Squad System

TrijiM

Name: TrijiM

Suggestion: ARC Squad System

Implementation: So an Arc Squad System will be an Official Squad made up of different specialities (Such as Eng,Tech,EOD,QM, etc) and different battalions (Ex: DU,GM ,104th and 501st). I think it could enforce more RP, It can give people who need Leadership Experience, etc. They will be used offship for events. There will be 3 positions within the squad: Squad Manager, Squad Leader and a "Platoon" Sergeant.A squad manager will speak to BCMD's about the progress, Anything pertaining to a certain member (like a report sent to said members BCMD). Squad Leader will handle Mission related stuff like commanding them offship and will provide disciplinary action along with the BCMD's support. The Platoon seargant will give the shots if anything were to happen to the Squad Leader. Rancor could hold trainings with all ARCs and such to help build squad relations with all ARCs (thank you Doc for this lovely idea:). members will be picked by the different leaders in the event (CMD+) as to avoid any favoritism and instead picking people who fit the role best.

Lore: "Advanced Recon Commandos worked as solo operatives or in small squads led by ARC captains, either performing self-contained missions or supplementing larger Grand Army of the Republic operations" (grabbed from a trusted wiki)

Workshop content if applicable:
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: None

Job: None

Model: None

Weapons: None

Other: None

If you have any concerns or questions let me know on here or on discord. (If you would like to ill pm my discord name).

Edited by TrijiM

-1 might lead to favoritism in the squad. THAT IS NOT A GOOD THING!

this might also lead to people hating the squad because of those people that choose their friends rather than the person for the job.

Former: Shadow Company BCMD, Grey Jedi Master, and Wrath of the Sith

8 minutes ago, aust said:

-1 might lead to favoritism in the squad. THAT IS NOT A GOOD THING!

this might also lead to people hating the squad because of those people that choose their friends rather than the person for the job.

that was a concern that was recently brought up to me from a good friend. I believe this would get rid of any favortism  That's why I have edited the suggestion :)

Edited by TrijiM
1 hour ago, TrijiM said:

members will be picked by the different leaders in the event (CMD+) as to avoid any favoritism and instead picking people who fit the role best.

sorry, but again I will give this a -1

again anything that involves a squad with a leader in any situation can lead to favoritism

It is just a thing. The CMDs and above could also just choose the people they like rather than who is best fit

• Agree 1

Former: Shadow Company BCMD, Grey Jedi Master, and Wrath of the Sith

-1 not entirely necessary or warranted. Just because you can does not mean you should. This means that just make your own squad in your battalion if you REALLY want to do this and not force it upon everyone else.

• Agree 2
8 hours ago, Maymays said:

gonna have to -1 this dawg, this is an unnecessary attempted addition into the server. You're free to do this inside of your own battalion but not do it server wide. The 212th's squad system seems to be working but thats because it's not on full scale like you are suggesting. If it is turned server wide, favoritism would run wild no matter how hard you tried to stop it. 

i just shut down the squad system due to it being a failure lol    gonna have to -1   

• Agree 1

As an ARCL I must say it's no use doing a server-wide suggestion, We implemented squads within the 212th and it really is up to the batallion whether they want to use the system or not there I no point forcing someone to have squads it's up to the leaders of the battalion if they want to use it

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

Having a script to automatically run a think-hook and check if a player is in a squad would not only be taxing on the server but also annoyingly difficult to create.

Pointless content that will only lag the server.

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

I don't think thats what this suggestion is for, more just feedback on an RP idea of grouping ARC troopers into a squad during deployments to work together, no scripts

I just assumed, because it's been brought up before.

It'll be asked again.

Secondly if it's not mod or content related this shouldn't be here. it should be brought up to the directors and marshal commander.

• Retired Founder

ᴛʜɪs ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ᴀʟᴏᴛ ᴏғ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴀʀᴍᴀ.. ɴᴏᴛ sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ɪɴ ɢᴍᴏᴅ.
sᴏʀʀʏ.

ᴅᴇɴɪᴇᴅ.