From the Office of High Command 12/26/2021

Conrad

Whats your favorite thing to do during downtime.  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From the Office of High Command

12/26/2021

This is a general update document, detailing the things done by the Chancellor and the Marshal Commander. This document will be posted Bi-Weekly with updates on what they both have done. Please leave any feedback you have in the comment below.

From the Office of the Chancellor - Conrad

General Updates

I want to start with a quick apology for being late. I’m sure a lot of you can understand just how crazy the holidays can be, as well as having to help my dad with covid. Those two factors have just swamped me, and will result in this update being a bit shorter, but hopefully I can try to get back to my more normal schedule here now.

We have a lot of currently open positions, being Commander Doom, Blitz, Fox, and Marshal Commander. In the next two week the positions of Supreme Chancellor will be opening.

With the above being said, while I do plan on running for a second term it is never a guarantee that I will get it, I would like to say it's been a pleasure to be chancellor for the past 3 months. I feel like I have truly made some lasting and positive impacts on the server and I have had a blast working with everyone while I do it. Thank you all for the opportunity and the chance to prove myself!

Roleplayer of the Week

@anderson was nominated by @Zeros. Here is his statement below and see me for your reward! Also feel free to recommend anyone you see!

"Saw how Jova recommended somebody, might as well do my take. As his name stands currently, Naval MED CA Anderson has been doing really good passive RP on base in just the past week from what I've seen. From interacting with me while I did maintenance checks and flights while manning ATC, and to the in depth checkup he just performed that felt lifelike and was definitely above and beyond. Figured I'd throw this one in here for roleplayer of the week (or whatever you'd like to call it)." -Zeros

Question for the Community

What is your favorite thing to do during downtime? What would you like to see more of? If i don’t include it in the questions go ahead and leave it as a comment below!

Clone Updates

I haven’t personally done a lot with any clone battalions for the past two weeks. However I do have some things I want to report on.

Rancor - Recently I have seen a very decent uptrend in activity from rancor. They were in a bit of a difficult spot a couple weeks ago and I’m happy to see some life come back into the battalion. I hope we can soon see a new BCMD take control and a return to full normalcy for rancor!

41st - 41st have gotten their new models! I will say the activity increase I’ve seen from the 41st over the last couple of days is phenomenal to see. I love seeing everyone with their new models and having fun with all the cool designs on them. With that being said a thing I like to discuss when battalions get these new models are body grouper rules. Personally I’m not a big fan of body grouper rules. While having a couple small things like kama and pauldrons limited I enjoy seeing the individuality from each trooper in their appearance. Having extensive and exhausting body grouper rules is annoying and limits the uniqueness that each clone has. I hope that battalions that do have body grouper rules can reevaluate them and trim them down so as not to kill some of the potential of these new models we’ve been getting!

Navy Updates

The navy has undergone one of the biggest changes it has seen in probably its entire lifetime on the server. A good majority of my working time that wasn’t eating christmas food was discussing things with @Freckas he double checked everything before going live. I won’t reiterate everything that freck has already said in an incredible way, so i’ll just link you to his forum post. I encourage everyone to go join the navy now that your character in it is permanent, I know i’ve joined already!

Jedi Updates

The Jedi Order will be hosting some interviews for Shaak Ti here shortly. Remember XO’s and BCMD’s are more than welcome to attend interviews, ask questions to the applicants, and provide feedback, so I encourage as many as possible to take part! Contact @Sixta or @Mar if interested

Additionally I had a very long and fruitful discussion with @sixta when it came to choosing who he wanted to be his windu. While I won’t go over candidates and why X or Y wasn’t chosen or was, I will give some general tips that I think are important when picking positions like XO/Windu in general on the server. Remember this is just my opinion, and different people will look at positions differently, but this is the system that has, to me, worked wonders. 

To me the position of XO/Windu is not just the “BCMD/Yoda when the BCMD/Yoda isn’t here”. To call the position that and fill it like you would a Commander/Overseer position is a disservice to it, and let me explain why. In our server the BCMD/Yoda’s have full authority in how they run and govern their battalions, this means they can at any time say “we’re doing x” to their commanders and they don’t really have anything they can do about it unless it's breaking a commander rule. However the XO/Windu is someone that is able to disagree with the BCMD/Yoda and stick to his guns no matter what. The XO/Windu is the person who will call you on your shit, and who you trust to call you out. I think an excellent example is my recent time as Windu with Jabaku. Neither of us saw the other as lesser or greater than the other, we were equals. And when one of us was an idiot, we would fight, and argue, and call each other out on it, and then 5 minutes later go back to having fun. Despite constant heated argument/debate we were able to hold no ill will for each other or didn’t grow to resent what the other said, because we were able to separate the job from our friendship. This perfect mix of trusted advisor, friend, equal, and person who is willing to speak up and hold their ground is how you should treat the XO/Windu position. It is not just the next step up in the rank structure from Commander, but a position that should be treated as your battalion's most trusted advisor. I also believe that the position of XO/Windu should be wiped with each new BCMD/Yoda. Every time I’ve been a XO and someone has been promoted to BCMD I have offered to step down from the position with 0 ill will. I realize that while I might have been someone else's most trusted advisor, I might not be the best fit for the new guy coming in. I feel like that's a good stance to have when it comes to XO’s and helps create a true perfect union.

Guild Updates

The guild has continued to push out some major updates along with their updates to how clans operate. We have seen a bit of a stir up in how renown works. To start you are no longer able to buy anything from the market at any time, the market is now only open a couple of days per month. This will hopefully encourage players to have a inventory of useful items ready to go for any given situation that might arise and use them accordingly, to then stock up when the market reopens later. With this along with a complete overhaul of pricing for the market I hope we can see Hunter utilize all the options they have provided to them by the guild in order to help spice up how they complete their bounties.

Senate

The senate has some big plans with trying to expand the number of senators.  @Willyworm1and I talked about this and I thought it would be a great way to potentially increase senator RP on the server. The suggestion is currently up to add 3 new senators, go ahead and give it a look and provide feedback.

https://synergyroleplay.com/forums/topic/29539-senate-additions/

On top of this I have gone over a couple of new documents for @willy in the past two weeks. These are for new committees. I’m glad to see willy putting out such consistent work into the start of his new term. I hope to see the senate continue to flourish under you. 

Notes

As always, I am more than happy to talk in TS or discord at any time about anything. Just send me a message!

Edited by Conrad
  • Winner 2
  • Informative 1
  • Friendly 2

spacer.pngspacer.png

17 minutes ago, Conrad said:

To me the position of XO/Windu is not just the “BCMD/Yoda when the BCMD/Yoda isn’t here”. To call the position that and fill it like you would a Commander/Overseer position is a disservice to it, and let me explain why. In our server the BCMD/Yoda’s have full authority in how they run and govern their battalions, this means they can at any time say “we’re doing x” to their commanders and they don’t really have anything they can do about it unless it's breaking a commander rule. However the XO/Windu is someone that is able to disagree with the BCMD/Yoda and stick to his guns no matter what. The XO/Windu is the person who will call you on your shit, and who you trust to call you out. I think an excellent example is my recent time as Windu with Jabaku. Neither of us saw the other as lesser or greater than the other, we were equals. And when one of us was an idiot, we would fight, and argue, and call each other out on it, and then 5 minutes later go back to having fun. Despite constant heated argument/debate we were able to hold no ill will for each other or didn’t grow to resent what the other said, because we were able to separate the job from our friendship. This perfect mix of trusted advisor, friend, equal, and person who is willing to speak up and hold their ground is how you should treat the XO/Windu position. It is not just the next step up in the rank structure from Commander, but a position that should be treated as your battalion's most trusted advisor.

100% agree. When you get that perfect balance of XO and BCMD it really sets a good vibe in the battalion.

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg