Prontos GM Application

Pronto

Name: Pronto 

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:62920262

Current Staff Rank: Admin

Are you Currently a GH?: Yes

How long have you played on the server? [Hours]: 1280 Hours at time of submission

From 1-10, what would you rate your knowledge of the Clone Wars?: 8. I'm quite familiar but I'm always finding more tidbits of info on little characters that don't have much screen time.

Do you understand that if you are inactive, you will be removed from the program?: Yes

Why do you want to join the Gamemaster team?: 

At the time of this application, I'd like to join for two reasons. The first is my desire to be able to run trainings, sims, and be able to spawn my own dupes for these purposes. My efforts would be focused on raising the server standards of training between events as filler activities and increasing outreach from SOBDE to the other units with increased effectiveness. I often play in the hours when its harder to get assistance and waiting for someone to not be AFK just isn't efficient.

The second reason is for hosting Sentinel and SOBDE tryouts/trials without assistance. As the sentinel master and a junior officer in SOBDE, the ability for one more officer to spawn our own dupes will allow us to host tryouts/trials at the times we'd like instead of waiting for qualified individuals with proper staff rank to show up. We only have a select few members in SOBDE with proper staff authority.

I'm looking forward finally being able to use my experience to increase the quality of the server to the maximum potential of my abilities. This will be a good opportunity for me to learn how to better the server even further. Lastly, I would like to start hosting deployments with very militarized settings and trying to create as much immersion as possible. I think it will be a hot new take and should add a fresh twist to the standard run and gun events of old. 

Do you have any suggestions for the gamemaster team
?:

None that should be placed on this post. I feel that I do a good job voicing my concerns or asking questions to VA+ as things come up. Keep on doing wonderful things, team. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Lastly, I do not have events typed up in format, but I do have trainings guide that would knock peoples socks off. I do not wish to publicly link them here, but would be willing to show select individuals upon request. I feel these more accurately reflect what I would be doing with these staff powers and help shed light on why this would be beneficial to the server. I have goals of being a positive role model with my lore characters and by using my military experience to raise the bar for everyone. I have stuff made up that would be effective for every regiment in some way, shape or form and I cannot wait to help implement them into routine practice. 

In time, I want to use these basic trainings as effective guides to increase deployment effectiveness. If enough players were able to grasp some of these concepts, they would bleed into the immersion of all events and ultimately help all gamemasters create more encapsulating environments.

EDIT* Link to two events

heres an encounter I ran early hours, was very limited because It was just an admin doing his best until Soccer showed up.

And this is a deployment for Jedi I assisted with for Katy. Probably some of my best RP  ever happened in this event.

Edited by Pronto

There is No Hive Mind in SOBDE

+1 to my only former SO Jedi

• Friendly 1

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

+1 better trainings and serious deployments will be great for the server & battalions you do them for. 

• Friendly 1

Current: Nothing

Former Vice Chairman Mas Amedda | Former Senior Senator Meena TillsFormer 41st BCMD Gree (Shrimp) | Former 501st Major Kix  | Former Senior Admin

Link us to 2 documents. One that is a deployment for the event server and one for a main server event. These will likely be the first events you do as a GM.

I don't think you have these in your post. You link events you've done but you don't have your documents for events you plan to do. Please add those.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Dumb 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

19 hours ago, Conrad said:

I don't think you have these in your post. You link events you've done but you don't have your documents for events you plan to do. Please add those.

19 hours ago, Conrad said:

Excuse if it double quoted, Mobile from Vegas ain’t going so hot.

I have no events prewritten, as per exactly what I wrote in my app. 

though I understand you have a system in place, I’m challenging that system with something NEW AND DIFFERENT to bring to the table. Again, as per my application. I’m not pre writing events because as someone who’s been doing this for 8 years I understand no plan or event survives the player dynamic. It simply doesn’t work that way. You cannot fully encompass all possibilities of the way players will react to a scenario. I have high-value training systems that I developed back in the day with a good friend of mine who I trained with religiously IRL.  (who was good enough to be featured in rainbow 6 siege as a character). These are my primary addition to the team and again, as previously written, I will provide documents to select individuals on request via discord, but will not publicly link them.

Edited by Pronto
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Pronto said:

Excuse if it double quoted, Mobile from Vegas ain’t going so hot.

I have no events prewritten, as per exactly what I wrote in my app. 

though I understand you have a system in place, I’m challenging that system with something NEW AND DIFFERENT to bring to the table. Again, as per my application. I’m not pre writing events because as someone who’s been doing this for 8 years I understand no plan or event survives the player dynamic. It simply doesn’t work that way. You cannot fully encompass all possibilities of the way players will react to a scenario. I have high-value training systems that I developed back in the day with a good friend of mine who I trained with religiously IRL.  (who was good enough to be featured in rainbow 6 siege as a character). These are my primary addition to the team and again, as previously written, I will provide documents to select individuals on request via discord, but will not publicly link them.

i dig this. Don't hold it against this dude. This is a very well written explanation

Longest Special Operations Member on the server.
 Current: Jedi Chief Instructor l Alpha 98 Nate
Former: Cin Drallig l First Yayax Squad Yover l Foxtrot Commando l 2nd GM BCMD Bacara l Serra Keto Final SO Commander Jet l First & Last Devil Dogs Deadeye l Veteran Admin l Jedi General Plo Koon l 2nd Returning SO CMD Jet l Luminara Unduli l Wolfpack MAJ Boost l Kit Fisto l Trauma's Unit MED Mystic l Jedi Military Advisor l Omega 36 PVT Darman l High General Shaak Ti929b4e909812caa69dc35d62f2db974e.gif?ex=

1 minute ago, Mystic said:

i dig this. Don't hold it against this dude. This is a very well written explanation

Thank you mystic. That explanation isn’t designed to be hostile in any way so I hope nobody believes it is. My entire  premise from the start was that I have something different that I can provide the server and that’s why I wanted the SA position.

I’d be willing to elaborate on why something like this is more important then ever to the server.