@Owners - Is this server serious RP or Semi Serious?

Just now, BlackiSblack said:

me to so many views but no replies 

Oh they saw it alright, this is an important thing to addresss im sure they will reply soon

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

20 minutes ago, Nade Jones said:

Oh they saw it alright, this is an important thing to addresss im sure they will reply soon

Soon™

Soon: Copyright 2017-2018 Synergy Roleplay. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Synergy Roleplay and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Synergy does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Synergy will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

Another common term implemented by Synergy often misleading players into excitement for future content. "Very Soon" is guaranteed to arrive between now and the end of time with a higher chance of arriving on the "now" half of the time table. Although this means closer to now than "soon" there is no guarantee that you will live long enough to see the content finally release.

Now ←-------------- Very Soon -------- Soon -------- Soon-ish --------→ End of Time

• Funny 8
  • Winner 2
3 minutes ago, Zyner said:

Soon™

Soon: Copyright 2017-2018 Synergy Roleplay. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Synergy Roleplay and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Synergy does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Synergy will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

Another common term implemented by Synergy often misleading players into excitement for future content. "Very Soon" is guaranteed to arrive between now and the end of time with a higher chance of arriving on the "now" half of the time table. Although this means closer to now than "soon" there is no guarantee that you will live long enough to see the content finally release.

Now ←-------------- Very Soon -------- Soon -------- Soon-ish --------→ End of Time

I’m so fucking confused that I’m dizzy lmao. 

Edited by Banjans

spacer.png

• Retired Founder

So Ill got ahead and make the distinction for everyone to see now so there is no confusion in the future. Ill first say that a true "Serious RP" server would consist of not using your mic, making paragraphs for every action you perform with a /me. That level or roleplay is usually only found on half life RP servers and we are not forcing the server down that road. That is what Joah meant by "Semi-Serious" when comparing to what really intense RP servers look and act like. Now when it comes to Synergy CWRP we will continue to label the server as "Serious RP" for a few reasons I will explain in a moment. We changed the server to serious roleplay quite a while back and there hasn't been an official change on that ruling since then, regardless of what the name of the server is (Being that it doesn't specify if it is serious or not but if it is that confusing I will talk to Zim about changing it so people know). Now one of the biggest and most obvious reasons we will be maintaining the serious RP title is that the moment we switch down to semi-serious is the moment every player, minge and otherwise will have a better excuse to fail RP, minge, or generally just say things in serious event situations that really don't belong, and most of them will say in their defense that it is a semi-serious server so it doesn't matter what they say. Now beyond encouraging that behavior there is another big issue I have with turning the server into semi-serious, with the title of semi-serious on our server it is far more likely that those who join the server will have the expectation of just being able to fuck around when they join, not to mention we will push away players who are looking for a server they actually would like to RP on (Obviously there are plenty of times on the server where we will mess around a bit, hopefully in private areas, but at this point in time we aren't setting the standard to fuck around publically 24/7). So hopefully this clears things up for everyone, if you are still confused just ask in this thread or PM me in TS/Discord and we can try to clarify this further.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 3
1 minute ago, Jackson said:

So Ill got ahead and make the distinction for everyone to see now so there is no confusion in the future. Ill first say that a true "Serious RP" server would consist of not using your mic, making paragraphs for every action you perform with a /me. That level or roleplay is usually only found on half life RP servers and we are not forcing the server down that road. That is what Joah meant by "Semi-Serious" when comparing to what really intense RP servers look and act like. Now when it comes to Synergy CWRP we will continue to label the server as "Serious RP" for a few reasons I will explain in a moment. We changed the server to serious roleplay quite a while back and there hasn't been an official change on that ruling since then, regardless of what the name of the server is (Being that it doesn't specify if it is serious or not but if it is that confusing I will talk to Zim about changing it so people know). Now one of the biggest and most obvious reasons we will be maintaining the serious RP title is that the moment we switch down to semi-serious is the moment every player, minge and otherwise will have a better excuse to fail RP, minge, or generally just say things in serious event situations that really don't belong, and most of them will say in their defense that it is a semi-serious server so it doesn't matter what they say. Now beyond encouraging that behavior there is another big issue I have with turning the server into semi-serious, with the title of semi-serious on our server it is far more likely that those who join the server will have the expectation of just being able to fuck around when they join, not to mention we will push away players who are looking for a server they actually would like to RP on (Obviously there are plenty of times on the server where we will mess around a bit, hopefully in private areas, but at this point in time we aren't setting the standard to fuck around publically 24/7). So hopefully this clears things up for everyone, if you are still confused just ask in this thread or PM me in TS/Discord and we can try to clarify this further.

You actually did it wow !

We advertise it as ‘Serious RP’ but once you get into it, you definitely know that it isn’t.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 2

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

Change my mind.

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

16 hours ago, Jackson said:

Thanks for telling us and actually looking ❤️ BFF