Weapon Checker Configuration

Aegis

Name: Aegis

RP Rank: XO

Suggestion: Allow the weapon checker SWEP to strip all weapons, jetpacks, and utilities (Grenades, tac inserts, etc.).

Implementation: This would allow CG/TG to actually strip detainees when necessary, further increasing immersion into the RP scenarios on both sides. As it stands the weapon checker sees no love or use besides simply removing permaweapons, and seeing which the player possesses (omg he's got a middlefinger! Take it away!). Seeing that they are armed during a quick search, being able to disarm individuals, and then later return the weapons, opens many new avenues to engage in RP. To deepen the complexity we could have certain pistols that fit the "holdout blaster" category be missed by a check/strip (down to random chance even?), so EJs or players armed with the right gear can still be sneaky without it feeling cheap (Ex. Yeah I totally would have missed the DL-44 you stuffed in your boot...). While the random chance of rolls and counter-rolls is thrilling, the time it takes to strip someone via this swep could create tension, as the individual could be feigning compliance in order to surprise their captors. If 5 people roll low on stripping someone, and the other rolls high on their counters, it's becomes sillier and more unrealistic. If 5 people were detaining someone, FearRP can take effect here, encouraging compliance in the face of overwhelming odds. This would not need to replace rolls/counter-rolls, but would add tangible outcomes if it is felt the random chance is still desired over an RP scenario. Imagine the checkpoint RP that could happen if people could be properly disarmed before entering a particular area, and only the cunning smugglers could find an alternative through RP, or tuck something small on themselves. Or perhaps as part of prisoner intake they're searched and stripped before interrogation. Gamemasters could also get creative in using this tool (responsibly) with EJs (guards stopping someone before an audience with a VIP?). There are so many possibilities that listing them here would be futile, but I hope that this is considered, and implemented at some point in the future.

Lore: Large blasters are noticeable, as are many blaster pistols, and would be removed from an individual being detained, alongside items like jetpacks or explosives. CG and TG would be trained to search individuals, so use of this tool would be justified when detaining personnel, and better reflect the time taken in such a process. Even then, smaller holdout blasters could be missed.

Workshop content if applicable: Require Development.
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

spacer.png

+1

Current: Rancor Colt
Past spots: 501st XO, 501st CMD, 501st WO Appo, TC Hardcase, 332nd office, ATK Reg Purge, Keller Unit Vinnie, General Luminara, 41st GCO ARCL Draa, 3rd Crosshair on the Server, Hunter, Sith Marauder  TRO, GMM, VA x3. CIS Tac Droid, Guild Cabinet Member

The person who made a treaty with the sith as a clone 

I'm gonna be honest, i was pretty sure the weapon checker isnt even allowed to be used in RP 

I don't know how to feel about this because really, using a weapons checker to take Jetpacks seems abit over the top. How many people do you really arrest or detain with jetpacks? Not to mention rolling is just quicker than developing something capable of stripping entities off a person. I think a better idea might be to try to restructure the way detaining and stripping works. To the point where its like if you have 3 people around someone you can't fail to strip weapons. FearRP doesn't apply to anyone on this server except for EJs that arent droids or clones, and Bounty Hunters. My advice would be to figure this out in a roleplay scenario instead of asking for a weapon checker adjustment as the weapon checker is also a default tool from Gmod (unless we use our own made one?) that could be difficult or even impossible to adjust. 

• Informative 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti
929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

• 4 weeks later...

I'll say this when it was first implemented it works off the dark rp code of "illegal weapons" (aka weapons you don't get with the job) so I don't think it could take away the jet packs and in rp we are allowed to use the weapon checker to take weapons and the individual has to rp that all items are removed including clones and jetpacks and if they don't then it falls under fail rp for the detaine

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

Weapon Checker was DarkRP, and is no longer on the server.