Venator_Extensive instead of Venator_Synergy

Ccmonty

Name: Monty

RP Rank: 104th MSG Monty

Suggestion: Use Venator_Extensive instead of Venator_Synergy

Implementation: when switching the main server map use Extensive instead of Synergy. Synergy is small and cramped , has very little to do for RP, is lacking a permaweapons shop and saber part/crystal spawns, and because of its size it is very hard for event jobs to enter or survive for any decent period of time. Extensive is bigger and has more things to do and use for RP, its bigger size allows event jobs to escape more easily, and it has multiple jump locations along with working cannons.

Lore: Its a venator

Workshop content if applicable:https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1257128301

• Funny 1

Small is exactly what we want. Main server isn't catered to only events in the grand scheme of things, and making the map bigger would only create more issues.
For example, extensive has seen a lot of updates since the last time we played it, and the more KingPommes does to that map, the worse it gets in terms of performance. I can tell you right now that the second we switch to that map and sit on it for at least 10-20 minutes, the complaints about lag and the pure horror of hosting an event on it will be catastrophic.
Another issue with having the map itself expanding out into a bigger size would be the fact that you just won't run into anyone as often as you should. We want people to see one another in multiple spots, and with extensive, there'd be one or two meeting spots at most. Yes, it's great for RP, but if times call for it that's exactly why we have event server.

Edited by Jayarr
  • Agree 4
  • Winner 1

I remember everyone hating on me dawg when i said being on a ship as gonna be boring, @Banesaid something in the AAR that i agree alot with, the venator for alot of battalions is REALLY boring, while operations has a blast

personally (I know this is just a pipe dream) i would love for every 2 weeks we go to a different map every time, i like the idea for a weekend where we just experience something new, operations will experience setting up new checkpoints and stuff,But i know this idea will never happen though.

A permanent base map allows for alot, as you can do alot, especially with our current version of anaxes, we have 5 planets of species we could explore to, in the venator you dont see umbarans, you cant do recon on the ship, some of my favorite things to do when i get on main is doing small things for battalions, a nice little recon mission for rancor, a small assult for 501st, Walon Vau visiting SOBDE for a short time, these things cant be done on a ship map because its not flexible. Change of pace is everything but i honestly think we would be better focusing on 1 map especially since were on the horizon of the new map (fingers crossed).

TL;DR Ships are boring, rather just focus on being on the base for the remainder time were gonna have it before never seeing it again

Forseen Smith was right, anaxes v3 is awsome 😞

Edited by Bacta
  • Agree 1

220px-Trump_The_Art_of_The_Deal2C_cover2

• Retired Founder
4 hours ago, Bacta said:

I remember everyone hating on me dawg when i said being on a ship as gonna be boring, @Banesaid something in the AAR that i agree alot with, the venator for alot of battalions is REALLY boring, while operations has a blast

personally (I know this is just a pipe dream) i would love for every 2 weeks we go to a different map every time, i like the idea for a weekend where we just experience something new, operations will experience setting up new checkpoints and stuff,But i know this idea will never happen though.

A permanent base map allows for alot, as you can do alot, especially with our current version of anaxes, we have 5 planets of species we could explore to, in the venator you dont see umbarans, you cant do recon on the ship, some of my favorite things to do when i get on main is doing small things for battalions, a nice little recon mission for rancor, a small assult for 501st, Walon Vau visiting SOBDE for a short time, these things cant be done on a ship map because its not flexible. Change of pace is everything but i honestly think we would be better focusing on 1 map especially since were on the horizon of the new map (fingers crossed).

TL;DR Ships are boring, rather just focus on being on the base for the remainder time were gonna have it before never seeing it again

It’s almost like this is what I was saying all along but you didn’t believe me @Bacta :peepoLove:

• Funny 1

-1 extensive is amazing...... to an extent.

back in 2017-2020 when the server was maxing 128+ players to the point that we were kicking AFKs this map was perfect. No lag, hardly any crashes and hella stuff to do.
Nowadays we cap 110 with mad lag 

the Darman Keller guy

• Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.