A Very Strange Ambush

Fars

Name:Fars

Who helped (If applicable): Misfit, CloneWick

Link to Event/Encounter Document (optional): 

Description of event/encounter (required if no document provided): The Republic recieves a distress signal from a previously MIA recon squad on GEO, upon arriving they look around find the main base, with no hostiles. They find a station with a Recon Trooper's log in it. Upon checking it out, they find that it's a trap. The base shuts them in(Rayshields) and they have to fight their way back.

Did any Bounty Hunters Participate: Yes

KrMCdFv.png

Edited by Fars

Former: 187th 1stLT | 104th 1st LT Warthog | 2ndACC REGL CPT Barlex

spacer.png

2/10 im sorry but that was horrible, we were attacked by a friendly ship during the trap portion and this man no collided a frigate that i was on at the time got me kill and crashed right after.  try to listen to whats going on in comms more and be a lot more clear with your events cause that was confusing af. I have had mental breakdowns more put together then this :)

Edited by PLAYD3AD32

Certified Femboy!!
Current Positions: Jedi KU Elder Master Simms| Former Friendly Neighborhood Yoda

here is no way to be nice about this, sorry in advance.
0/10, I just cannot describe the pain of killing multiple Bounty hunters, snipers, and topped off with the fucking bhopping commando droids.
I don't think I have ever disliked a Event more. IF there is anything to take away from this please do not make anything like this again.
Try to make it easier, take more time to plan, and think about the players.

To help soothe my pain I will post all the jokes I could think off:

That was the Detroit of events.
I will be playing part II in my fucking nightmares.
It felt like a war documentary on Iraq.
It was like clearing out a Roach factory but your guns shoot roaches aswell.
The social commentary on the treatment of natives during manifest destiny.
This was the McDonalds Sprite of events.
Felt like Christmas in the hood.

That being said I truly am hyped for part II.

• Funny 1

Former: A lot of shit dude

1/10 

First we arrived on Geonosis and walked around for 5-10 minutes without finding a single enemy and eventually reached the main base after getting our nice walk in. Once we finally arrived at the Geonosian base, we were told we had walked into a trap and droids were spawned around the base and outside of the caves. 10-15 troopers attempted to go through the caves and began clearing the droids that had been previously spawned. However, once the GM or one of the helpers realized this, many more NPCs were spawned on top of these players and a droid sniper was brought in to take out any other stragglers. We then had to walk all the way back to the base and attempted to board the ships. We flew up to the ship and began boarding, but the ship conveniently warped away and we fell down to the ground and lost most of our health. Within seconds, the people who survived the fall were shot by a droid sniper that one shot each remaining clone. On our final trip back to the base the event was going decent and we were fighting droids from drop pods, but clearly the netgraph was not being monitored and the server crashed. This was one of the more painful events I've participated in and needed significantly more planning. If players are doing something that you did not expect, rather than punishing them, try to find ways to adapt rather than completely shutting them down. 

I hope you can bounce back from this and make some great events, and like Bane said: I am truly hyped for part II.

Edited by Pog

Former:

Jedi Youngling

3/10 Not gonna lie bro what the hell was going on lol, droids were being spawned on troops while we tried to do what we could. Event jobs were b-hopping around, ships were no collided while we had troops boarding (more than once). Just wasn't handled properly man. Hope to see improvement for sure.

Former: Parjai MEDO Captain Four | Parjai MEDO Major Bear | 2ndACC Commander Barlex | Commander Cody