Make Battalion signs - Explaining what we do!!

BlackiSblack

Name: RANCOR ARC Commander COLT/Black

Suggestion: Make a area either on first floor or possibly CT Bunks where there would be a small textscreen describing what each battalion does - Or possibly have it next to our doors so troopers that past by can read the sign to get information about a Legion/Squad and battalion. Nothing really big and wont change the server that much it just relaxes on NCOs to make big adverts as well as can reduce the spam of it.

Implementation: VA+ Add a text screen either in CT Bunks or on the Bunk hallway next to each battalion bunk describing what they do and their specialization - than perma proping it
Example
Enlist into RANCOR - Become an ARC Trooper!

Fight alongside Commanders Colt, Havoc, Valiant, Shaak Ti, and Blitz shoulder to shoulder!!

Become one of the best and trained troopers on the base!

Come become a Advanced Recon Commando and fight for the Republic.

RANK TRANSFER INFORMATION - CONTACT NCO+

Lore: i mean theres no lore of this nor that I think there is

Workshop content if applicable:
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

just the text screen addon

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Nope
(Any job modification requires all this information)

Job:

Slots: 

Pay:

Description:

Model:
(Provide the model string if on server Ex. models/player/synergy/cblake/ls_squad/ls_trp/lstrp.mdl (Get this from the Q menu))

Weapons:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             (If you want a modfication to a weapon/saber you must put the weapon string in the suggestion. Ex. tfa_e5 (Get this from the Q menu)) 

Other:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 minutes ago, Jorrdan said:

Might Lag the server cause that probably is more then 1 text screen. IDK i think its a good idea +1

Each textscreen can have 5 lines of text, so it would work.

Eh I'll be neutral on this. I think the last thing we need is more perma props added on the server, especially since we have that new Charlie Outpost now.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't we used to have something like this? I distinctly remember on one of the venators, each battalion had a small description next to them along with their battlestation. Like for instance:

104th - Tank drivers, hostage rescue - MHB

41st - Translations, AT-RTs, First Floor

Galactic Marines - Spacewalkers, Ship boarding, EVA - MHB

Null/RC - Specalial Operations, interrogations - Roaming.

It was in a format like that.

2 minutes ago, GM-3022 Havok said:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't we used to have something like this? I distinctly remember on one of the venators, each battalion had a small description next to them along with their battlestation. Like for instance:

idk i think it would be cooler next to our bunk door so CTs can look around and read 

2 minutes ago, Blueberry Juice said:

Instead of making signs, include it in TR training. That way CT's have an idea of what each Battalion offers

I think it's a good idea but make it optional, because if you want to fish someone just give them a tour of the base and tell them what everything is and does 

15 hours ago, GM-3022 Havok said:

We have this on the Venator.

Neutral, I think a brief explanation should be done by the trainer, but if the CT wants to learn more about a specific battalion they should just be able to ask.  I'm sure some people have just turned down CT's when they're just trying to learn more about their battalion and become a possible recruit.  

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

-1 I don't think another cluster of text screens is necessary because of all the crashing and lag that goes on in the base. Also, battalions listing off their specializations is sadly kind of useless because they rarely get used. It should at least be shown in CC training that there is a list that can be checked out at any time or if the CC wants to see it during training. Also, they should be encouraged to go and talk to the battalions and physically ask what they do. It keeps people engaged, especially with the CTs and a potential battalion but also helps give a reason for NCOs to better understand the lore and role of their battalion in the server, instead of just reading off a wall like a bunch of literate scrubs.

Edited by Egg
Adding some words
36 minutes ago, Egg said:

-1 I don't think another cluster of text screens is necessary because of all the crashing and lag that goes on in the base. Also, battalions listing off their specializations is sadly kind of useless because they rarely get used. It should at least be shown in CC training that there is a list that can be checked out at any time or if the CC wants to see it during training. Also, they should be encouraged to go and talk to the battalions and physically ask what they do. It keeps people engaged, especially with the CTs and a potential battalion but also helps give a reason for NCOs to better understand the lore and role of their battalion in the server, instead of just reading off a wall like a bunch of literate scrubs.

basically what he said -1, this isn't necessary