Events?

I am going to be honest what has been going on with events recently? All I see is encounters, and even that there has been a max of 2 encounters a day. I just feel there has been a lack of events/encounters. Along with there only being encounters they are all the same, trandoshan bounty hunter, CIS planting bombs, etc. All people do is just small RP that is the same as well. Overall I think the server is getting dry due to all of this and us as a community should do something about it.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 2

Kaiser                 Zeros                    Clutch
 3d9c751ebe7b1b10535d501c3cacff63.png

Unfortunately, the lack of events you see is because of the fact that the GM team is not authorized to deploy people when there is a low server pop (<70). This week the server has just been a little slow and hasn't really hit over 70 that much.

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

@Fizzik. That makes no sense. If we stop doing deployments at <70 then we are going to see the server die. We should be pushing to do more things not less. Restrictions only make people want to do less for the server and get them frustrated. This is an RP server. Allow people to do RP even if it's just 20 people. Because if those 20 people can say that they had a good experience then the next thing you know you have 30, 40, 50+ ACTIVE people. By limiting us to the <70 then we will have less experiences and people will leave server because there is nothing to do. I already have 1 that has left server and I've heard of others complaining about the lack of things to do. We need to invigorate the server not stifle it. I enjoy the server and want to see it do nothing but succeed and I do not see it being successful with this new <70 rule.

Who put in the <70 rule. Sorry for the rant

Edited by Keller-Fenrir
  • Agree 1
56 minutes ago, Fizzik said:

Unfortunately, the lack of events you see is because of the fact that the GM team is not authorized to deploy people when there is a low server pop (<70). This week the server has just been a little slow and hasn't really hit over 70 that much.

I'm gonna be real. If GMs were authorized to do deployments when there are less than 70 people on the server, it's gonna get people to be more active, and just off the deployment alone, you're gonna get a number of people from the deployed battalions to get on that were not already.

• Winner 1
12 minutes ago, Keller-Fenrir said:

@Fizzik. That makes no sense. If we stop doing deployments at <70 then we are going to see the server die. We should be pushing to do more things not less. Restrictions only make people want to do less for the server and get them frustrated. This is an RP server. Allow people to do RP even if it's just 20 people. Because if those 20 people can say that they had a good experience then the next thing you know you have 30, 40, 50+ ACTIVE people. By limiting us to the <70 then we will have less experiences and people will leave server because there is nothing to do. I already have 1 that has left server and I've heard of others complaining about the lack of things to do. We need to invigorate the server not stifle it. I enjoy the server and want to see it do nothing but succeed and I do not see it being successful with this new <70 rule.

Idk man, I was just told I'm not allowed to let people deploy when it's less than 70. The directors are thinking about changing the rule though so hang tight!

Rule-maker and rule-breaker.

• Retired Founder
1 hour ago, Keller-Fenrir said:

I see where you are coming for with this but we also have to think about the server population. No late night or early morning players are going to want to join if there's 5 players online, ya feel? However we are looking into LOWERING the maximum player cap for deployments.

@Forseen Buddy. Pal. BB. Obviously a late night deployment wouldn't be a large population. HOWEVER, I still don't see what would be wrong with someone wanting to change scenery for the late night crew a little. We could do fun story oriented things for people that don't revolve around Anaxes. Hell I might start doing that anyways because why not? As long as we don't do 1/4 events and things like that I see it as being a legitimate option. If the concern is that the main server would be empty? Well I hate to say it but usually late night is D.E.D. Dead. The deployed would be able to come back, tell that they regularly have fun deployments regardless of server pop and then new folks would be more inclined to stay around. The server needs new things to break the status quo that we have been stuck in lately. Is this the best way to fix it? I don't know, but I think it's a good avenue to pursue. The worst thing would be that we go back.

I'd also like to add that any new late night/early morning players are also just going to get stuck in the TR room since the people are AFK anyway padding those numbers. Things from the outside, as a non-staff member seem very restrictive right now from what I've been hearing. I could be wrong and not afraid to admit it.

• Winner 1

The main server is only used for encounters and passive RP now basically.

I think it's great! We have all these wonderful roleplayers that never fail to keep the server engaged! For example, we have a lot of clones who like to stand guard. Like in the shows! Only... I'm unsure what they're guarding by staring at a corner for 3 hours.

• Funny 1

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

• Management
Management
1 hour ago, Ratio said:

For example, we have a lot of clones who like to stand guard. Like in the shows! Only... I'm unsure what they're guarding by staring at a corner for 3 hours.

spacer.png

• Funny 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

On 4/17/2020 at 9:18 PM, Ratio said:

The main server is only used for encounters and passive RP now basically.

I think it's great! We have all these wonderful roleplayers that never fail to keep the server engaged! For example, we have a lot of clones who like to stand guard. Like in the shows! Only... I'm unsure what they're guarding by staring at a corner for 3 hours.

Only real king RPers guard the corner, thats where the Sith lurk

Current: Retired
Former: 2019/2020 Hound, Thorn, TKL, ARCL SGT-CMD - First and Last Commander Grey, CG XO Broadside