Fix the flamethrowers

Chambers

Name: Chambers

Suggestion: Removing the particle effect from the flamethrower so people can bloody work / Setting the burn time to 1

Implementation: Remove it from the player view

Lore: This is the cure for cancer.

Workshop content if applicable: Requires Development  @Maxwells (Said it was possible)
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Change

Weapons: Advanced FlameThrower, Flame Thrower, Death Watch Flame Thrower

Other: I chatted with Esitt and this is the compromise we came to.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Friendly 1

Is it possible though? I'm pretty sure this was made ages ago but they said they couldn't fix the red screen as it was a Half Life effect and ported in. I'm not sure though. If Maxwells can do it by all means +1.

Edited by Fours
Banned

+1

There's not many people with the Flamethrower. The number is probably and most likely less than ten. People have worked to save up for this weapon and removing it would be rather upsetting for those who saved up to obtain it if their hard earned credits were not refunded if this was passed. Besides, most of the time the flamethrower is used in an event it's by one person and mainly against Player Characters whom are hostile since it is ineffective against NPC's whom do not react to the flame effects.  It appears people's main problem with the Flamethrower is the red screen you receive once you are lit on fire which causes most people to run around blindly. The red screen is there because you are taking damage at a constant tic, you can see it if you are being shot at at a rapid rate as well. Honestly, people seem to be mainly upset when it is used against them, which is fair. People who are unintentionally lit on fire just happen to get in the way or run in front/near of the flame while one is burning an event job since the flamethrower has a small AOE damage in the center of the flame. That red flashing screen and the hissing sounds also tend to throw players into a panic due to the fact that they cannot see, thus creating an opening for others to push in and take control of the situation. Though this does not usually happen due to A. the High HP of event jobs, and B. when they use high damaging blasters. More often than not the blast from the flamethrower only sets them back 250ish HP if they are hit once. The resulting burn tic deals roughly another 20-30 damage, depending on if they stand still to let the flames go out faster or if they runaround "feeding" the flames. Most event jobs that I've run across tend to kill me within a few shots even though I have maxed stats, and even then I sometimes only get in a single flash on them and set them burning before dying. I'mma leave a -1 because there's not many owned on the server, and more often than not several events go by without a flamethrower used in them. They're not used often enough to be a real annoyance and when they are people get upset at the people who saved up for them by using something that they earned.

• Agree 4

The weapon is good to hound someone with and disorientate with as it is not a fast acting take down weapon removing the  particle effects would remove the main purpose of the weapon as it has a very short range and doesn't do mass amounts of damage I understand why the particle effects are annoying but really that's the only really thing the flamethrower has going for it is the effect when you get hit it makes you panic but it's trade off if how close you have to get to the burn-ie the panic from them is what you rely on to survive so all I can do is -1

31 minutes ago, Illium said:

There's not many people with the Flamethrower. The number is probably and most likely less than ten. People have worked to save up for this weapon and removing it would be rather upsetting for those who saved up to obtain it if their hard earned credits were not refunded if this was passed. Besides, most of the time the flamethrower is used in an event it's by one person and mainly against Player Characters whom are hostile since it is ineffective against NPC's whom do not react to the flame effects.  It appears people's main problem with the Flamethrower is the red screen you receive once you are lit on fire which causes most people to run around blindly. The red screen is there because you are taking damage at a constant tic, you can see it if you are being shot at at a rapid rate as well. Honestly, people seem to be mainly upset when it is used against them, which is fair. People who are unintentionally lit on fire just happen to get in the way or run in front/near of the flame while one is burning an event job since the flamethrower has a small AOE damage in the center of the flame. That red flashing screen and the hissing sounds also tend to throw players into a panic due to the fact that they cannot see, thus creating an opening for others to push in and take control of the situation. Though this does not usually happen due to A. the High HP of event jobs, and B. when they use high damaging blasters. More often than not the blast from the flamethrower only sets them back 250ish HP if they are hit once. The resulting burn tic deals roughly another 20-30 damage, depending on if they stand still to let the flames go out faster or if they runaround "feeding" the flames. Most event jobs that I've run across tend to kill me within a few shots even though I have maxed stats, and even then I sometimes only get in a single flash on them and set them burning before dying. I'mma leave a -1 because there's not many owned on the server, and more often than not several events go by without a flamethrower used in them. They're not used often enough to be a real annoyance and when they are people get upset at the people who saved up for them by using something that they earned.

Yeah -1

20 minutes ago, Turbine said:

-1 IT IS 15 MILL AND 20 MILL FOR ADVANCED IT SHOULD BE FUCKING BROKEN

This is the dumbest shit I've ever read.

Anyone can AFK for a flamethrower.  You saying it should be broken is implying that it needs to be fixed.

All this is is getting rid of the blairing red effect on your screen so you dont have a spasm in the middle of the hallways.

Chill out .

• Agree 1

This has to be a major fucking +1, Especially when most people with flamethrowers don’t know how to aim and hit friendlies. I don’t know how many times i’ve been shot at with a flamethrower as a Jedi and been stuck with that stupid effect that I can’t see 2 feet infront of me. Pleaseee fixxxx.

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

19 hours ago, Red_Panda said:

This has to be a major fucking +1, Especially when most people with flamethrowers don’t know how to aim and hit friendlies. I don’t know how many times i’ve been shot at with a flamethrower as a Jedi and been stuck with that stupid effect that I can’t see 2 feet infront of me. Pleaseee fixxxx.

Yes but at the same time as a jedi you need to check if someone is shooting already I have a lot of times when ive been shooting at a enemy the a jedi runs up from behind me out of nowhere runs infront of me getting them set on fire and then they complain that it's my fault when they wanted to just rush in

Wooo omg look it's the main feature though! Wow. Don't care. If the majority don't enjoy it and it's kept it's favoritism. You small group of people wanted to use your time to get something you knew the majority disliked? It is absolutely cancer for events and for other clones cause people get too trigger happy with it. Absolutely ridiculous. And I'm not sorry to say that this server is for the community's enjoyment, not yours solely. SOBDE was nerfed to the ground cause people didn't like it and we had more than 10 people with the weapons.

So cry me a river and get rid of this shit. +1

Edited by Prince
  • Agree 2
2 minutes ago, Prince said:

Wooo omg look it's the main feature though! Wow. Don't care. If the majority don't enjoy it and it's kept it's favoritism. You small group of people wanted to use your time to get something you knew the majority disliked? It is absolutely cancer for events and for other clones cause people get too trigger happy with it. Absolutely ridiculous. And I'm not sorry to say that this server is for the community's enjoyment, not yours solely. SOBDE was nerfed to the ground cause people didn't like it and we had more than 10 people with the weapons.

So cry me a river and get rid of this shit. +1

But REE, They used real money on it... And I dont care, +1 for reasons stated.

unknown.png

2 hours ago, Alec said:

But REE, They used real money on it... And I dont care, +1 for reasons stated.

They knew what they were getting into. When you buy VIP, you can be blacklisted from events, from The Order, and from Naval. They aren't entitled to not have their equipment balanced.

+1 Thats a yes from me dawg

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

• 1 month later...
  • Retired Founder

Don't know what Maxwells is on. But this isn't possible as of now.
It works of the base Gmod file for fire, as far as I can tell. Meaning I would need to edit how default Gmod fix burns. And I am not fucking with out Gmod core files.

Denied.