Downfall Campaign part1

Wheezy

Name: Wheezy

Who helped (If applicable): Conrad,FYI,Crimson,Chips,Gaster,Katano

Event Name: Downfall campaign part1

Link to Event Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Logu4QO4undAmajJkhc4QWCinTa4RBl5iZJ3LIbdEpY/edit

Just to add on to this. This went to a complete cluster fuck of an event Thought I said everything clearly but i guess not Rate as you please probably wont be a part2 more smaller deployments from me but hop it doesnt go as bad as this. Thanks 

KrMCdFv.png

So first off, this map isn't the best for full server deployments, evident by the mass crash that happened. On rishi moon i'd aim for 30~ people, not 60.

Wheezy himself crashed during this, meaning our jobs got kinda fucked during this, instead of interacting as dooku i was forced to spawn things.

So for full server deployments i don't like one life events (x amount of revives is bad). Its too hard to keep track of. Make it unlimited revives. Makes it easier for players/the gm/everyone. Limited live events are much better and much more fun with small groups, giving much higher tension levels.

It seems like the "recon" group didn't have a lot to do that event. They sat there and waited for everything else to happen from what i saw. I tried to give them a bit to due but givin their mission objectives it was kinda hard for them to do anything fun but sit there.

The caves felt like the gave nothing to the story, just a place to take before moving on.

However thank you for letting the clones fail this mission. It kinda wasn't gonna be a success because its not like you can capture dooku and grevious (clone wars would end then), but losing is always nice.

Best part was the taking the base. A good bit of back and forth between myself as dooku and my droids vs the jedi and the clones.

Overall: 6/10

• Agree 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

5.5/10 I feel like this event could've been really good if it wasn't a full server, I suggest only doing about 3-4 battalion wide event. Otherwise I can tell you put a lot of work and time into it.

Notably Known as: Regimental Commander, Battalion Commander Doom, Last Foxtrot Lead Gregor, Boss, Sev, Battalion Commander Wolffe, Boost, Comet, Commander Faie, Charger

Currently: Crosshair & Shaak Ti

spacer.png

7/10 It was a good event, minor hiccups like people crashing and lag, but i had an enjoyable time, egging Grievous on. Also wouldnt hurt to use battalion's specialization for event, like have DU and CG as Security but i understand giving them a more offensive role is refreshing for them xD

Been here for ages, practically done and seen everything.

Once SO BDE got our assignment I was worried we wouldn't have much to do, unfortunately I was proven correct. We spent a lot of time waiting for orders to engage and didn't really get to do much of anything until Attack had already cleared the caves and was moving into the base from the other direction. The Recon Team seemed like an afterthought and not something you fully prepared for.

I agree with what Conrad said about the map itself, I personally spent two minutes at 1fps and then crashed and had to reconnect. After that there were less hiccups though, so it's not that big of a deal.

Having taken a look at your Event Preparation Document I'd definitely suggest going into more detail with the planning, all you really have there is a briefing which serves as a general overview of the event. Be specific! List the specific jobs and NPCs you're going to use, list the health they'll have, list when and where you'll spawn them, have a general idea of what everyone involved in the event should be doing at any given moment- and ensure they actually have something to do.

I hope this feedback helps you out, I'll give the event overall a 4/10. 

5/10

Directions were pretty unclear, both in-character and out of character. First of all, you couldn't decide whether or not you wanted it to be one life and it didn't appear you were managing to enforce it much. Next time, have a plan for what you want the gameplay state of the event to be.

The in-character stuff can be chalked up to nerves, however it seems you were getting completely overwhelmed. While I'm not "adept" in the art of Game Mastery, I will tell you that if you're feeling that you can't take something, feel free to give someone else that role. You're not putting the burden onto others because your helpers were genuinely wanting to see you succeed. When you saw that we were wondering when Command was going to reply to our comms messages, you likely could have kept the momentum going by allowing someone else to be Admiral Waffles.

You threw everything into the event that you could, with two lore characters and multiple missions that catered to everyone... but I feel that you may have took on too much at once. If you keep up these positive qualities then your events will be getting better and better. As for the nerves, I feel it... just know it gets easier over time, alright? We can all be assholes but deep down everyone in this community wants you to succeed.

Keep the ambition that you had for this event and focus the energy on your strengths... and perhaps next time, you could script your briefings! That would help you a ton.

• Agree 1

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

My game crashed so I got offline before I had a chance to write this earlier but here I am now.

So first off a big problem was the briefing. It lasted a bit too long, instructions were unclear, spaced out from each other, and seemed like some of it was improvised. To solve this, I would personally have a script to follow for a briefing with detailed instructions for each battalion, rules like Force Leap, Jetpacks, Med revives, one life, etc. Make it short, but clear. You sounded pretty nervous and I would be too if I was deploying the entire server, but a script would have helped it a lot. Also answering PTS's a lot faster and with clear answers also helps.

I don't honestly think the map was at fault for the lag and crashing. I say that because not too long ago, Noble hosted a full server deployment where Gadget's character Shanty turned out to be a traitor, and then Crusader took his place as Spec Reg. I don't know how he did it with the amount of people deployed , but it went really smooth and was a ton of fun. It has something to do with the amount of NPC's firing their guns and helicopter bombs being dropped and I'm sure a ton of more factors I don't realize or understand.

It's not impossible to create memorable events with famous characters like Dooku and Grevious, but I've definitely found that the best events are the ones that are really unique and makes a player remember it for a long while. Using less popular Star Wars characters is something I recommend. Or creating new characters outright. Again, Noble hosted a pretty similar deployment but admittedly, that one was a lot more unique because we had to capture Shanty and take out several outposts by locking in the coordinates for a bombardment. Here's the AAR to that BTW

Overall, your event was pretty ambitious, but things got overwhelming with the crashing and whatnot so it didn't pan out very well. You're pretty new to GM as a whole (a little over two weeks since you became one) so I was surprised you wanted to do a full server deployment already. Keep that ambition for later when you're more experienced and create smaller deployments for now. Every Game Master has that one event that doesn't pan out as well as they wanted to, but the beauty of making mistakes is that you always learn from it and hone your skills as a GM. Keep at it though! I want to see more events from you!

4/10

Edit: 60 or so people were deployed and only nine other people rated the AAR? One of which was a helper. Seriously?

Edited by Johnson

spacer.png

Former: Rancor PVT | Special Operations SGM | Jedi Astromech | Guardian | B2 Battle Droid

4 hours ago, NobleHeoruwulf said:

@Wheezy how did you spawn the droids? all at once or segmented depending on the areas the people where in?

@NobleHeoruwulf so for that The rules i explained in the breifing werent followed so it kinda went to shit so spawning was everywhere at that point people rushed into things not thinking of the rules but it was a shitty map which I didnt know that it was in the first place as I do remember being on a optimized Rishimoon_crimson and I thought that this was the one. 

@Wheezy if you spawned NPCs over the entirety of rishi moon then there lays your issue. When i did my full server deployment on rishi moon it only worked as well as it did due to segmented spawning and harsh enforcing of the rules. as well as with full servers its best to do 1 life events that way people are more cautious and if they be stupid and dont listen to you you jsut kill them and they leave

Man Of The Past