Possibly Event Map, Or even main server?

Scribbles

Name: Scribbles

Suggestion: Adding this as a new temporary main map? Or Even event server map? 

Implementation: add it as a map option or as main server.

Lore: Venator, enough said. Lol

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1523843185&searchtext=
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Now hear me out on this, i understand people want base maps of all sorts but the majority are unfortunately optimized ,  but i know some want a new venator, so this map recently just came out, and this is just an idea, this will probably get big fat -1s but those who are open to testing this map and exploring it theres the workshop link.  I will be testing this out personally for myself. But try to think in the long run for events, passive RP, vehicles. etc etc.  I want your honest thoughts on this. So before -1'ng saying "ew a venator" just give a shot. 😆

Edited by Scribbles
  • Agree 3
Banned

+1 YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Will go into it later tonight but that list of things that can be done and just how much work was put into it through the years as stated in the description, +1 for both. Can be an Event Server map to go on a different Venator or a Main Server map to get away from how big and open Extensive is. What I really liked about the previous Venator maps is that it wasn't huge like Extensive nor small, everything was compact but the flow of things would get people together unlike Extensive.

Definitely a +1. It's so smooth and really greatly optimized. I would love if this could be our new Main Server map!

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

5 minutes ago, Nade Jones said:

I'm having flashbacks... this ship, it seems familiar...

I see elements of several servers venators blended into it. It looks sweet tbh

and it even has a sim room that can copy Desert. Tundra. City and woodlands. thats amazing imo.

Edited by Baelfire

Former Boss, Former Fixer, Former Sev

Former Jaing, Former Prudii

Former Bardan Jusik/Skirata

Former SOBDE Regimental Commander 

Banned
14 minutes ago, Jax said:

+1 only issue with it is that through my first flythrough of it, its layout is extremely complicated and unfriendly to new players, way more than extensive. It is a very cool map however with lots of interactive bits

it takes around 10 minutes of walking around to get the layout, it's the same as the old one with a few different rooms

So i played on it for since well the post came out x.x I like this map. It is extremely confusing if you are trying to figure out how the map systems work. I.E silent alarms. Blastdoor lockdowns. How the engines and reactors overheat and stuff. BUT once i figured the shit out it is amazing. Also I spawned in a few ships to fuck around and the skybox around the ship is still plenty big enough to have air battles. Though the ship has no engines on the outside lmao.

Former Boss, Former Fixer, Former Sev

Former Jaing, Former Prudii

Former Bardan Jusik/Skirata

Former SOBDE Regimental Commander 

-1 ok so after looking through the map I found may problems. Few are like its way to complicated, there are WAY too many buttons that may fuck up things, There are so many open areas that may disturb training such as the giant hole in hangers to MHB, there are many long and I mean long tunnels that may be unnecessary and many more. This map is like paradise for a minge.
a175na.jpg14lpjc3.jpg
161x5j8.jpg30bhj06.jpg

Just now, [SR] Kon [NA] said:

-1 ok so after looking through the map I found may problems. Few are like its way to complicated, there are WAY too many buttons that may fuck up things, There are so many open areas that may disturb training such as the giant hole in hangers to MHB, there are many long and I mean long tunnels that may be unnecessary and many more. This map is like paradise for a minge.
a175na.jpg14lpjc3.jpg
161x5j8.jpg30bhj06.jpg

We can perma block off areas that have no need and also do some tweaks to other things 

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Hero said:

We can perma block off areas that have no need and also do some tweaks to other things 

That doesnt justify the fact that its so god damn complicated to walk around like there is so many things that is unnecessary for the map 

Neutral on this.
I don't know why people are wanting a map so bad right now due to us getting one eventually anyway. This map looks nice, has some decent ideas. It may be more optimized so there is that. I want to say that we add it to the event server as a test, have a large scale event to see how it runs. After the event if its something we want to have added to the main server get it there if not then there's no need. Some people don't check the forums and that's a okay way to get this through if you absolutely want it to be there.

• Friendly 1

+1 YES ITS PERFECT!!!

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

7 hours ago, [SR] Kon [NA] said:

a175na.jpg14lpjc3.jpg
161x5j8.jpg30bhj06.jpg

Firstly admins can easily textbox buttons so we see what it means.

Our current venator was also so hard to navigate but people got used to it. Why cant they now?

+1 To this map because extensives features are great but a select few are able to use/see them. For example the hyperspace function only naval can see it because we are in control of it. And turbolazer batteries. Otherwise besides those we may as well be playing on the normal venator. I love everything in this new map.

Before we decide on “let’s just do this map” we should try the map Pythin has looked at, he went out of his way to talk to the guy and have him optimize it so let’s try that map first then if it fails, we can do another. 

• 1 month later...