Job change for CIS

Maddoxx

Name: Maddoxx

RP Rank: RCMD & Trench 

Suggestion: Add a new job for CIS so that we have more humanoids that can roleplay with the Republic during operations. 

Implementation: Add the job slot to f4 menu to CIS to use. 

Lore: Dooku has regularly shown a blatant disregard for the rule of two when it came to him training dark force users to work under him. They were not sith merely tools. 

Workshop content if applicable: N/A

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Add

Job: Dark Force User 

Slots: 2

Description: Dark force users were tools of the Sith to be used and trained in the dark side but not actually made full sith. At the end of the day Dark Force users where tools meant to be disposed of when they had served their purpose. 

Model: models/syntheticgaming/characters/sithassassin/sithassassin.mdl

Weapons: Standard dark force user saber. 

Other: These would be two slots for trusted droids to be able to utilize so that we can include more jobs that have the capability of roleplaying over comms or even in person with Republic personnel compared to just mindless droid assaults. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 5

• Management

Not a fan of this personally. I feel there are plenty of other choices for CIS jobs that can create RP that aren't wannabe Sith.

I barely see the current RP positions do RP. If this got added it just be a pathway to adding more Sith and it will just be used to force leap around and cause chaos, not actually roleplay

• Agree 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

8 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Not a fan of this personally. I feel there are plenty of other choices for CIS jobs that can create RP that aren't wannabe Sith.

I barely see the current RP positions do RP. If this got added it just be a pathway to adding more Sith and it will just be used to force leap around and cause chaos, not actually roleplay

unknown.png

This was the feedback we got when we attempt to RP, this isn't the only example. Do you mind sharing with me in DM's some possibilities that you talk about?

ALSO +1

• Agree 1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

-1 This is the exact same suggestion that was made less than a month ago, but instead of it being Savage and Ventress, it's two unnamed Sith. Like I said the last time, I don't think the CIS will actually RP with these characters and operations will just send up more annoying to deal with. If you want actually roleplay, make a suggestion to add characters like Wat Tambor or Poggle the Lesser. Comics suggested this last time you guys were denied.

spacer.png

Former: Rancor PVT | Special Operations SGM | Jedi Astromech | Guardian | B2 Battle Droid

41 minutes ago, Johnson said:

-1 This is the exact same suggestion that was made less than a month ago, but instead of it being Savage and Ventress, it's two unnamed Sith. Like I said the last time, I don't think the CIS will actually RP with these characters and operations will just send up more annoying to deal with. If you want actually roleplay, make a suggestion to add characters like Wat Tambor or Poggle the Lesser. Comics suggested this last time you guys were denied.

This suggestion is already there but you don’t see them fighting clones tho

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Fat +1

This is NOT an all the time enemy. This is an enemy that will enhance the roleplay of the server by having unique interactions and custom "Lore" as their notoriety increases. And lets be real, if the Clone wars were to have a filler season 8, the writers might not hesitate to create another Dark Force User that fought alongside the CIS. They would just write it in a way that makes them fit into the story somehow. (If they felt the need for a new character)

Example: 

Lets say there is a Dark Force User created by a player on the server called "Plendoo" this dark force user then uses the handful of droids that Dooku allowed him to use to mount an assault on the Anaxes base, in the process Plendoo comes across the Admiral as he raids BCC. Plendoo goes up to him and grabs his shirt and holds his saber up to his gut, asking why he should let the admiral live, but before the admiral could answer, the clones storm BCC, destroying the droids in the room, Plendoo drops Yularen and begins to fight his way out, backed into a corner he uses the force to cloak, and makes it out alive, only to face the wrath of dooku for his shortcomings. So he vows vengence on Yularen. 

Thats the way I imagine it, recurring custom Dark Force Users. 

I am sure with their implementation there will of course be a large list of rules for them to follow.

Also whats the difference between a GM bringing in a custom sith lord and the CIS using more lore friendly dark force users. (Note: Corrupted Jedi can also be considered dark force users, that can lead to story)

Edited by Logic
  • Disagree 1

I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot.

Banned
18 hours ago, Marvel said:

This! -1

r4ymo.gif

2 minutes ago, Sixta said:

This! -1

18 hours ago, Marvel said:

CIS Suggestion form is open for your suggestions that are "Better Options"

I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot.

Forum Admin

If there is a lack of drive to RP with Dooku, I don't think adding more sith jobs will help fix that. I think people are bored due to a lack in variety in most CIS op's therefore they don't see a point in Comms RP when the outcome will be the same either way.

-1 until I see a real shift in attitude from clones, and variety from CIS.

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

-1 The CIS can't really function as RP focused faction being that they are glorified pvp events at this current time and adding a saber user won't help any RP issues that exist this s just wanting a saber using pvp unit which i would be willing to hear the argument for but none of this 

Lore: Dooku has regularly shown a blatant disregard for the rule of two when it came to him training dark force users to work under him. They were not sith merely tools.

trying to justify it as it simply is not true Dooku cared lot about the rule of two. Manly as in he would not wish to anger Sidious again. Every apprentice Dooku had was approved by Palpatine that being  Ventress, Savage and Vos.

Even then  have never understood the complaint about the "CIS" doesn't RP enough. Just on the basis that they are a always hostile enemy faction. In war you don't do a lot of chatting to the enemy generally speaking. Even then Battle droids and clones don't do much smack talk to one another and the only people who ever really communicate with CIS are the senate diplomats and the Jedi Generals and alot of that is during combat. Personally I hate it when people make the argument that Comms RP is a good example of RP during CIS operations as a positive. This is mainly because your average C tier event or even D or worse Tier events will include the most basic comms RP during it.

At least with Sith functionally as a faction they had creative things you can do with them. Being dark side force users and the amount of lore that comes with that and potential RP that could be done was high alongside that they could be be neutral or hide as a civies. There were a lot of potential situations that could be created with their presence, Sure there was a lot of bad elements like ROE and other thing immersion breaking and what not but sith as a faction has a identity and limitless amounts of possible things you can do with it.

But when it comes to a faction that you at war with and the fact that they only exist for operations what RP can you do?

Because to explain the RP of the CIS it would simply be your motivation is that you are a droid and you were designed to destroy the republic and you are 100% the enemy at all times to the republic. Then simply faction built up of droids that's only purpose is to shoot the nearest rep solder. The RP that one can do as the CIS  is just not there really unless we want constant commando droids or defector RP other than that ts just engagements.

The only thing is that currently the CIS in their current state are nothing but glorified event jobs that not the leaderships fault its just a fact. When sith was a thing at least they had the benefit of being a full time faction.

3 hours ago, Ianman19 said:

Clones will think twice when and if they want to fight a dark force user.

No they won't have you ever been in a event where a sith attacks base? They are some of the first jumping in to Fight Burn RC shotgun Mando Rifle or NT the Sith

Edited by Scarecrow
  • Agree 1

-1 Not needed, CIS is basically just a shoot em up faction, they don't RP

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Winner 1

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

22 hours ago, Babatunde said:

-1 from my understanding the sith faction was removed for a reason and this would just a back door into that

Sith could've been good it's leadership was just incredibly unfortunate from the begining till it's removal

Edited by BigZach

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

-1 | Overall this is just sith. I want sith back but not this way

Current: Deviant

Former: ITD 21stKU Commander Paladin, TRO | Alpha-66 Captain Muzzle, Wolfpack Commander Warthog/BCMD WolffeParjai SUPO 1stLT Four, Doom's Unit ARFL Commander Cloves, Spec Ops Captain ARFL Paladin, 41stEC HVYL Buzz, TRM, 2x HA

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.