Is water wet or dry?

9 hours ago, Firat said:

Correction water is made out of H2O molecules which when on top of something dry it will make it wet thus making water the conductor of wetness, water is wet no matter what because of its molecules. It takes basic knowledge and chemistry to figure out that water is in a liquid form and no matter what liquid it is it is still wet but when it comes to being a solid form it is not wet until the moment it starts melting.

22 minutes ago, Simmons said:

So this is how I flunked my fucking science class, eh?

if your science class grade was decided on the properties of water then i doubt knowing this would've saved your ass

every water molecul is surrounded by other liquid water moleculs and the definition of wetness is that something has to be surrounded by a liquid, therefore water is wet. check your definitions 

Wetness might also mean that something just has to be in a liquid form wich water is. 

5 hours ago, Lazer said:

Correction water is made out of H2O molecules which when on top of something dry it will make it wet thus making water the conductor of wetness, water is wet no matter what because of its molecules. It takes basic knowledge and chemistry to figure out that water is in a liquid form and no matter what liquid it is it is still wet but when it comes to being a solid form it is not wet until the moment it starts melting.

Thanks for fucking my brain xD

10 hours ago, Lazer said:

*clears throat* NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD

8 hours ago, Porsche said:

*clears throat* NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD

13 hours ago, Firat said:

Thanks for fucking my brain xD

Bro, I'm only a sophomore, It's just basic chemistry. lol

• Agree 1

"Water isn't wet. Wetness is a description of our experience of water; what happens to us when we come into contact with water in such a way that it impinges on our state of being. We, or our possessions, 'get wet'."

Straight from Google. GG

Yes I know Core already posted this.

Edited by Pyle

"wet" is the description of a liquid on a solid.  

For example, if ice melts in your soda.  You wouldn't say "my soda is wet".  The description of a liquid on a liquid is "diluted"; you would say "my soda is diluted".

If the liquid you are diluting is identical to the liquid that you are diluting it with, then you don't say that its diluted, you just say that there is more of it.

Thus, since water is liquid, not a solid, water is not wet.