Graphics Card/SSD Hunt

Deku

Alright, I’m calling upon all of the tech geeks and gamer nerds. I’m looking for a new CPU with a budget of $500. (flexible) if you have any suggestions for what I should take a look at or if you have a link to like an Amazon listing or something, let me know. (I live in Canada so preferably somewhere that either is in Canada or ships internationally)

Not sure the exact one I have currently but I do know it’s an i7 (I’ll check for exact one once I get home from school)

I'LL BE CHANGING MY HUNT FOR A CPU TO A HUNT FOR A NEW GRAPHICS CARD AND SSD. CURRENTLY I HAVE A Nvidia GTX 1060-6GB AND A SHITTY SANDISK 128GB SSD, SO LITERALLY ALMOST ANYTHING IS BETTER.

Edited by Deku
My CPU is actually good

Full-time Server Boomer

g2gsVqh.gif

if your sticking with intel i would get this https://www.amazon.com/Intel-i9-10900X-Processor-Unlocked-BX8069510900X/dp/B07YP69HTM/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=intel+10990k&qid=1606405539&sr=8-3

10900k is benchmark in terms of intel pluse your getting good deal in terms of what it normally is which is 700 pluse i heard good things with this personally im AMD has their killing the proccessor game but my heart is Nvida for GPU

If you are sticking with intel just assuming you’re using the stock color I’m assuming you’re going to need to get a new one as the intel stock color is ass. So you’ll have to save some money for another air cooler and an all in one cooler 

Edited by Clutch

Kaiser                 Zeros                    Clutch
 3d9c751ebe7b1b10535d501c3cacff63.png

11 minutes ago, Clutch said:

If you are sticking with intel just assuming you’re using the stock color I’m assuming you’re going to need to get a new one as the intel stock color is ass. So you’ll have to save some money for another air cooler and an all in one cooler 

Not necessarily. He might just be trying to keep his same motherboard.

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

FOR ANYONE THAT HAS BEEN LOOKING FOR AN ANSWER OR SEES THIS AT A LATER DATE:

After inspecting everything in my pc, my CPU is actually pretty damn good compared to the rest of my computer. Currently I'm looking for a good SSD and a graphics card.

Full-time Server Boomer

g2gsVqh.gif

Gonna put down some suggestions for you.

Samsung SSD 860 EVO.    Good SSD for good price.   Can't go wrong with Samsung brand for SSDs.   IF you have a space in your motherboard and want an M.2,   There's some at a little bit higher cost.

Graphics card?  That's gonna be an issue due to current storages.   It'll be a few months before shit can get better.

spacer.png
Every time I wander into an argument on the forums.