From the Office of High Command 5/21/2022

Do you feel like a hostile faction would be good for the server?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From the Office of High Command

5/21/2022

From the Office of the Chancellor - Conrad

General Updates

We have the position of Grand Master of the Order Yoda, 501st BCMD Rex, 21st BCMD Bacara, SOBDE BCMD Gregor open. In the next two weeks we will have Mas Amedda, and Siege Regimental opening. Everyone get your apps ready and reach out if you need a waive for anything!

During this week we had some issues with the NLR rule. A big thing we wanted to iron out is what are the exceptions to NLR. The big thing about this is that it basically boils down to “If announcements are happening on base, you know of it”. What this basically boils down to, when you revive you know what the defcon is, and that's it. You are allowed to run back to the action on Defcon 4 or lower as long as you act as if you had no special knowledge from before. Treat it like you were asleep, and the alarm is going off, so you know we’re under attack, but nothing outside of that. I know the Guild Leadership team is having a bit of discussion on this as well for things specific to hunters, however nothing for this has been set to my knowledge (Could have happened but IDK due to LOA)

Roleplayer of the Week

Pythin has been awarded for his RP as a jedi by Luther. Pythin has been doing great RP, a lot of which I have had the privilege of participating in. I think he does an excellent job at toeing the line between SOBDE and Jedi and it's very fun to interact with and watch. Keep it up and reach out to me for your reward.

Question for the Community

Do you feel like a hostile faction would be good for the server? Include why or why not in the comments below!

Clone Updates

An issue was found regarding Sub Units inside the CG. The Diplomatic Service Lead Stone was not a Job that was tied to the position of DSL. So we had an instance where one individual is Stone, but another is DSL. Per a rule set by the founders, the 600c jobs in the subunits are the “Subunit Leads”. This position must be tied to the job. If this were to change that position would lose its 600c and would turn down to 450c. I’m pretty sure that this isn’t an issue anywhere else but now that its been more clearly defined by the founders we can enforce it more correctly.

Navy Updates

No work with the navy this week!

Jedi Updates

A big thing I’ve been doing is helping Willy and Bro with some doc work inside of the Jedi Order. As the unofficial Intel Lead of the Jedi Order I have helped set up some of the requirements for each of the specific branches of the Jedi Order. I have also specifically been helping set up a new Roster for Temple Guard, which has been moved out from under setnintel and is now its own branch. 

Guild Updates

With Satan going up to Guild Leader obviously a LT position has opened up in the Guild. I have been giving some notes on the applicants and listening to some of the interviews to follow who will get the position. I’m always very interested in following people’s first big promotion when they reach an applicable position, be it CMD/XO/LT/Admirals/Mace/ECT I always love following it and its great way to see the thought process of these new people to the position. 

Senate

You might have seen the announcement of Mas Amedda moving down to BCMD From Regimental Equivalent. I wanna just talk about the thought process behind this. So this was something we’ve kinda tossed back and forth for a couple months now, as we didn’t feel that the position of Senator allowed for people to do enough to show that they were ready for the responsibility of a Regimental Equivalence. The senate has three ranks, Senator, Senior Senator, and Mas. These limited ranks with minimal change in power don’t really allow people the chance to show they have the maturity for the position without looking outside of the senate. I think that sets a really bad precedent for the only way to prove you’re ready for a position is to look for what you have done outside of the faction that person is in charge of. We had a ton of conversations with willy, and even tried to set up a chain of events that would lead us to say “Yes we are ok with Mas remaining regimental”. This would have happened if we succeed with a plan of expansion to the senate positions, Senate Commando’s, and things that allow for a more robust senate roster. Unfortunately this was not something that was wanted from the Founder Level, and I will say I agree with the thought process. The senate was not implemented as a group of positions that would detract from other spots on the server. Expanding the senate in this way would lead to the senate being something that would distract from other groups instead of being a smaller part time couple hours a week job. Since we aren’t able to expand it and give the senate a bigger chance to prove themselves we decided the best way to handle the next round of Mas Apps is to drop it down to BCMD, allowing us to think of “Who will run the senate best” given the minimal chances to prove themselves based on how the senate is currently structured.

Notes

As always, I am more than happy to talk in TS or discord at any time about anything. Just send me a message!

• Friendly 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

Hostile factions have always been a great idea. But the community has proven one of two things

1. Leadership is often times underwhelming and lead the faction into a bad direction
  2. The faction is held back by ideals that people often times are not willing to shift and/or change

A hostile faction can provide passive events and/or encounters without the game masters being needed to do all the work, and that is 100% something we need as a community. If we wish to maintain players around the clock, there needs to be activities to do. Sure, we can do that now, but no one does. Bounty hunter is a 50/50 gamble on what exactly will happen, if anything, and is very situational on when and how it will even provide the players with something to do with full server involvement. But that same arguement can be said for clones too. It is the responsibility of the community to create activities to do during "downtime", but concepts like this can actively help push for that.

Edited by Jayarr
  • Winner 2
10 minutes ago, Deathtiger said:

I think it depends on what that hostile factions will be doing and if it's going to structured kinda like the old CIS faction that we had,

Personally I'd like to see a more full time position similar to old Sith. Does it have to be sith, no, it can be any group that acts as a hostile force, but I personally hated the super heavily restricted "You can only get on when X calls for an attack" that we had with CIS. This is just my opinion and how i'd like to see it run.

spacer.pngspacer.png

24 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Navy Updates

No work with the navy this week!

Didn't you move Navy under the Marshal? And if it is true can you explain the process behind this?

unknown.png

24 minutes ago, Conrad said:

You might have seen the announcement of Mas Amedda moving down to BCMD From Regimental Equivalent.

Who's going to represent the Senate within high Command? Are they not now at the whim of High Command with no voice within the actual group that dictates their future, due to the fact they're a literal High Command dead end that has no way of getting into any High Command Positions?

Edited by Comics

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

9 minutes ago, Comics said:

Who's going to represent the Senate within high Command?

Palpatine would be. Same as how the regimental are the voice's of their battalions.

9 minutes ago, Comics said:

Didn't you move Navy under the Marshal? And if it is true can you explain the process behind this?

This happened while I was gone so I wasn't really involved in it. You can ask @Maddoxxas he lead this more. Since these updates are more just for what I do/have done/are involved in, he'll have the details here.

spacer.pngspacer.png

4 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Palpatine would be. Same as how the regimental are the voice's of their battalions.

But palpatine is selected from the senators, he's selected as the leader of all groups. Infact Senate now stands as the only solo group or regiment to not have some sort of directly chosen representative within High Command. BH, Navy, Jedi all have their own REG represenatatives as stand alone groups, each regiment then has their chosen represenatitve. However now no one chosen from the senate stands in HC. You represent all people, and are defintely not chosen to represent the smallest group. 

So you're saying Senate has no representation, we just have to expect you to understand's it's wishes as much as the people within it?

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

3 minutes ago, Comics said:

But palpatine is selected from the senators, he's selected as the leader of all groups. Infact Senate now stands as the only solo group or regiment to not have some sort of directly chosen representative within High Command. BH, Navy, Jedi all have their own REG represenatatives as stand alone groups, each regiment then has their chosen represenatitve. However now no one chosen from the senate stands in HC. You represent all people, and are defintely not chosen to represent the smallest group. 

So you're saying Senate has no representation, we just have to expect you to understand's it's wishes as much as the people within it?

I don't really agree with this mindset. Regimentals are in one of the 2-4 battalions under them before getting regimental. They aren't in all of them, yet they're able to be the voice of all the battalions under them. Its the same thing here. Just because palpatine doesn't come from the senate, he can still act as their representative.

spacer.pngspacer.png

21 minutes ago, Conrad said:

I don't really agree with this mindset. Regimentals are in one of the 2-4 battalions under them before getting regimental. They aren't in all of them, yet they're able to be the voice of all the battalions under them. Its the same thing here. Just because palpatine doesn't come from the senate, he can still act as their representative.

Regimentals are selected, usually from those battalions, to represent the wishes of only those 3 battalions. You are not chosen solely to represent the wishes of the senate, since you are not only not chosen from but also not chosen to represent the senate I think it's strange to assume you will always represent their wishes 100%. You sit almost as an elected dictator to enact your plans upon all groups, the groups then use their representatives to come to compromise over your plans. The senate will no longer have this at all, so when their future is being discussed they would have to trust someone not apart of their group or chosen to represent their interests to do exactly that.

This is less like having a reg represent 3 battalions and more like having the marshal represent all battalions. Regimentals very noticeably are forced into more hands off apporaches in which they tend to guide the unity of a regiment and assist in the plans of the regiment. Palpatine and Marshal, since they are such indirect represenatives do not act really to represent interests but to forward an elected agenda of the whole server. Your agendas within the senate would no longer have a senate representative to compromise with in High Command. 

I would like to add I think the role of regimentals is probably heavily under represented. And I do not support their equal ranking to people like Guild Lead or Yularen as I believe regimentals represent the views are many differing groups. I would support expansion of the insight and ability to interact with HC for BCMDs.

You seem confused, Conrad. I can explain anything you didn't understand :)

Edited by Comics
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1
  • Confused 1

Forum Admin
19 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Wasn't this one of the issues that got not only the senate but Palpatine removed the last time? Him overseeing the senate, clones, HC, and other roleplay functions?

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

4 minutes ago, Guac said:

Wasn't this one of the issues that got not only the senate but Palpatine removed the last time? Him overseeing the senate, clones, HC, and other roleplay functions?

Last time palpatine did the job that I currently do, and the responsibility as the sole person responsible for senate trials. So it wasn't that he was over the senate, he was in control of it, acting as mas does right now. So old palpatine was the same job as me currently and current mas. Now palpatine just has to check in like I already regularly do with mas, and say "The senate would like x or y in meetings"

• Dumb 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

So, Im obviously against Senate having its representation within High Command being harmed. Ive had chats with multiple people within High Command and a Founder about this.

Their reasons can and do hold weight behind it.

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

This would have happened if we succeed with a plan of expansion to the senate positions, Senate Commando’s, and things that allow for a more robust senate roster. Unfortunately this was not something that was wanted from the Founder Level, and I will say I agree with the thought process. 

This is something I got a more insight on from Jad and that I agree with partly. We had 2 Backup plans and 1 is somewhat ready to go and the 2nd plan would give us preferential treatment and that is just not acceptable. 

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

These limited ranks with minimal change in power don’t really allow people the chance to show they have the maturity for the position without looking outside of the senate.

Im half and half on this. I think the Bar to Senior Senator should very high and be the position Mas Amedda uses to mentor this person to succeed him, which if he was still RCMD, would then hopefully give them the chance to show this "maturity". Senators dont progress on the ranking structure, that is correct, however they do have committees where they can persure a lead position it, this is effectively a Regiment within a Battalion, I dont think the HVYL of a Battalion shows they can be a RCMD, this is the same. I think what should be done is having a more transparent and clear list of powers they hold, expand on them and give them more oppurtunities within the server, oppurtunities that shouldnt be giving special treatment but just enhancing what they already have. Maybe then you would be able to see the people showing themself.

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

The senate was not implemented as a group of positions that would detract from other spots on the server.

Yes, Absolutely. Activity however is too low, 3 hours is a day, A Couple of Hours for 3-4 Days would be more acceptable. This would mean they have enough time to work on their "main" but also have a second position that holds some value on the server. Senators shouldnt be presented as a throw away position.

54 minutes ago, Conrad said:

This is going to be crucial for the Senates Success. Since you were one of the people making this decision, you now have a resposibility to show alot more presense within the senate. I understand that you are the top person in the structure but Senate now relys on you for their voice. So far the Senate as a wholes recives almost no communication from you, while it was passable with Mas as RCMD, Senators now need to know if something is being discussed will effect High Command, The Senate Faction should be able to give their opinion and view through you. 

If however the Senate is put on a island that certain Senators believe they are now in, then it will only harm senate going further. I believe in representation within High Command and you are now our only way to get that.

@Comicsbrings some interesting scenarios to light. What he says would be almost a worst case scenario which isnt well out of the possibility. The next few weeks are really important. I hope you conrad will help us. Cause this below

18 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Now palpatine just has to check in like I already regularly do with mas, and say "The senate would like x or y in meetings"

Doesnt help us.

Edited by Gears
  • Winner 1
  • Informative 1
  • Confused 1

Currently trying to not be a forum gremlin

Former Chancellor Palpatine | Former Yoda & Mace Windu | Former Shaak Ti & Anakin | Former Delta Squad Scorch | Former Mas Amedda | Former Director | Former Management

2 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Last time palpatine did the job that I currently do, and the responsibility as the sole person responsible for senate trials. So it wasn't that he was over the senate, he was in control of it, acting as mas does right now. So old palpatine was the same job as me currently and current mas. Now palpatine just has to check in like I already regularly do with mas, and say "The senate would like x or y in meetings"

why can't you do this with BH, Navy, and Jedi? Why do they need representation directly but senate does not? Surely you can just ask them what they want? What if suggestions come up for senate they can't respond. You just have to assume what they want because you cannot represent all the wishes of Mas and the senate? the reason we have direct representatives in meetings is so they can respond and gain new information to alter or reinforce their opinions. 

• Agree 4

I think a hostile faction at the current time would be a bad idea due to population. Maybe when the population increases once again it could be talked about but it cannot be something like Sith that ruin the Clone Wars vibe.

• Agree 6
  • Winner 2

"We'll get it done, Colonel. Six out."

49 minutes ago, Metro said:

I think a hostile faction at the current time would be a bad idea due to population. Maybe when the population increases once again it could be talked about but it cannot be something like Sith that ruin the Clone Wars vibe.

Yeah, I'm a sith apologist but it kinda throws off the Clone Wars feel having the SWTOR Sith faction pull up. When the new map drops, If we did want a direct opposition with Jedi again, maybe a reintroduction of CIS with subsects for Dooku and his acolytes/assassins with the freedom that sith was offered?  

Edited by Snadvich
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 1
16 hours ago, Conrad said:

This happened while I was gone so I wasn't really involved in it. You can ask @Maddoxxas he lead this more.

As for why Naval got moved under the marshal the thought process was simply put we are looking to move the marshal role to have a more direct oversight of the republic’s military forces as much as possible and to that end this accomplished that goal.

Jedi, The Hunters Guild, and Senate still do not fall under the marshal’s authority as they are not republic military personnel and yes the “But Jedi are generals” was brought up however they were not clones, that make up the GAR battalions or the bulk of the naval. So they are not privy to the military oversight from the Marshal. 

Hope that answers @Comics question on the why. Sorry for the delayed response I’ve been a bit busy and haven’t had the time to get around to forum responding in any serious manner. :) 

• Friendly 1

14 minutes ago, Maddoxx said:

I’ve been a bit busy and haven’t had the time to get around to forum responding in any serious manner. :) 

Yeah this makes sense as an answer, I don't agree but I appreciate you explaining the process