Remove Naval

Void

Name: Void

RP Rank: Commander

Suggestion: Remove Naval

Implementation: Remove Naval

Reason: 

Honestly, their activity is limited and does not generate a positive response in the community. The majority of the time other people inside the community in various factions have to conduct the business they are supposed to. While I understand that Naval generates brilliant roleplay, the could be replaced with event jobs for when they are needed in the situational moments. It would provide a better asset for the Gamemaster Team to use instead of being a dedicated branch. Even Senate are vastly more popular and useful than them. We could potentially remove this faction and either keep it removed or replace it with something more appealing to VIPs providing Sever Leadership with a new opportunity for a new project to excite the community.

We could potentially move those duties to the Coruscant Guard with those duties which could assist them in further developing their roleplay and enhancing their role as security and base operations. In the wise words of Barry Bee Benson - ""Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, my grandmother was a simple woman." Naval is not a simple woman, sometimes simple is wise.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2
  • Pay Respect 1
  • Confused 1
  • Optimistic 1
  • Dumb 10

-1 because i don't think anything should be removed at this point unless its to be replaced with something else. If you come out with an idea to replace it with something that will bring a more meaningful addition to the server I would think about voting positively on that. But I don't think we need to just lose naval and have nothing take its place.

• Agree 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

@Conrad

Thank you for your response, this removal to add another thing would seem unwise at the current moment on player-base stats, it means we could see small influx in Battalion, Jedi and Bounty Hunters and when we expand to a good pace, I believe that those who makes the decisions would have a better insight of what could be added.

• Dumb 3

-1 not needed. Naval can have a great impact on the server and a decent amount of people are interested in it.

Taking that away and making it Event Jobs would put further conditions upon the GMs hosting events as they would need to find an extra person for every event to man the defcons and make announcements. Especially with how some staff members struggle to get Event Jobs that get to go blow up a bunch of clones or be super OP in combat, they would have a VERY difficult time filling an extra Event Job that has to sit up at BCC. Staff already use Republic Event job as Naval at times, so it’s not like they’re getting much benefit out of this. 

• Agree 1
  • Dumb 1

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

Banned

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 1
  • Informative 1
  • Pay Respect 1