TR TS Permissions

Kortnul

Name: Kortnul | Boomer

Suggestion: I very, very strongly suggest we give TR's the power in TS to make CC's Members, I personally find it very frustrating that I have to call an admin+ every time I finish training a TR to give them the role in TS. I honestly find it a bit unusual why TR's don't already have the power to give them the Member role, please change this, it would make TR lives 10x easier.

Where would this be implemented?: I don't really understand what this means, but just give TR's the permission to make CC's members.

How would this benefit the Teamspeak/Community?: This would give the TR's an easier time when training CC's since they won't have to ask an admin, considering Admins sometimes aren't available. Along with the fact that admins won't be bothered, regardless if it's a small matter, with being asked to do this task. 

Have you asked for feedback from others about this suggestion?: Wren, Salxas, Lucky, Codified, Jerome, Matt. All of these people I explained to them my suggestion and asked if they agreed in which they all did, and none of them disagreed, I will also add all of these people are TR's and agreed with my claim.

Briefly explain why this should be implemented?: This only makes sense since TR's can already give members Battalion tags, for example Attack Battalion, Mechanized Battalion, Recon Battalion, and even SOBDE Battalion, but they cannot make them members. I don't think it makes sense that they can do that but cannot make them members since it is the TR's entire job to train and make CC's members for Synergy Roleplay, I heavily support this idea and many others, so I hope you can agree with me as well and make this idea come true. 

Current: Dumbass

Former: 501st ARFL LTC Boomer, 104th WP HVYL COL Sinker, Doom's Unit MEDL 1stLT Kortnul, 212th Ghost Company ARCL CPT Reed, Omega 15 CPT Fi, Omega 22 SGM Atin , Omega 09 CPT Niner , Veteran Admin x2

I also got info that only HA's can remove the tag and that some people get yelled at that they "Shouldn't have that tag." Which then begs the question, why can only admins give the member tag, it is literary the TR's job to make CC's members. You might retort by saying "Well all New Admin's+ have to become a trainer." But there are some people who don't want to become an admin, and yet they still lack the power to give the role, which makes no sense. In conclusion I say either give TR's, admin or not, the power to give the member tag in TS, or get rid of it entirely since it would be useless. 

Edited by lLamamano777

Former: 501st ARFL LTC Boomer, 104th WP HVYL COL Sinker, Doom's Unit MEDL 1stLT Kortnul, 212th Ghost Company ARCL CPT Reed, Omega 15 CPT Fi, Omega 22 SGM Atin , Omega 09 CPT Niner , Veteran Admin x2

Make sure you use the proper suggestion format listed otherwise Ron will bean you. @ILamamo

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

29 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Make sure you use the proper suggestion format listed otherwise Ron will bean you. @ILamamo

He can bean him if he’s mia!

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

9 hours ago, Dennis said:

Isn't this the proper Format?

+1

Current:   

Former:  Veteran Administrator 212th CPT Alpha-66 | Wilhuff Tarkin | Nils Tenant | Dao   Naval Chief of Engineering | 501st XO | 501st TCC 501st Echo | 501st Hardcase 501st Heavy Lead

Teamspeak permissions are so fragile to mess with, raising a number too high can make it so you can assign a lot more groups than what you are meant too and vice versa. It's an easy thing to do  but i dont know how ron has the perms set up as far as numbers go. +1 tho, TR should be able to do this.

• Agree 1

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, [SR] Maverick said:

Teamspeak permissions are so fragile to mess with, raising a number too high can make it so you can assign a lot more groups than what you are meant too and vice versa. It's an easy thing to do  but i dont know how ron has the perms set up as far as numbers go. +1 tho, TR should be able to do this.

Numbers have pretty huge gaps from what I can tell. Don't think it's be a huge hassle 

+1

• Informative 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

The member server group is meant for people who aren't a part of CW, such as people that were from ARK, Rust, or TTT. It's not meant to be used as a CT tag.

When users first join the TS they are assigned guest automatically which allows them to join the channels they would need to join (Battalion training rooms, Public Lounges, Etc)

Once joining a battalion, they can then be given a regiment tag that is able to be assigned by NCOs or really any other server group that gives the user the ability to freely move around the teamspeak.

If for whatever reason someone needs the member tag then it can be assigned by staff, but isn't meant to be given out other than that.

Also, if I remember correctly, the reason that only HAs are able to remove the tag is so if we saw a random person who shouldn't have it then we can find out who gave it to them and punish them for giving out a tag that they shouldn't have been assigning to people in the first place. (Someone got banned by Ron for giving the tag to someone they shouldn't of)

TLDR: CTs don't get the member tag, only people who don't play CW get the tag, TRs shouldn't be able to assign it, and don't assign tags that you don't know the purpose for.

• Retired Founder

I updated the member group permission to mirror the basic battalion tags.

Just remember the member tag is meant as a placeholder until someone joins a battalion; so please remove it properly for anyone who has other tags.

If it gets randomly abused I'll revert the change; also I wiped the group to clean it up.

Thanks

• Winner 1

z5dGuiK.gif