Robb's Admiral Yularen Application

Robb

Steam Name: Robby
RP Name: Vice Admiral Jan Dodonna
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:99236673
Battalion or squad you are applying for: Naval / Admiral

Experience:

5th Fleet - Private to First Sergeant (IFN 2017)
This was the first battalion I had ever joined on a Clone Wars server and it is what ignited my passion for Star Wars RP. If I didn't join 5th Fleet I probably wouldn't have stayed as long as I have.

Naval - Crewman Apprentice to Commodore (IFN 2017)
Within a few months of joining Naval I made it to the rank of Commodore from Crewman Apprentice and stayed in Naval for a total of 6 months. I was around the age of 12 when I made it to Commodore and it remains one of my most prized achievements on a Clone Wars server. During my time as Naval I had many different responsibilities but the one that stuck with me throughout my time as an officer was managing our main document, I was in-charge of keeping the roster and all other naval docs up-to-date and nicely formatted. Some other roles that I held throughout my time in the Navy were Quartermaster Lead where I and a few other Naval members kept an up-to-date list of all supplies on the ship as well as performed battalion inspections. I was a Medical Officer where I helped to ensure the quality of medical roleplay and provided ideas to be implemented into the medical handbook. I was one of the senior Naval officers in charge of making sure tryouts were hosted correctly and contributed to writing new tryouts for the Navy to use. 

Shock Troopers - 2ndLT to  Captain (IFN 2017)
After being in Naval for a while I needed a change of pace and the Shock Trooper battalion seemed like the place where I belonged at the time. When I joined I got a rank transfer and joined as a 2nd Lieutenant, a few weeks later I was promoted to Captain and was one of the leading officers of the Coruscant Guard sub-division. Throughout my time I made tryouts for CG and ensured that everyone in CG was carrying out the responsibilities given to us. 

Naval - Crewman Apprentice to Lieutenant (Synergy 2018)
When I first joined I was close-minded and didn't like that things were different than what they were like on Icefuse. After being in Naval for a little while and meeting some amazing people, that helped to open my eyes and see that things don't have to be exactly what they were back in 2017. Throughout my time in Naval here I joined the intel team so that I could focus on up-keeping documents because that was the one thing I knew I was good at, towards the end of my time in Naval I was promoted to Intel Director. Towards the end of my NCO days I was promoted to Quartermaster Officer where I hosted Quartermaster Trainings and gave my input on changes to the program.

Base Ops/Naval - CSM to Vice Admiral (Current)
I joined at the very end of Boutineer's term on a reserves rank of CSM. During the first two months I was in Base Ops I primarily did comms rp during events where I tried to keep all battalions in touch with each other and made sure that everyone had the most up to date information on all situations. During the second month I was in Naval the Intel Team was opened up to applicants and I was primarily the only person to do intel work and was swiftly promoted to Intel Officer, when Foxey became Admiral I was promoted to Intel Director where I got a team of active personnel who all shared the work instead of one individual doing all of it. I spent roughly a month in each rank and have now made it to Vice Admiral. Throughout my time in Naval I have written our Handbook, Revised the Intel Handbook and have set up weekly meetings for our officers and the battalion. The responsibilities I have as Support Vice Admiral include overseeing the Medical and Intelligence branches of the Navy and ensuring that both branches are running smoothly. I have grown and learned a lot  from being in this position and serving under two amazing Admirals, Bro and Foxey.

Why should you become Battalion Commander?:

I should become Admiral because I have the drive and the motivation needed to help the Navy excel. During both Bro & Foxey's terms as Admiral I would constantly approach the Naval High Command with ideas on how to further improve the Navy and that has not stopped even with me reaching the rank of Vice Admiral. There is nothing I would not do for the betterment of the Navy. I care so much for the people in the Navy and the battalion itself that I couldn't stand if the Navy went under because this is the only battalion I have ever really been a part of in the server. When I achieved the rank of Rear Admiral my care towards the Navy only grew and I made it a personal goal of mine to also grow as a person so that I would one day be able to apply for this position. I still have work I need to do but it is not something that would keep me from applying towards this position of Admiral.    

Do you understand  the purpose of Naval on the server?: Yes

Availability:
I am always available to be contacted via Discord. My in-game availability is as follows:
5:30 - 11 PM EST on Weekdays
3:00 PM EST to 12 AM EST on Weekends

Give a brief overview of your achievements on the server:
Trainer Officer (Twice)
Quartermaster Officer within Naval (Twice)
Intelligence Director within Naval (Twice)
Vice Admiral of the Navy

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Where do you want the Naval to be at the end of your term?: At the end of my term I hope for there to be at least 2 Fleet Members on the server all the time,  for there to be trainings more consistently than there are now and for Naval to have a good reputation with other players in the community.

How do you plan to change the Naval under your command?:
I plan on implementing a tryout system that tests a person's ability to roleplay as well as their server knowledge to ensure we have a good quality of personnel within our ranks. I will be taking a more active approach to leadership by being in-game and leading roleplay first hand instead of just preaching for it to happen. People within the Navy will be heavily encouraged to create roleplay at all times to bring some life into the server during the times where there are no events. How we currently go about promotions will also change and be based more off of roleplay and hard work in-game, the system will be based off of our current certs system with a fair bit of modifications to how it works.

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes

Do you understand that your position has a two month term limit and you must reapply after two months to maintain your Admiral rank?: Yes

Edited by Robby
Formatting.
Banned

+1 Great dude! Good luck man

• Friendly 1

-1, you're dedicated but are you capable at holding such a position I'm sceptical.
Firstly, your activity is questionable. This is especially apparent with your lack of in game presence (from my personnel experience).
You have said you want to make all these changes but you've been in a high position for a long while and yet seem to not have made strides towards any of these goals. You're quite set in stone on a lot of things and seem unwilling to change .
Naval has been heading in a bad direction since bountineer and I do not trust that you understand this and are willing to make the changes necessary. 
The recent changes set a bad precedent for what you might do (i.e. new ranks which seem to change every week and are now in a very very limited state.)
Right now there is no reason to join naval, it's not fun, it's not rewarding and you have really done nothing to improve this. Roleplay doesn't matter it's just about getting points and getting promos. Naval has lost it's role and you don't seem to want to change that.
You've also focused on experience which isn't really what we need, we need ideas and plans.

You clearly love and care for naval, that's apparent but you aren't built to be Yularen. I think the best thing for naval is to allow a strong and willing leader to take the helm.
Sorry. Best of luck, Comics.

Edited by Comics
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 2

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

11 minutes ago, Comics said:

-1, you're dedicated but are you capable at holding such a position I'm sceptical.
Firstly, your activity is questionable. This is especially apparent with your lack of in game presence (from my personnel experience).
You have said you want to make all these changes but you've been in a high position for a long while and yet seem to not have made strides towards any of these goals. You're quite set in stone on a lot of things and seem unwilling to change .
Naval has been heading in a bad direction since bountineer and I do not trust that you understand this and are willing to make the changes necessary. 
The recent changes set a bad precedent for what you might do (i.e. new ranks which seem to change every week and are now in a very very limited state.)
Right now there is no reason to join naval, it's not fun, it's not rewarding and you have really done nothing to improve this. Roleplay doesn't matter it's just about getting points and getting promos. Naval has lost it's role and you don't seem to want to change that.
You've also focused on experience which isn't really what we need, we need ideas and plans.

You clearly love and care for naval, that's apparent but you aren't built to be Yularen. I think the best thing for naval is to allow a strong and willing leader to take the helm.

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

5 minutes ago, Craigary said:

17 minutes ago, Comics said:

Edited by Bleach

I was the Best Canadian on the Server 

The Smoke Will Never Clear...

Christopher Walking GIF by Pop Smoke - Find & Share on GIPHY

BTW I would just like to point out there was a naval tryout that implemented role play and server knowledge before but it got scrapped for some dumb found reason of simply going back to asking the questions e.g what do you do when someone is taken hostage. AS APPOSED TO someone going on the cad bane or BH job and holding an admiral hostage and the trainee has to actively negotiate with them in game. I know it wasn’t you who did that but I want to just have a little rant. I’m utterly dumb founded as to why it was got rid of.

• Agree 2

I am going to try to address some of the concerns in this comment.

1 hour ago, Comics said:

You have said you want to make all these changes but you've been in a high position for a long while and yet seem to not have made strides towards any of these goals.

I have been working towards my goals with navy for quite some time. While I was a Rear Admiral there were things that the current Admiral would've liked to be done first so I shifted my priorities to accommodate.

1 hour ago, Comics said:

The state of Naval was made clear to me as soon as I rejoined Navy. I have ever since been working to help it get back on its feet. 

1 hour ago, Comics said:

Roleplay doesn't matter it's just about getting points and getting promos. Naval has lost it's role and you don't seem to want to change that.

Myself and a few other officers have seen that our current system of Certs is not working as well as it did in the past and we are actively attempting to come up with new ways of achieving promotions. If you have any suggestions please DM me on Discord or talk to me in TS.

@Comics

• Informative 1
  • Friendly 1

-1 other applicant is better

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

• Management
Management

I believe the other candidate is more suited for the position.

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

Robby, I have nothing against you as a friend but, in terms of your ability to be Admiral and bring Naval back to what it was will require someone that is active and that has the ability to lead others in difficult times. From what I've been told, Flight Operations is still a mess as something was supposed to be released 4 weeks ago or something like that idk. There might be more internal issues that I or others may not know of. 

In addition, I have pulled your hours:

Steam:
6ca80003de9229c44d39484c45fa56d7.png

Battlemetrics: 
fbe60ca34e65c5d65e25c53d550b8d20.png

Currently I feel that Naval needs someone that is committed and willing to put in the effort, time and most of all, commitment to bring Naval back to how it was.

Forum Admin

-1, reasons stated above 

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

• Retired Founder

Unfortunately your application has been DENIED.

This is due to the lack of community support.

You may apply for another commander positions after 05/24/2020.

// Moved to Commander Applications - Denied