Suggestion: Add signs/directions on Venator

DeafGiveaway

Name: DeafGiveaway/Fiblets

RP Rank: SGT [Suggestion was approved by MCMD Xaze]

Suggestion: Add signs/directions on Venator ship during events

Implementation: Adding signs & directions on the venator so troopers are aware of where they are going. Simple writing on walls to assist players in navigating the Venator. 

Lore: N/A

• Confused 2
  • Bruh 1
Head Admin

I'm assuming you mean the base we have? If so, +1, don't mind it and would help newer players navigate.

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

+1 for Onderon base directions.

If this is referring to the Venator map, -1 as this shouldn't need to be a suggestion. If a GM WANTS to (note wants, since depending on how they are using the ship it might not be necessary or if they have changed portions it could make some directions inaccurate or misleading [think when sections are blocked off]) they can just use textscreens for vital portions. They could literally just have a helper do that at the start of the event and it would not take that long. Just putting a textscreen at each layer of the elevator saying what is on each floor would floor would fix 90% of the issue and wouldn't take much longer than just verbally saying some simple directions at the start wouldn't take that long. Having to make an edit of the Venator map and make any new player have to redownload 300mb of the same map they have used on another server because it was edited to add some text is counterproductive.

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

Banned

wouldnt really be viable, the venator extensive map has protection if anyone attempts to decompile it, so even if i were to touch the map, it'd all be completely wrongly sorted and textured

as for onderon, i swear i put interactable maps around the base, but im not sure if they still exist

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2
5 hours ago, Jayarr said:

as for onderon, i swear i put interactable maps around the base, but im not sure if they still exist

I recall these, but they aren't there anymore. Were they entities spawned in or part of the map itself? If they were just spawned in, they could probably be put back and just be permapropped by a VA.

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

6 hours ago, Jayarr said:

wouldnt really be viable, the venator extensive map has protection if anyone attempts to decompile it, so even if i were to touch the map, it'd all be completely wrongly sorted and textured

You did, on V1. Past V1 they stopped existing

On 3/26/2023 at 4:00 PM, DeafGiveaway said:

Name: DeafGiveaway/Fiblets

RP Rank: SGT [Suggestion was approved by MCMD Xaze]

Suggestion: Add signs/directions on Venator ship during events

Implementation: Adding signs & directions on the venator so troopers are aware of where they are going. Simple writing on walls to assist players in navigating the Venator. 

Lore: N/A

I really wouldn't even bring this as a suggestion. When its used have GMs put arrows pointing to where you must go.

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

Forum Admin

7 hours ago, Jayarr said:

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

• Agree 1

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3