Husky Base Ops Commander Application

Husky

Steam Name: z3nocide

RP Name: DU ARC 1SG Husky

Steam ID (STEAM_0:1:36960061😞

Experience:

Though I have no actual command experience in GMOD, I spent the past three years of my life in the USAF, during my service I served as a supervisor, and ran my local Airman's Council, so I do have experience with leadership. To go along with that, I separated from my contract in the AF early, thanks to a special program where I am currently in training to commission as a 2nd Lieutenant. The leadership skills that I have developed may prove to be invaluable in the success of the future unit.

Why should you become  Base Commander?:

The complexity of commanding a base and the operations on it were key during my time in the military, where I served as a Command and Control Operator (1C3X1). My duties included notifying the installation, and its commander of any events, dispatching the proper authorities to said events and handling the emergency response in the event of any outside threat, whether it be natural, or human created. I believe that these qualities have obvious synergies with the role of Base Commander. In actuality, if I was selected as base commander, I would simply perform in the same way that I did during my time in active duty, and attempt to run the base in the same smooth and constructed way.

Do you understand  the purpose of BO on the server?:

As discussed earlier the role of the Base Operator is similar to that as a C2 Operator in real life. Though they have the added responsibilities of controlling the Entry Control of the installation, namely "opening and closing the gates", and handling ATC. Their role is to maintain the overall maintenance, security, and order of the installation, and dispatch proper authorities under their command.

Availability: Though I have a fluctuating schedule that deals with College and ROTC workload, I am available every day, and can be called upon to handle any issues outside of the server regardless if I'm in class or not.

Give a brief overview of your achievements on the server:

I have not climbed the ranks necessarily, nor have I jumped to the role of Commander, or anything of that sort, but I believe the impression I've left on my unit, and when I roleplay, on the people around me. I pride myself on creating "soft encounters", as recently I've even spent time playing as a Sith Hopeful child, to help clones in making their time guarding empty outposts that much more bearable. I also pride myself on sharing my military experience with my unit (DU). Though I took a long break while I was getting out of the military, I assure you that my presence before in the old Dooms Unit, and with it now, has been for its benefit.

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

Where do you want the Base Ops to be at the end of your term?:

My overall goal for the unit is to establish the bedrock on which Base Ops can sit firmly upon. Regardless of its previous status, and its history, the unit has new potential. Ideally, at the end of my term I'd like to have a strong core of dedicated and active roleplayers, who understand the complexity behind Command And Control, and utilize the skills that they themselves, and the skills taught to them to create an interesting environment for the installation as a whole. Whether it be fun radio chatter with pilots, creating encounters for the installation during the down times, or setting up bases on our outward deployed locations, I want the Base Ops to be the first thought in any units mind.

How do you plan to change the Base Ops under your command?:

One of the major goals that I plan on changing is the entertainment value of the Base Operations. Involving the individuals in BO with the rest of the units will not only increase morale with members of the BO, but also members of the installation itself. I plan to wipe clean the history of the BO and change it to a respected unit, one that is integral in the overall status of the base, and that its members are integral in the continued success of the overall mission of the Republic. I believe that with my experience, and a player base of talented roleplayers, we can raise the BO to a height it has not since experienced

Do you understand that if you go inactive that you will be removed from your position?: Yes

Do you understand that your position has a two-month term limit and you must reapply after two months to maintain your Base Commander rank?: Yes

Edited by ph00n

-1 I'm still unsure who you are. Yeah you may have "experenice" and I understand we want new blood into BO, but I'm not convinced you are ready to fill in the boots

Current: Destiny 2 Sherpa Human Hunter Awoken Warlock Exo Titan 
Former: Blackout, Jet, COE x2

Before leaving feedback I suggest speaking to any potential candidates, the BO revival is going to be complex and explaining it all in an application usually falls quite short.

I know both current applicants and I can say speaking to them makes a world of difference then going off a piece of literature 

• Agree 1
Forum Admin

Erm,  hmmmmm, don't wanna be rude but I have no idea who you are,  and neutral

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

+1

Although it was wiped, I think BO needs somebody who can actually establish a foundation from the ground up. And who better to do it than somebody that has real life experience as well as being a fresh face.

327th Papa

spacer.png

Attack Regimental x1

Bly x2

+1 husky knows what he is doing.

Edited by Kronos Jones
spelled wrong

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

+1, Base Ops needs a good strong commander to actually set it straight. I really like the IRL experience. I see you succeeding.

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

+1 Husky has great leadership abilities and real-life experience. While others may point out they have never seen or met Husky this man can bring BO in the right direction. 

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

+1. Has RL experience doing pretty much the same exact stuff. Also just reading the application itself you can tell he is quite competent. Also just because you personally don't know a individual is not a reason to -1 something. At least put in the effort to speak to him instead of just saying you don't know him.

Current Architect of Shadows Master Cal Vossen | Former Boss, Former Fixer, Former Sev

Former Jaing, Former Prudii

Former Bardan Jusik/Skirata

Former SOBDE Regimental Commander 

10 minutes ago, Bruiser said:

@COC4INE Not to Be rude but Who do you think would be better?

Oh no, I haven't taken it as rude brother. I already +1 the person who I would like to be base ops commander. I do not want to state the persons name in this comment due to it being unfair for this individual.  ❤️