A 1-minute grace period for events

beaverraveparty

Name: TCO CT-5385 MSG Tup | Atlex

RP Rank: MSG

Suggestion: I am suggesting that a 1 minute grace period be added for the clone troopers that are spawning in on other planets. Honestly, I find it a little bit annoying that I have to wait 5 minutes before I can go back into battle on another planet just to get instantly blasted from an event job within 30 seconds. We've already added the NLR to help out EJs, GMs, and GHs which is understandable; I'm not saying NLR is bad or anything, I'm just saying that we should have something like that for troopers and jedi that were deployed too. 

Implementation: EJs would have to wait to kill someone rather than just spawn kill.

Lore: N/A

Current: Obi-Wan Kenobi (x2), Guardian Master (x2)
Ex: Rex, Tup, Kix, and Appo, Bultar Swan

spacer.png

Honestly not a bad suggestion, but if you are getting spawn killed by an EJ during an event, I suggest downing the AAR and explaining your gripe with the GM. It’s more likely to help the Gm understand why players didn’t like the event, instead of pushing a hard to enforce rule.

• Agree 1

The best advice I can give you is to respond on the AAR and make it clear that the event job spawncamping was ruining your overall experience. There are steps individual game masters can take to prevent spawncamping that would prove much more effective than implementing a hard rule in the program. Grace periods are hard to enforce and we already have enough of an issue with spawncamping AOSes being called over the most minute things.

I'd probably just put props down and make it clear that once you cross a certain thresh-hold you are fair game to be killed. -1

Edited by Foxey
12 hours ago, Atlex said:

We've already added the NLR to help out EJs, GMs, and GHs which is understandable; I'm not saying NLR is bad or anything, I'm just saying that we should have something like that for troopers and jedi that were deployed too. 

Wdym nlr has been a thing for a loooooooooooooooong time.

Nlr has more rp implications than just Hey you no come back for event until 5 minutes go by.

This rule would be pointless tbh, and only restrict stuff more, as arguably a more experienced game master can have a battle going on immediately upon spawn.

IMO this is just not needed and the issue lies within the team and can be fixed within the team rather than going and adding a rule.

Edited by Craigary

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.