Ever seen an honest dealership?

Graduated University, got a corporate job, and it'sa my birthday this week and I went into look at buying a new car (My 2001 Ford Ranger is getting pretty scary on the mechnical front) and man the flat out lies dealership sales people will tell you to try to get you to sing papers is insane.

I caught this guy in 4 different lies and I just walked out I was so annoyed with the whole experience.

So my question to those of you that have bought cars is: "Have you ever dealt with a honest dealership or private car seller?"

• Funny 1

Never buy a brand new car unless you want to throw thousands out the window just to say "It's brand new". One of the worst financial decisions you can ever make.

A good place to look is people who work at Dealerships but also deal from home, they sell cars for lower cost because they get more of the purchase cost and less having to do with dealership fees. Dealerships were created as middleman to squeeze more money out by claiming they're doing all the work for you while all you have to do is "sign here."

28 minutes ago, Zyner said:

Never buy a brand new car unless you want to throw thousands out the window just to say "It's brand new". One of the worst financial decisions you can ever make.

A good place to look is people who work at Dealerships but also deal from home, they sell cars for lower cost because they get more of the purchase cost and less having to do with dealership fees. Dealerships were created as middleman to squeeze more money out by claiming they're doing all the work for you while all you have to do is "sign here."

There is some actual good deals out there from dealerships but they make you work too hard for it I was looking at a brand new car that hadn't even been off the lot (It was a 2018 so a year old that was never sold) for 25k CAD (Usually a 35k car) but then they jerk you around with the finacning and shit, and I am sick of used cars that previous owners have abused to hell and back - Atleast in Canada the prices are usually not too much different, I was originally looking at a 2014 from a private seller but the difference in kilometers and normal damage cars accumlate, when still being 20k really didn't seem as worth it.

25 minutes ago, IKE said:

No I’m 14 (Just answering) but a question I have is what car were you looking to buy cause I’m interested

Oh im not buying practical lol

But I was looking to get a 2018 Ford Mustang ecoboost, I have only really ever needed two seats and the occasional 3rd.

image.thumb.png.96df2dd3f0b71cb73126cf1367dfd790.png

This is the one I am going to look at this week.

Buy from a private seller, dealerships are always fucked

• Agree 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Shit, time to flex my age. 

So private sellers are okay for your 1st or 2nd car but once you've hit adulthood, go dealerships.

If you do it properly you will build(I presume) your small credit to something bigger.

Okay, time for dad to find some milk.

• Agree 2

WAS MEDIC

I got my first car at auction, it had no keys and I got it for 2k it ended up having nothing wrong mechanically and it lasted 2 years before it started leaking oil damn chevy’s

then I got a 2015 Nissan Altima for 10 grand off some old dude who couldn’t drive anymore on Craigslist it had 30k miles on it would’ve lasted me a long ass time if I didn’t total it. 

Ive never bought from a dealership and never will

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

3 hours ago, Carter said:

Graduated University, got a corporate job, and it'sa my birthday this week and I went into look at buying a new car (My 2001 Ford Ranger is getting pretty scary on the mechnical front) and man the flat out lies dealership sales people will tell you to try to get you to sing papers is insane.

I caught this guy in 4 different lies and I just walked out I was so annoyed with the whole experience.

So my question to those of you that have bought cars is: "Have you ever dealt with a honest dealership or private car seller?"

I have. Tbh it’s very hard to find Honest dealers because the one thing they want most is to just get your money, but, I went to a ford dealer to get my car and he always talks and tries to get the right price. My parents used him for there cars, and He is just a very cool guy.

The one way to spot the Dunces and the smart people are by the way they approach you. If one wants to be funny and have fun then your know he would be honest, and the ones that approach seriously are mostly there to just get your cash. 

Thats just my experience. Not every good dealer could be funny

And Chambers I would just go to a different dealer. We had to go through 2 before finding the guy, so just pick the right one.

And Congrats on Graduating

• Friendly 1

Former: Liaison

Just now, Fizzik said:

I doubt he can afford a Tesla.

If you save up it will pay off because you save more money from buying a tesla than some nasty gasoline car and you'll get that money back from using it. 

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Papa Piff said:

If you save up it will pay off because you save more money from buying a tesla than some nasty gasoline car and you'll get that money back from using it. 

It's a poor idea on many levels for him. For one, it's not the most reliable of vehicles and the maintenance is going to be quite costly. Two, it's not the most practical. It's poor for driving long distances (depends on the mileage cap of the Tesla model) and honestly isn't the best car to own if it's by itself. Teslas should be treated as sports cars and his ranger which is his practical car is near about dead. 

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

5 hours ago, Papa Piff said:

3 hours ago, Fizzik said:

It's a poor idea on many levels for him. For one, it's not the most reliable of vehicles and the maintenance is going to be quite costly. Two, it's not the most practical. It's poor for driving long distances (depends on the mileage cap of the Tesla model) and honestly isn't the best car to own if it's by itself. Teslas should be treated as sports cars and his ranger which is his practical car is near about dead. 

I also live in Canada and winters with electrics is a no bueno, need gas or hyprid but hybrids that don't look like shit are expensive.