Why we back on anaxes?

Piff

Some people have computers from 2009 so they cant run the map without crashing and capped at like 7fps

Edited by McFisher

Imagine Putting Your Old Ranks And Roles In Your Bio

I Went from Mas Amedda and VA to Blacklisted from every single thing except CT and Jedi :)

Banned

We should go back on Endor 

Edited by Sixta
ok please stop dumbing im actually crying
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Winner 1

r4ymo.gif

4 hours ago, BigZach said:

Something to do with shifting the blame of bad server performance on the map rather than the larger issues.

Yes because we can control those larger issues please direct me to how to fix them.

The map was changed yes for lag maybe there is a larger underlying reason but me nor marvel have the abilities of fixing said issue 

• Funny 1
16 hours ago, Sanchez Resident said:

Yes because we can control those larger issues please direct me to how to fix them.

The map was changed yes for lag maybe there is a larger underlying reason but me nor marvel have the abilities of fixing said issue 

It's not your guy's fault. You're not in the position to fix these issues.

Edited by BigZach
  • Agree 1
  • Winner 1

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

• Management
Management
8 minutes ago, Prophet. Jr said:

Wait, so what is the main underlying issue/reason then? Why did we switch back? 

The map died around a 100 or more players. We’re looking for a new Venator to continue the rotations on.

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

• Retired Founder

People suggest "sick" looking maps that are 95% of the time extremely poorly optimized and cannot handle 100+ players, let alone even 80.
Unfortunately, that is the reason a majority of server(s) use a very small pool of maps, and/or a fully custom coded map with optimization tailored for 120 players.

There has to be a balance of luxury, player interest, and most importantly heavy optimization.

Also, Garry's Mod content creators/mappers are few and far between these days; most have moved on to bigger and better things.

• Agree 1

z5dGuiK.gif

4 hours ago, BigZach said:

It's your guy's fault. You're not in the position to fix these issues.

I’m sorry did you just blame performance issues on the Directors lol.

Look at it like this, the old Venator as we knew it may not have had a terrible time holding us, but as we move forward as a community we bring in new content, our old busted ass maps can’t handle Bacta Grenades, Grenade Launchers, Flamethrowers, etc. all at the same time.

It’s nothing the Directors or any of the high staff can directly fix unless you want to go ahead and point them in the right direction if you’re such an insider.

They are trying their best, give it time and you’ll get what you want.

• Winner 1

Banned

Alright ill make a map

Sanchez trembles at the mention of my name.

11 hours ago, Bbstine said:

I’m sorry did you just blame performance issues on the Directors lol.

Look at it like this, the old Venator as we knew it may not have had a terrible time holding us, but as we move forward as a community we bring in new content, our old busted ass maps can’t handle Bacta Grenades, Grenade Launchers, Flamethrowers, etc. all at the same time.

It’s nothing the Directors or any of the high staff can directly fix unless you want to go ahead and point them in the right direction if you’re such an insider.

They are trying their best, give it time and you’ll get what you want.

I didn't blame it on the directors xd I said it's not their fault... u good? I said it's not their fault and they shouldn't feel pressured, as they are not in the position to fix the issue. I wasn't blaming the directors at all.

Edit: Oh fuck I never realised that typo until now! I'm a fucking retard!

Edited by BigZach
  • Funny 2

"I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot." - Logic

23 hours ago, Sanchez Resident said:

How bout no props for bunks, server quality would be a whole lot better 

5 hours ago, Lucky said:

How bout no props for bunks, server quality would be a whole lot better 

+1 kinda agree on that, but the bunks should at least have like some beds painted to the battalion color. or something like that.

Edited by Duff
On 11/29/2019 at 10:42 PM, Ron said:

People suggest "sick" looking maps that are 95% of the time extremely poorly optimized and cannot handle 100+ players, let alone even 80.
Unfortunately, that is the reason a majority of server(s) use a very small pool of maps, and/or a fully custom coded map with optimization tailored for 120 players.

There has to be a balance of luxury, player interest, and most importantly heavy optimization.

Also, Garry's Mod content creators/mappers are few and far between these days; most have moved on to bigger and better things.

Ive made maps befor for friends and ive stoped a while back but ive always wanted to make more but about yhe thing people not making maps after a while its not as fun as when you started