In Regard to Privilege

Forum Admin

Do not worry, this won't be a Logic post where I call someone racist for being white, this is in relation to BH and GAR relations.

I think it is the responsibility of every player to be honest and fair when making judgement calls in RP, especially when it has a direct effect on others.

In the case of BH's, it's quite a fine line between being an asshole, and being fair, and I guess I wanted to ask your guy's opinion on that. 

In my experience, I have always been incredibly frusterated with the manner in which many "allow" civilians on base, and furthermore, what we allow them to do. I myself main-ed bounty hunter at a point, reaching the rank of Guild Marshal for a while, so I 100% understand the struggles many faces whilst on the job.

With that being said, I still firmly believe that being allowed on base is a privilege, not a right, which is a concept I don't think many understand, clones and BH's alike.

It amazes me to this day, that when people disrespect or threaten a clone, they are surprised when they are met with an adverse reaction. This plays back into the whole privilege factor I mentioned earlier. Furthermore, I am also impressed when a battalion lines the hall, each ready to scrutinize a hunter's base pass, and then are surprised when no one wants to roleplay with them. 

As much as you can point to documents and ROE guides all you want, just because you can give/take away a pass, doesn't mean you should, and just because you have a pass, doesn't make you invincible to repercussions. 

This lack of punishment / RP responsibility makes the server and roleplay in general so boring to me sometimes. There are no stakes, no CoC to be respected, no kill that isn't "RDM". It's all just so boring to me at a point.

So I guess this is where I ask a question. Is there something here you disagree with? Do you believe we are to loose with our regulations?

TL;DR - I believe you shouldn't be invulnerable to consequences on any job.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1
  • Informative 1
  • Confused 2

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

If there's one thing 90% of the server acting like the main character in every situation has shown me it's that you're never going to be able to encourage anyone on this server to RP in any way other than exactly what they want to regardless of how it affects others.

• Agree 1

Why tf cant you upload images to forums this shit dumb asf

Bounty hunters deserve what they get.

that being said I’ll host events for them all day if I could, because I love them, and being antagonists is roleplay that is scarce. BH RP has a lot of lost potential because this is clone wars first, so being on base is the only way to get mass interaction. Otherwise, it’s bounty v bounty RP, which isn’t utilized as much.

• Friendly 1

My take is simple. If you're a BH, then you're a civilian on a military base in an active combat zone on a contested planet in the middle of the biggest war in 4 millennium, and quite a few spend half the time annoying clones. I'm gonna treat you with a degree of suspicion, and the first sign of non-compliance, ya gone.

• Informative 1

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

Honestly I agree with the lack of punishments on the server in some ways, not that they should be more severe just some more discipline and more acts of seriousness. I think just some more smack on the wrists for stuff would go a long way to further encourage being more serious. By serious I don’t mean anything crazy and I am aware we are a semi-serious server but I feel the chain of command should be respected and respect should be given to those who put the time in.

• Agree 1
On 3/14/2022 at 12:09 PM, Guac said:

In my experience, I have always been incredibly frusterated with the manner in which many "allow" civilians on base, and furthermore, what we allow them to do. I myself main-ed bounty hunter at a point, reaching the rank of Guild Marshal for a while, so I 100% understand the struggles many faces whilst on the job.

It's kinda hard. Hunters don't really have any other faction to interact with more (with consistency) aside from the guild and clones. If half of the guild are currently where clones are, the other half will probably head there to interact with them too. If we prevented them from coming in then we'd be more a barrier to RP than encouraging of it.

With that being said, I still firmly believe that being allowed on base is a privilege, not a right, which is a concept I don't think many understand, clones and BH's alike.

It amazes me to this day, that when people disrespect or threaten a clone, they are surprised when they are met with an adverse reaction. This plays back into the whole privilege factor I mentioned earlier. Furthermore, I am also impressed when a battalion lines the hall, each ready to scrutinize a hunter's base pass, and then are surprised when no one wants to roleplay with them. 

It's a privilege in that you have to be approved for it, sure. And yeah, I kinda hate the "Ha. If you look at me wrong, I'll blow off your legs... wait, what do you mean I'm being told to leave base?" mentality. People just are edgy on any job though so I started tuning it out. And yeah, there isn't really an easy way to do the inverse either because some players just like being annoying to be annoying. 

As much as you can point to documents and ROE guides all you want, just because you can give/take away a pass, doesn't mean you should, and just because you have a pass, doesn't make you invincible to repercussions. 

This lack of punishment / RP responsibility makes the server and roleplay in general so boring to me sometimes. There are no stakes, no CoC to be respected, no kill that isn't "RDM". It's all just so boring to me at a point.

I was under the impression that this was the intent of RSB at the time. To add consequences for hunters that had made the funny most wanted board or whatever... that only a handful of people typically even see. But regardless, I'd again argue that not giving a pass (without good reason, i.e. them identifying themselves to be the most wanted clan rn) is more harmful to an RP environment than helpful. In the same vein though, throw them out if they are stupid but don't abuse the privilege to do so.

• Agree 1

Former 21st

Formerly known as CastleClone

• 2 weeks later...