BlackBerry Game Master App

BlackBerry

Name: BlackBerry
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:234472636
Current Staff Rank: Admin
Are you Currently a GH?: Yes

How long have you played on the server? [Hours]: 2033:55:30

From 1-10, what would you rate your knowledge of the Clone Wars?: 9/10

Do you understand that if you are inactive, you will be removed from the program?: Yes

Why do you want to join the Gamemaster team?: I would like to be a gamemaster because I think that there is a lot of downtime in the server. As a GM I would implement passive RP during downtime which may evolve into encounters or events. Also, I am active late night, during less active hours for GM's and staff in general. This would allow more interaction during downtime for those who are awake/online. I really like telling stories through RP as it allows me to explore the Star Wars lore through the interactions and different points of view of other people. Furthermore, I am a huge Star Wars nerd (I mean aren't we all.. we play SWRP) and I love lore regarding a lot of unexplored aspects of Star Wars on Synergy. Things like the Hutt species, interconnectivity between star systems, Sith lore, Grey Jedi, Endor's reputation for being a common point for shipwrecks and thus a melting pot so to speak of species, and more. I want to become a GM because I would like Synergy to become as close as possible to a MMO RPG in the sense of a game like SWTOR, where you travel outside of base and you have a chance of doing something, there is always immersive elements that tell stories, even passively. I think Gmod has the potential better than any other medium currently to be a fully immersive MMO RPG, even detracting elements of dungeon crawling, top down, third person style RPG. I think people are usually limited by that definition. I understand the current state of the Server's RP being "Semi-Serious" or "However you want to roleplay within reason", so I don't want to force my playstyle or ambitions on others. But I would like to help add the choice  and interactions of an active roleplay situation most of the time, even if it's minor RP.
Do you have any suggestions for the gamemaster team
?: Expand events beyond shootem ups and base raids. Shootem's serve their purpose, don't get me wrong, but including more thought out storylines, and developed plans are going to, in the long run, be more fulfilling. I think we need to get away from just seeing events as Quotas or something to do. I think events should be something to experience. I like when events make you feel like you're in a battlefield when you're pushing umbaran trenches. I know it is difficult right now with a lack of a running event server, but I don't see that to be an excuse for being lenient or lazy with events. I think that events should be something fun, and if you really want to tell a story and make people have a sense of immersion and fulfillment, you should tell a story or do something more than just spawning a target to stare at and hold down the left mouse button for. People miss out on roleplay opportunities a lot, and if that's due to mass player negligence or ignorance, then we should do our best to implement roleplay through our events so that people can't be negligent.
That may be uninformed due to my lack of experience within the field, but I want to learn through being a Game Master on the limitations of events so I may help implement more enjoyment in the server. If you grant me the chance of being a Game Master, then I would be able to gain more insight into my talking points, outline what can and cannot be done, and things like that which would defuse confusion and better our experiences as a whole.

Link us to a document for an event that you will execute as a gamemaster:

CIS and the Scientist

Place the links below of at least 2 Events you have been the GM for: 

Endor's Game | Doc

Coup De Poisson-el | Doc

spacer.png
love 212th <3 og sith gaymer

KURT :D thank you man i appreciate it. you were my bcmd when i first joined the server, i still have ur so handbook <3

11 hours ago, Kurt said:

+1 from one former late night admin to another late night admin. I like what you got kid. Keep it up

<3

spacer.png
love 212th <3 og sith gaymer

• Management
Management

+1 Good kid

• Friendly 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

• 2 weeks later...