Staff command Suggestion

Dono

Name: Dono

RP Rank: CSM

Suggestion: add another command or edit the !spectate command to where after typing the command, you get that view where you can see players, their HP and a line to where they are looking AND STILL BE ABLE TO USE THE TOOL GUN AND Q MENU. The current !spectate command does not allow you to use q menu or the toolgun while being able to see the advanced view.  This would help out a lot with making it so that as a GM you can see players regardless if they are cloaked or not and gauge the players hp throughout an event and whether or not an event job should push a corner or if the spawning is too much for players to advance. 

https://gyazo.com/39b0f7ba52d4db87897cb3df830b594a

Implementation: I dont know how hard it would be but it would take dev work.

Lore: yes

spacer.png

I know this used to exist through ULX, it was just an esp toggle so it should really be doable. My only concern is that this would lend to... a lot of cheating potentially from the staff team, in pvp or during events or tryouts or whatever. Not a huge deal and I dont wanna be a nay sayer or anything, but it seems pretty intentional that spectate disables you from actually doing anything in the meantime. If we require adminmode for it we both know very well there will pretty easily be bugs to get around that. 

Neutral for now leaning +1, do you have any ideas for limiting staff just using this whenever they feel like it?

Goodbye, everyone. 

1 hour ago, Jovanovic said:

I know this used to exist through ULX, it was just an esp toggle so it should really be doable. My only concern is that this would lend to... a lot of cheating potentially from the staff team, in pvp or during events or tryouts or whatever. Not a huge deal and I dont wanna be a nay sayer or anything, but it seems pretty intentional that spectate disables you from actually doing anything in the meantime. If we require adminmode for it we both know very well there will pretty easily be bugs to get around that. 

Neutral for now leaning +1, do you have any ideas for limiting staff just using this whenever they feel like it?

It would definetely only be something useable while in adminmode. Also technically any staff power can be abused and Spectate as well since you can literally just go see where ppl are and then easily leave the spectate view. Punishment would be severe for abusing it and having it to watch pace for events is so much more important than the 1 staff member out of hundred that abuses it. Just make the command SA+ and make sure it announces a message in chat that only staff can see like the bring command.

• Informative 1

spacer.png

I feel like some admins will abuse this as it is essentially wall hacks. If you see something and need to do something while spectating, pressing R will telwport you to where you are.

Edited by Gadget

What? Were you expecting some colourful thing denoting my past achievements?

Well tough luck, even if I did it would be just 3 things - Bacara, SPEC REG, Old HA.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine... Always forward, never back...

11 hours ago, Gadget said:

I feel like some admins will abuse this as it is essentially wall hacks. If you see something and need to do something while spectating, pressing R will telwport you to where you are.

I agree with this just Tp there if needed.

• Agree 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

-1 Wall Hax. Need I say more

Current: Deviant

Former: ITD 21stKU Commander Paladin, TRO | Alpha-66 Captain Muzzle, Wolfpack Commander Warthog/BCMD WolffeParjai SUPO 1stLT Four, Doom's Unit ARFL Commander Cloves, Spec Ops Captain ARFL Paladin, 41stEC HVYL Buzz, TRM, 2x HA

15 hours ago, Paladin_ said:

-1 Wall Hax. Need I say more

On 10/2/2021 at 5:32 AM, Gadget said:

I feel like some admins will abuse this as it is essentially wall hacks.

Admins kinda already got wall hacks. Spectate shows you where all players are already, on top of their health. And as for admins cheating they can set their own HP, on top of giving themselves guns(like you'd know if they bought vs spawned in anything except special tier guns), on top of making themselves not just get shot at by droids. If admins want to they can easily cheat. I don't think this is the best reason to -1 this IMO. Staff members have these powers because they more or less are trusted with them, if they're found to be abusing well... just look at some of the banned staff power abusers.

I'm gonna +1 with the knowledge the the dev team usually denies things that cause lag or are hard to do, because those are my two concerns always. If this is able to happen and to be made to happen quickly then I see no reason why not, if not they'll just deny it.

Edited by Conrad
  • Winner 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

39 minutes ago, Taz said:

Boy I cheated so many 501st PvP sims with !spectate y’all are soft whining about wall hacks

nice -1??? do you have a reason tho?

also the wall hacks thing seems pretty weak as staff already have a plethora of ways to cheat the system, I mean did you ever meet scribbles? So that seems like a weak cop out reason.
I feel like this isn't a terribly useful ability, I dunno how often staff would even gage player health to scope out what to do in an event, they seem to struggle to not spawn things on top of people so staying on top of stats kinda seems like a optimistic idea.

I think spectate mode works fine rn and this wouldn't be that useufl, unless a GM wants to enlighten me otherwise, -1

Edited by Comics

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

16 minutes ago, Comics said:

nice -1??? do you have a reason tho?

also the wall hacks thing seems pretty weak as staff already have a plethora of ways to cheat the system, I mean did you ever meet scribbles? So that seems like a weak cop out reason.
I feel like this isn't a terribly useful ability, I dunno how often staff would even gage player health to scope out what to do in an event, they seem to struggle to not spawn things on top of people so staying on top of stats kinda seems like a optimistic idea.

I think spectate mode works fine rn and this wouldn't be that useufl, unless a GM wants to enlighten me otherwise, -1

the main push behind this suggestion was the usefullness for an event for SO. Not being able to keep track of cloaked troopers and respond while actively seeing them move around cloaked makes it much more difficult to not spawn droids on top of cloaked troopers. you can tp to ppl but if people are moving quickly while cloaked or when dealing with a large force cloaked and spread out all over, spectate doesn't provide enough utility for a GM to easily ensure the quality of their event.

spacer.png

I used to just have !spectate bound to a key and you can just toggle it on and off when you need to in order to see how much health your event jobs or players have and where they are. Also sometimes, for larger things, I'd employ a game helper to do that for me (especially when deploying / involving lots of cloakers). 

Ultimately I don't think this is at all necessary, but if it'll help make events smoother for some GMs then sure, +1.

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

:FeelsDankMan: :DERPPERS:<--- You reading this