Changing Special Operations to Stealth Operations

Whiplash

Name: Karma

Suggestion: Changing Special Operations to Stealth Operations

Implementation: Replace anything in the server that identifies as Special Operations and Change it to Stealth Operations.

Lore: Currently as a reconnaissance battalion we have Special Operations. The reason is because they did not want this battalion in the SOBDE Regiment. This is why we should change the name. Special operations is actually called the 44th Special Operations Division under the SOBDE Regiment (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Operations_Brigade). So if SO is not going to be identified as an SOBDE Battalion then it should not have this name. Next is that Special Operations Utilize stealth cloaks unlike any other battalion. The 44th Special Operations Division is not known for that. There is barely any lore for that battalion. There is a Battalion that utilizes cloaking devices called Stealth Operations lead by Commander Blackout. Putting aside that they operate cloaked ships and not cloaked Armour (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stealth_operations_clone_trooper) . And there is my third point is that in the job menu the Commander Job for Special Operations is called Commander Blackout (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Blackout/Legends). How does that make sense? You are literally using another commander for a battalion even though the commander has their own battalion that they operate. Stealth Operations has lore to their battalion unlike the 44th Special Operations Division. So if Special Operations has a commander from stealth operations, utilize cloaking technology like stealth operations, has more lore to them then Special Operations, and is not part of SOBDE unlike Special Operations then we should just change the name and job names to Stealth Operations because they are stealth troopers. Also do not suggest Shadow Company

Edited by CollinTheMarines
Banned

this is literally just a name change

Banned
Just now, CollinTheMarines said:

Not a valid reason for a -1 but ok.

yes it is, it's unnecessary

• Agree 1
Banned
2 minutes ago, CollinTheMarines said:

I do not think shadow company is an actual thing. It is actually called the 73rd battalion and that is being used on icefuse.

it's used all over, because it's an actual lore thing

we used to have it and it made sense, why not have it again?

1 minute ago, Spooky said:

it's used all over, because it's an actual lore thing

we used to have it and it made sense, why not have it again?

Talk to the Synergy higher ups about it then because they would of done that in the first place.

Banned
Just now, CollinTheMarines said:

Talk to the Synergy higher ups about it then because they would of done that in the first place.

they did do it in the first place tho

20 minutes ago, CollinTheMarines said:

I do not think shadow company is an actual thing. It is actually called the 73rd battalion and that is being used on icefuse.

Shadow Clone Troopers are a thing and are basically what SO is. Blackout, Jet & Spark are Stealth Operators which I believe actually deals with either flying or overseeing stealth operations, hence their very Pilot-Like armor, whilst not actually being in the battlefield.

Shadow Troopers were their own division so there was no actual label to them, it could be called Shadow Company to amend that.

73rd Shadow Battalion is 100% fanon - http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/73rd_Shadow_Battalion

Whilst Shadow Troopers are real, there do not actually fall into a Battalion or unit, they are a division.

Honestly if you want to change your battalion's name and got approved by the BCMD I feel like a suggestion is pointless instead should be talked through a Director since this is more about the battalion and the people inside dealing with a different name

+1 Why not change no need to stop new ideas

• Agree 1
Just now, Zyner said:

Shadow Clone Troopers are a thing and are basically what SO is. Blackout, Jet & Spark are Stealth Operators which I believe actually deals with either flying or overseeing stealth operations, hence their very Pilot-Like armor, whilst not actually being in the battlefield.

Shadow Troopers were their own division so there was no actual label to them, it could be called Shadow Company to amend that.

73rd Shadow Battalion is 100% fanon - http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/73rd_Shadow_Battalion

Whilst Shadow Troopers are real, there do not actually fall into a Battalion or unit, they are a division.

Cool then if they are a division the there would be no point in changing the name to Shadow Company.

5 minutes ago, Fizzik said:

BCMD approval. 

I feel like we need to make a community announcement on this tbh.

Like if you want to make a server suggestion about your battalion you NEED permission from your BCMD.

I swear alot of the community don't know this.

for me its a -1

Edited by miguz

Why is that bad?

Wait if you didn't get BCMD Permission I dont think you can make this suggestion. Since this is a big change and it will represent the battalion differently. If you dont have the BCMD Approval as much as I approve of this idea I am gonna -1 this. 

So, I do not know any lore for Star Wars, so a lot of my commenting may be vague as I am obtaining information from the wikipedia.

The idea at hand is to implement a name change for Special Operations to be edited to Stealth Operations. The main reasoning behind this is that A: Special Operations is currently not recognized as a member of SOBDE and B: Commander Blackout in lore is a commander of the Stealth Operations battalion. Please correct me if I've formed any misconceptions about the starting information.

Originally, SO operated under the naming of "Shadow Company" on the server. I feel as if Special Operations would be a better namesake than either of the two naming systems currently listed. Using exclusively lore canon, the closest troopers to the current Special Operations is the Shadow Trooper, "elite and highly trained stormtroopers that served the Galactic Empire during the Galactic Civil War against the Rebel Alliance" who "wore distinguishing black suits of experimental armor coupled with portable cloaking devices". If you take a look at the Special Operations Brigade wikipedia page, you find that a variant of Special Operations troopers that exists are the shadow troopers. 

Furthermore, according to the Wikipedia, Commander Blackout was "a special ops Clone Commander" who "served onboard the Republic's experimental stealth ship under the command of General Anakin Skywalker and Admiral Wullf Yularen". As far as I am concerned, Commander Blackout is fully in-line with the concept of Special Operations, and as being a commander for the said battalion.

Directly under Commander Blackout is Commander Jet. These are the two lore commanders within the Wikipedia entry for Special Operations Clone Troopers. If you do a bit of research, you find out that the whole title of Stealth Operations should actually, in fact, be merged with Special Operations, as there is no difference between Stealth Operations and Special Operations except, explicitly, the ability to cloak.

Utilizing this information, I would assume that SO is fine the way it is. I do not know what Shadow Company is, however, but what I do know is that a lot of your research was very rash and the idea to change names from Special Operations to Stealth Operations seems ill-informed.

Please correct me if I am wrong on any of this info or any of it is not lore. I assume all of the wikipedia where I obtained information is canon.

Here is where I had obtained information:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Special_ops_clone_trooper and all necessary wikipedia pages branching out (such as Special Operations, etc.)

Edited by Vaal

Changing it to Stealth Operations thats the point

"no point in changing the name to Shadow Company"

Stealth Operations and Shadow Troopers are two different things. Due to the lack of lore for Shadow Troopers, things were put into the Battalion to flush it out more.

Shadow Troopers "BCMD" was Director of Republic Intelligence Armand Isard. The original goal of Shadow Troopers was espionage, in & out stealth operations. Eventually it evolved into a more of assassination/stealth attack division as the war progressed.

Stealth Operations were specifically trained for stealth piloting/flying. They are not Shadow Troopers in any form, but due to the similarity between the two Blackout was made the SO BCMD just so there is an actual BCMD.

What needs to be realized is that the two are mixed due to lack of lore to flush the Battalion out, but if sticking to the most accurate lore be the choice then you are Shadow Troopers and would need to pick a name that represents it. If you were to be Sealth Operations then say bye to all your jobs and all you would have is Pilots, generally speaking.

I will +1 if you suggest changing to Shadow Company or anything that revolves around Shadow [Synonym for Battalion/Divison].

13 minutes ago, CollinTheMarines said:

Why is that bad?

Because it's Pratt's battalion? You should always get permission from your BCMD to post suggestions that'll result in a change for that battalion. 

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

Stealth Ops were trained in flying warships with the capability of stealth. They were Pilots.

While SpecOps were trained to move quietly and detect enemies from a distance, while wearing gear to improve that.  

They were Similar, but are also very different if that makes any sense.  

I really don't care if the name changes but i'm just pointing that out. 

Also get your BCMD's permission before posting. Since it is their Battalion. 

Edited by Scribbles