From the Office of High Command 5/1/2022

Whats your opinion on or current regimental structure? (please leave reason/idea's below!)  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From the Office of High Command

5/1/2022

From the Office of the Chancellor - Conrad

General Updates

It's been a minute since I’ve done one of these and I apologize. I’ve been a bit busy with some absences due to some personal things that have kept me away from the server a bit more than I have wished. Fortunately, I believe I will be good to be as consistent with these as I have in the past however for the foreseeable future.

For open positions we have Marshal Commander, 104th BCMD Wolffe, 41st BCMD Gree, 212th BCMD Cody, CG BCMD Fox. In the next two week we have Guild Leader opening up. 

So recently you may have noticed that the operations regiment has been dissolved, and CG has been moved back inside the standard clone regiments. I want to talk first on the initial choice to remove operations as a group and move CG to Siege. We as high command where noticing issues of how to handle CG from the perspective of who's in charge. While the admiral was over them directly he wasn't really over them, as he is the acting lead for his own faction. This would result in other people coming in to assist the admiral with problems in CG very consistently. However this would result in someone different each time helping out depending on the schedule of everyone else. Sometimes It would be myself, sometimes xaze, sometimes Jova when he was Marshall. But by having it be someone different each time we where having issues of no integrated member that understood the battalion, its members, and its issues. This is a very bad things to have and just really makes the job of High Command a lot more difficult, thus the final result of operations being removed.

Now people are probably things, "Why siege?". Honestly, to me, its because trying something new is better then just going back to another old broken system. Putting CG into SPEC again would just be something that clearly didn't work being tried again. I'm not a big fan of going back when we could try something new. So here we are trying something new. Xaze has some decent ties to CG in his past, this tied with enthusiasm and most recent previous work with CG is why he was chosen. If you have any questions about this situation please let me know. Thanks!

Roleplayer of the Week

RPer of the week for this week is shroud. Shroud was brought up by Mavelle for his excellent rp with the Bad Batch members. Mavelle has spoken on how well shroud has grown into the character and how well he interacts with the members of his squad. It was great to hear and see shroud grow into the role even more. I remember speaking to him many times about how much he wanted this position and i'm so glad to see him doing well in it. Great job shroud find me for your reward.

Question for the Community

This is a bit related to the chance with CG coming under siege. Personally I'm not the biggest fan of regiments being called things like "siege, attack, defence, spec, ect". I feel like it results in people expect each battalion in the group to do X thing, and doesn't look very far past that thing to do. So my question is, Whats your opinion on or current regimental structure? Do you like how they are handled, do you wish they were changed. If you wish they were changed, how do you wish they were changed? Leave a vote and a comment below explaining why!

Clone Updates

I spent a good amount of time talking to rancor about the perspectives changes they had. While they currently have a server suggestion on the direction they want to go, I can tell you it was a pretty length process to finally get to this point of the suggestion. I've given input to them along the way and let me tell you If i never have to listen to brooklyn talk about ARC things again it will be too soon.

Navy Updates

I want to congratulate our newest admiral Tec to the position. I’ll be honest it was a close race between himself and Omalic, as I truly believe both of them could have done a great job in the position. 

Jedi Updates

I haven't spent a ton of time with jedi recently, however in just the past day I’ve been reading over and helping willy with a new system he wants to try to implement for the jedi order. I don’t want to spoil what it is but I've been reading it over and trying to help get the doc in order.

Guild Updates

Before my LOA I talked to Brooklyn about an Idea of mine that I mentioned in my application, and that is the creation of a system on how to be able to utilize the dark saber inside the guild. Our conversation wasn’t super in-depth and just introduced the idea. Unfortunately He was on LOA, then myself kind of back to back so no further work has been done on that. I plan on hopefully getting with him in the next week and decide if this is something we want going forward for the guild.

Senate

I took some time this week to talk to Willy about his new Jedi Senator position. I had some Ideas for him on how best to make the position feel as integrated as possible. One thing that I’ve learned in my time in battalions is the key to a healthy Jedi section is to include them in every and anything as you would a regular member of your battalion. Now this isn’t a battalion but I believe the same ideas can be utilized here in order to ensure the position is not just filled, but filled by someone that will wish to remain in the position for the long term.

Notes

As always, I am more than happy to talk in TS or discord at any time about anything. Just send me a message!

• Funny 1
  • Informative 1
  • Optimistic 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

Banned
Just now, Mavelle said:

You forgot the GM news!
I'm wiping

Hide contents

My Ass

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Funny 1

r4ymo.gif

• Management
1 hour ago, Conrad said:

This is a bit related to the chance with CG coming under siege. Personally I'm not the biggest fan of regiments being called things like "siege, attack, defence, spec, ect". I feel like it results in people expect each battalion in the group to do X thing, and doesn't look very far past that thing to do. So my question is, Whats your opinion on or current regimental structure? Do you like how they are handled, do you wish they were changed. If you wish they were changed, how do you wish they were changed? Leave a vote and a comment below explaining why!

I sorta agree with the sentiment and personally not a huge fan of the most recent regiment rework (Siege is just Attack 2.0 :/) but I think it’s getting a little out hand lmao and I doubt there will be another regiment switch up after the pain we went through to get where they are now.

Personally with me I’d just create Regiment 1, 2, 3, etc and have the battalions within be totally different from one another instead of being grouped by similarities. CG in Siege is a little whack to me. 

Then we can just call them “Name’s Regiment” like how a lot of unnamed units in lore are called ex. Doom’s Unit, Slick’s Platoon, etc. Obviously these groups had numerical names because their a military we just never saw them.

”Finn’s Regiment, Xaze’s Regiment, Sriracha’s Regiment” Shit they can even go as far as to name their regiments. Create cool lore/backstories or whatever they like. 

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

3 hours ago, Conrad said:

So my personal opinion on this is that it is a double edged sword. It separates the groups and gives them something different to do and gives people on jedi an idea to put their clone in a different regiment so you have access to different things. In this aspect it is a good thing more than it is a bad thing.

There is also a bad side to this though and that gives people tunnel vision on what these battalions can do. People focus more on 41st being an attack battalion than a recon battalion and our attack deployments are just push through some droids and kill them (atleast since ive joined the server this has been a majority of them). I wish that there wasn't such a narrow minded outlook on these things and people focused more on the specialization of that battalion. So in this case removing regiments or reworking them would be a good idea to get rid of the tunnel vision in a way.

I feel that reworking them could cause more issues than leaving them alone though which is unfortunate, but this in my opinion is one of those lesser of both evils type situations. However if an ultimatum can be fixed to kind of merge both of these situations then I feel it would be perfect.

(BUNCHA RANKS AND NAMES HERE)