remove DU.

shroud

Name: shroud

RP Rank: PVT

Suggestion: remove DU

Implementation: press remove button

Lore: fake sub unit, dead battalion

Workshop content if applicable: N/A
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Remove it entirely
(Any job modification requires all this information)

Job: DU

Slots: N/A

Description: shit battalion and its dead

Model: N/A
(Provide the model string if on server Ex. models/player/synergy/cblake/ls_squad/ls_trp/lstrp.mdl (Get this from the Q menu)

Weapons: N/A
(If you want a modfication to a weapon/saber you must put the weapon string in the suggestion. Ex. tfa_e5 (Get this from the Q menu))

Other: N/A

• Agree 4
  • Winner 1
  • Dumb 7

spacer.png

• Management
Management

This is a very poor suggestion for such a large change. This is removing an entire battalion from the server and you provide no pros or cons as to why the battalion should be removed. How does the server benefit from removing DU? This was an extremely rude way to go about trying to remove a group from the server, even worse than the two times I tried to remove Naval. I'd like to see some actual effort put into the suggestion besides what appears to be pent up baby rage about a battalion you dislike. I mean don't get me wrong I'm not a big DU fan but you could have gone about this in a much better way than saying:

14 minutes ago, shroud said:

shit battalion and its dead

I would prefer it if a suggestion like this was taken much more seriously that way it could open up an actual debate on whether or not this should even be considered or not.

Edited by Marvel
  • Winner 2
  • Informative 1

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

1 minute ago, Marvel said:

This is a very poor suggestion for such a large change. This is removing an entire battalion from the server and you provide no pros or cons as to why the battalion should be removed. How does the server benefit from removing DU? This was an extremely rude way to go about trying to remove a group from the server, even worse than the two times I tried to remove Naval. I'd like to see some actual effort put into the suggestion besides what appears to be pent up baby rage about a battalion you dislike. I mean don't get me wrong I'm not a big DU fan but you could have gone about this in a much better way than saying:

Marvel I love you but I think you took the bait

also +1 for havoc squad

• Management
Management
Just now, Heart said:

Marvel I love you but I think you took the bait

I mean he put it in server suggestions and it's actually quite astounding how many people talk about removing DU. I wouldn't be surprised if this was real or not.

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

Just now, Marvel said:

I mean he put it in server suggestions and it's actually quite astounding how many people talk about removing DU. I wouldn't be surprised if this was real or not.

it is real

• Agree 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

bc138de7013cca175b6f156e3713ccb8.png

I beat Jad in a spar first try.

4 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I would prefer it if a suggestion like this was taken much more seriously that way it could open up an actual debate on whether or not this should even be considered or not.

marvel........

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I'll start a debate then. Currently, nothing new in terms of factions or battalions can be added because the server is spread thin with diversity already. Removing a battalion can make room for something new.

• Agree 1

Kal Skirata                                                                                                                                                   Bacta                    Marvel                     Brooklyn

2 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Man I gotta say, I'm with this guy. This feels like a shit post, but it's put in as a genuine suggestion for the game in the official suggestions area. I personally don't see any DU other than Xylops who's a Jedi, it's definitely inactive, but if you think we should remove it then make a genuine post. I'd probably +1 it if you seemed to put effort into actually writing it, but it's just... Sad 

Current: Navy RDC SCPO Greg
Former: GM DD MEDL MAJ Jedi Chief Instructor, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Jocatsa Nu, Barris offee Jar Jar Binks

1 minute ago, Lovestruck said:

Man I gotta say, I'm with this guy. This feels like a shit post, but it's put in as a genuine suggestion for the game in the official suggestions area. I personally don't see any DU other than Xylops who's a Jedi, it's definitely inactive, but if you think we should remove it then make a genuine post. I'd probably +1 it if you seemed to put effort into actually writing it, but it's just... Sad 

aint no way i got 2 of yall

spacer.png

• Management
Management
1 minute ago, Brooklyn said:

I'll start a debate then. Currently, nothing new in terms of factions or battalions can be added because the server is spread thin with diversity already. Removing a battalion can make room for something new.

This. This I agree with however how did we decide that DU should be the group that deserves the chopping block? I'm fairly certain there are other battalions currently that are in a similar if not worse state than DU. Why DU over them? I mean as it stands DU is one of the few battalions on the server that still have a battalion buff. That being shields. Now that isn't crazy or anything but it is certainly unique. Where would shields go if DU wasn't here? (Obviously 501st since you know they were in that one episode too with shields duh) 

Me personally it's because their ugly af but that's not a valid argument.... unless?

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

1 minute ago, Marvel said:

This. This I agree with however how did we decide that DU should be the group that deserves the chopping block? I'm fairly certain there are other battalions currently that are in a similar if not worse state than DU. Why DU over them? I mean as it stands DU is one of the few battalions on the server that still have a battalion buff. That being shields. Now that isn't crazy or anything but it is certainly unique. Where would shields go if DU wasn't here? (Obviously 501st since you know they were in that one episode too with shields duh) 

Me personally it's because their ugly af but that's not a valid argument.... unless?

2 CMD+
1 SO
3 JO WO-CPT (one is on a 148 day LOA)
3 SNCO (one is on a 256 day long ROA)
9 NCO 
13 Enlisted (8 of are 20+ days in rank) 
12 Total Jedi
No ARCL, ARFL, MEDL, SUPL

• Informative 1

• Management
Management
5 minutes ago, Brooklyn said:

2 CMD+
1 SO
3 JO WO-CPT (one is on a 148 day LOA)
3 SNCO (one is on a 256 day long ROA)
9 NCO 
13 Enlisted (8 of are 20+ days in rank) 
12 Total Jedi
No ARCL, ARFL, MEDL, SUPL

Mans pulled out the receipt sheesh. To be fair every battalion goes through their phases, hell even 501st has been in tough spots and they got all that clout. Look at 21st they were in a really bad spot in both activity and mentality and they got a second chance. Why can't DU?

• Winner 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

Just now, Marvel said:

Mans pulled out the receipt sheesh. To be fair every battalion goes through their phases, hell even 501st has been in tough spots and they got all that clout. Look at 21st they were in a really bad spot in both activity and mentality and they got a second chance. Why can't DU?

DU has had years to figure itself out. The battalion since 2019 has only strived under 3 people. Dennis / Trixx / Maddoxx. It's harsh but true. We have all seen it and some lived through it. The systems rely on their makers to be around.

• Disagree 1

• Founder
Founder

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    • Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    • Ex: 35mb for one model.
  • Lack of feedback.
    • Ex: Post has been up for 3 weeks and only received 1-10 votes.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

This suggestion won't count for the 60 days wait period. Shit posters really do be out here wasting real potential.

• Disagree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Winner 3
  • Informative 6