Flashlight Improvement!

Mavelle

Name: Mavelle

RP Rank: MAJ

Suggestion: I suggest we add the following workshop content to our pack, as the flashlight is just a higher quality- it's just better. I highly encourage you to check it out in singleplayer.

Implementation: It's workshop content! I don't know the specific process, but I reckon it's relatively simple to add. Also it's less than a tenth of a megabyte.

Lore: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Trooper_torch

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2558917151
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

Was I a good Ahsoka Tano? Call 1-800-HOWSMYRP!

ff337e5ae083ae69e64e66c76a2ed4e4f9d4760c

Biggest issue with this is gonna be performance. Lighting is never usually something that ends up well when it comes to server performance, have you looked through the comments for this, kind of hard to test on a single player map.

spacer.pngspacer.png

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

Biggest issue with this is gonna be performance. Lighting is never usually something that ends up well when it comes to server performance, have you looked through the comments for this, kind of hard to test on a single player map.

What he said ^ 

For those who are to busy to click on the link and scroll down in the comments section. Here are some samples:

"it looks like it's coming out of the player's pelvis instead of their head, kinda sucks for gameplay. :(" - brwokbrwok

"the flashlight doesn't rotate for other players perspectives" -.toukaforce

"Okay, can confirm, it does seem to work with flashlight texture replacements. Unfortunately, it does not work with Third Person Flashlight improved, since I had the brightness of the flashlight set to high, and this addon seemed to overwrite that, and changing the values from TPF didn't change a thing." - Mesozoic Gamer

I agree that a better flashlight is in order since we have gotten improved suit zoom, a salute swep to replace the old /salute, better vehicles, better weapons, etc.
But I recommend looking into other flashlight addons as well so we can find the best suited one for the server.

p.s did anyone else watch the first video on the addon and get their eyes nuked?

p.p.s I won't vote on this yet, just giving input. 

spacer.png

Master of the Order Mace Windu (Current) | DU VET Sergeant (Current) | Mas Amedda (Former) | 327th Battalion Commander Bly (Former)

-1 close but this aint it, i understand the feel your going for

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

• 2 weeks later...
Forum Admin

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

Unfortunately, this suggestion has been DENIED.

If the same suggestion is submitted again within 60 DAYS of this post it will be automatically denied.

// LOCKED
// MOVED TO [CW] SERVER SUGGESTIONS - DENIED

Denial reasons:
(These are some reasons that your suggestion might get denied for.)

• Not providing sufficient information.
    Ex: Just linking the workshop and not giving us the actual model path you want to use.
  • The addon's size is way too big compared to its content(s).
    Ex: 35MB for one model.
  • Majority negative feedback.
  • Bad optimization and/or causes bad performance on the server.
  • Having multiple suggestions within one thread.
  • Bothering leadership/development team regarding a suggestion.
  • Suggesting a previously denied suggestion within 60 days of denial.

:FeelsDankMan: :DERPPERS:<--- You reading this