Grievous and Magna-droids Attack Base

Pog

Name: Pog

Helpers: Hanz, Aces

Summary: The CIS sent in a couple commando droids disguised as 212th engineers to disable the generators in order to get the main gate shield offline. Once the generators were offline the CIS launched an attack on base with General Grievous leading the assault. There were also multiple magna guards and many B1's and commando droids. Once Grievous retreated the CIS deployed their second and third wave of Commandos and B1's. During the chaos 2 commando droids disguised as 501st and 212th troopers made it to the base command center and hit the base alarm. During this confusion commando droids and B1's were able to take full control of the BCC and the disguised commandos used Republic comms to trick the troopers on base into believing that a 501st and 212th trooper were trapped in BCC and surrounded by droids. However, many troopers fell right into this trap and many Republic lives were lost. Eventually the droids in BCC were eliminated and the base was secured.

Link: Optional

KrMCdFv.png

Former:

Jedi Youngling

Loved the multiple moving parts, the time frame of spawns was good, the built up of pressure and worry as the waves of CIS droids did the job.  Spawning on top or near troopers is the only concern I had, besides some of the droids having some serious armor and hit points.   8/10

1 minute ago, Baron said:

6/10 Would go up to 7 but the spawning on top of people was a bit much as well as the good with giving some of the commando droid npc "boss" health. Other than that I really enjoyed it.

The boss health was definitely not intentional and that went extremely wrong. I put one extra 0 on about 10 of the commandos before I realized how much HP they had. I tried to fix this as soon as I could but they were up way longer than they should have been and should never have been a thing and that was not at all intentional. As to the spawning on top of people I tried to limit it but many people would push up very far once I would comms something like "send in the second wave" and I couldn't not spawn them just because of a few people that decided to rush up in my opinion. Thank you for rating it is very helpful.

Just now, Oxen said:

Loved the multiple moving parts, the time frame of spawns was good, the built up of pressure and worry as the waves of CIS droids did the job.  Spawning on top or near troopers is the only concern I had, besides some of the droids having some serious armor and hit points.   8/10

Yep the absurd HP was a complete accident and I put an extra 0 on accident when typing 600. I'll make sure this doesn't happen again during any of my encounters

Former:

Jedi Youngling

3 minutes ago, Canno_n said:

6/10 I liked the idea of the commando droids in the 212th armor, however, everything a little too strong for the majority of people that were on.

Agreed I was trying to do a difficult and lengthy encounter but I think I overdid it a little in some parts and a few of the commandos were accidentally 10x as strong as they were meant to be... Thank you for the review and I will make the necessary adjustments during my next encounter

5 minutes ago, BlackPink said:

7/10, Was a good encounter, and just when I logged on, so it was prefectly place for me. Would play again, but maybe not with droid spawning where we already clear the zone.

I see a lot of people talking about droid spawning being off on this encounter and I apologize for that. I was trying to do this with only one other admin who was playing as Grievous and it made it very difficult to keep the spawning up with the amount of flame throwers, jedi, etc. I will make sure to get an extra helper next time I do a wide spread encounter like this. Thank you for the rating.

Former:

Jedi Youngling

9/10. Props for the very late night encounter when not many people are on to give us something to do.

A couple critiques - The spawning could still use a bit of work. With only ~40 players on I felt the level of droids and bosses was too much. For constructive criticism, I will suggest that the number of players be taken into account when determining the difficulty of an event. Not to beat the dead horse here, but additionally, there were some instances where droids were being spawned too close to players, but some of that is unavoidable in "shoot em up" events, so we can't fault you too much for it.

My final comment does not have to do with you or your event, but a couple times during your event a senior admin commented in OOC chat on flaws that he found in the event. For example, while the fighting was going on this staff member in chat was trying to tell the game masters / event jobs that Grievous couldn't use force power in OOC chat. I don't know why he/she couldn't just use their staff powers to join the game master channel in TS and politely inform them. Staff members arguing in OOC makes the staff team look disjoint and shows poor communication. That's just my opinion!

Thanks for the great event!

56 minutes ago, Summit said:

9/10. Props for the very late night encounter when not many people are on to give us something to do.

A couple critiques - The spawning could still use a bit of work. With only ~40 players on I felt the level of droids and bosses was too much. For constructive criticism, I will suggest that the number of players be taken into account when determining the difficulty of an event. Not to beat the dead horse here, but additionally, there were some instances where droids were being spawned too close to players, but some of that is unavoidable in "shoot em up" events, so we can't fault you too much for it.

My final comment does not have to do with you or your event, but a couple times during your event a senior admin commented in OOC chat on flaws that he found in the event. For example, while the fighting was going on this staff member in chat was trying to tell the game masters / event jobs that Grievous couldn't use force power in OOC chat. I don't know why he/she couldn't just use their staff powers to join the game master channel in TS and politely inform them. Staff members arguing in OOC makes the staff team look disjoint and shows poor communication. That's just my opinion!

Thanks for the great event!

Thank you for the rating and I agree the spawning could have been a lot better if I had another person working with me to spawn them but I was rushing to spawn 3 different types of droids in 3 different areas all at once which led to some droids being spawned too close and a few of them getting wayy too much health because in the rush of switching back and forth between B1's and Commando's when spawning I typed 6000 instead of 600 for a few of the commandos health and then switched back to spawning B1's and didn't realize this issue until a few minutes later when it was too late to despawn them by undoing and therefor I had to try to despawn them with the remover tool but I clearly missed a few. On Grievous using force powers the person I had using Grievous claims that he never used them and he's not sure what the complaints were about on that. Next time I will be sure to get another admin to help with spawning and again thank you for the review

Former:

Jedi Youngling