Let Medics See Health

Stroodle

Name: Stroodle

RP Rank: CSM

Suggestion: Allow medics to see other players health.

Implementation: When medics (people on medic jobs) look at somebody they are able to see their health as a percentage (doing it like this prevents commando droids and the like from being metagamed with a glance)

Lore: As a trained and practicing medic you should be able to access most of a troopers condition by looking at them

Workshop content if applicable: Require Development
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Other: By allowing medics to see health it makes a medics life easier. The ACE Report system is unknown by many and used sparsely. If medics are allowed to see player health they can easily make decisions on who needs healing and what tool to heal them with (Bacta Kit or Syringe) without cluttering comms and banking on the fact that people know what an ACE report is. Overall this would make a great quality of life change that would disadvantage no one.

Honestly, cool suggestion if it could work. I just don't think it could be developed well or implemented well.

Lets say that people on medical jobs, constantly, can see player health above their other troops heads. This means the server has to constantly be running checks to see peoples HP and send it back to the player (if I am not mistaken) which would cause a fair amount of lag. Having the server box always be communicating with the server to the players back to the server then to the player again would presumably cause lag. I would like someone with more know how to correct me if I am mistaken but I believe thats how it works.
Lets say that you need to go up to someone and manually do something to them to check it. Lets say you hold C and click health status. That still seems like it wouldn't solve anything. You could just go up to them with a bacta kit, left click, and see if they aren't full. If its manual, it's just quicker to scan by clicking left click on people with your bacta kits.

I am pro this suggestion if it could work on the first way without lag. If it couldn't and we have to settle for the second way I think it's dumb. I'm going to -1 for now but I would change my vote if it could work without lag. I just don't think it could right now so I will cast my vote according to that.

• Agree 1

Yes, I do hate fat people.
Former Ordo Skirata

-1 as far as my knowledge of lua coding goes, it's almost impossible to create a feature like that for a specific job. Also in my opinion it's more fun to use the communication in game to use medics with shit like ACE reports. 

• Agree 2

Current: Deviant

Former: ITD 21stKU Commander Paladin, TRO | Alpha-66 Captain Muzzle, Wolfpack Commander Warthog/BCMD WolffeParjai SUPO 1stLT Four, Doom's Unit ARFL Commander Cloves, Spec Ops Captain ARFL Paladin, 41stEC HVYL Buzz, TRM, 2x HA

-1 my chief concern is the dev time or money to get this done. Maybe if something exsisted for it we could have a different talk but honestly having to get it developed ourselves just makes me think it’s not worth it. We should be putting our time and money towards more impactful things for player experience (or getting ready for sandbox

Edited by Conrad
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

It would be cool if it existed and if you find something and update the suggestion I will +1 but since it will have to be developed I would rather just not spend the time for something not really needed. Also this could cause meta gaming in PVP situations (ex. shooting someone you know is low hp over someone who is higher, Likely to happen for BH on the medic job)

• Agree 1

🌓🌙

-1 Im not going to the deny this but this has been up in my mind for a long time I even coded it and everything. However I disagree because for RP purposes a medic should not be able to tell the current amount of HP you have. 

On 8/27/2021 at 7:54 AM, Conrad said:

-1 my chief concern is the dev time or money to get this done. Maybe if something exsisted for it we could have a different talk but honestly having to get it developed ourselves just makes me think it’s not worth it. We should be putting our time and money towards more impactful things for player experience (or getting ready for sandbox

This is a 5 minute job lmao. Not really but i mean it wouldnt take a long time

On 8/27/2021 at 7:50 AM, Paladin_ said:

-1 as far as my knowledge of lua coding goes, it's almost impossible to create a feature like that for a specific job. Also in my opinion it's more fun to use the communication in game to use medics with shit like ACE reports. 

No it is possible.

Edited by Maxwells
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3
  • Informative 3

:FeelsDankMan: :DERPPERS:<--- You reading this

Dude, I've gotta tell you about this shit. I only found out about it today. this will change your exprience as being a medic

it's called actually fucking talking to your troops. 
IN-FUCKING-SANE I know. I think you should give it a try

Edited by Comics
  • Funny 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

-1 i mean a better thing would be let medics know if someone needs healing or not, not show them their health, cause that prevents medics knowning if someone is low or not and just generalizes that someone needs heals

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

Forum Admin

Why are we actively trying to remove the little amount of RP medics still have? 

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

:FeelsDankMan: :DERPPERS:<--- You reading this