Event Job Tags

Zyner

Name: Zyner

Suggestion: Creating an Event Job tag

Where would this be implemented?: In TeamSpeak

How would this benefit the TeamSpeak/Community?: Allowes Game Masters to PM/pull people who advertise they enjoy or want to help in events by being an Event Job. This will create a better flow into Events by avoiding advertising in-game (breaking immersion) for Event Jobs where most people will stop what they are doing and get ready for the Event. Also allow Game Masters to ease into Events, such example being where the Community becomes impatient after adverts and questions when an Event will start. Down-side will be that the Community will not be aware in-game when an Event is being made (Though they can look in the TeamSpeak channel for Game Masters if they are preparing).

Have you asked for Feedback from others about this suggestion?: Yes.

Briefly explain why this should be implemented?: People love tags and the tag itself should hold literally no power/priorities so easier to implement. Can create a tag if required. Yes there are Game Helpers but VIPs can be Event Jobs but there is no VIP tag (Yet?).

• Winner 1
Banned

+1

No harm in testing its performance.
The GM team could definitely use a helping hand, and this may come to help in an unexpected way. Who knows.

+1

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

Head Admin

+1.

Current: Head Admin | Specialized Regimental Commander

• 4 weeks later...
Forum Admin

aHem... PULL?

I'll be down for a tag but if they don't want to be an EJ they shouldn't be pulled.

+1

Edited by Guac

🎀  𝙵𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚂𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊  🎀
<3

• 2 weeks later...

+1 i'd be down for this if they poked the person first

Current: Just Some Guy
Former: Senior Admin | TRO x2MAJ | Styles | Rys | CG x3 | Thire  | 21st x3 | Guardian Manager | Alpha-98 Nate | Sith Apprentice | Many more battalions  Serra Keto [9 Months] | TGML [9-10 Months] | TGL | Knight 8

• 2 months later...
  • Retired Founder

This suggestion is still open for discussion,

My thought process is that this is unneded now due to the public Game Master Discord as it's easier to throw a discord ping than to pull people with a tag.

This would also have to be a tag that is assigned by a certain rank and that rank needs to be trusted to verify the member's VIP status in-game and not just give it out on a "I trust them" basis. On top of this, if someone enjoys being an Event Job but is busy doing something and they get pulled it can create a LOT of complications.

Thoughts?

• Agree 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Retired Founder
4 hours ago, Dinaric said:

+1 absolutely will help GameMasters/Helpers keep track of who is who

To be fair on the other side here, there are waiting rooms for the teamspeak for this exact reason. Once the VIP says they want to be an event job, you teleport them and have them join the teamspeak channel then you pull them. Setting up a Teamspeak tag will mean it will have to be assigned to all VIPs by Head Admins & almost impossible to keep up with.

• Agree 1
  • Retired Founder
22 minutes ago, Corporal_Misfit said:

cant you just do it the same way you do the Subscribers? Look at who bought what (pretty sure their steam account is linked to the forums/store so) and just give them the tag?

Subscriber is given when purchased for every person on teamspeak that has subscriber. An Event Job tag would be another tag that would be an optional "I want this" tag. As it is we have too many tags like that.