Lack of FUN Events

Ket

Has anyone noticed the decline of interest or effort into events? I've never been a game master on the server and don't plan on it, and I know VIPs are able to suggest ideas into the game master section to help them but surely the ones who sign up to be a game master aren't just there to fill a quota riiiight?  I've seen so many bounty hunter events in the past 2 days that it's actually kind of annoying, same with encounters. Just because it's an encounter or event doesn't mean everyone needs to be attacked by Shlaboaka Fett for the 50th time or his 100 brothers and sisters of the clan. 

I also haven't seen many deployments happen either, if game masters want to meet their quota and actually make it enjoyable for the players involved, don't be scared to ask the BCMDs or high ranks of a battalion about cooking up a deployment with a few others, it's actually nice to see game masters go out of their way to carry out the job they signed up for. Not trying to seriously flame and I know the argument from game masters is going to be "we have an event idea section for a reason" but come on, there's more to the Star Wars universe than just bounty hunters and the CIS.

• Agree 1

There is nothing we can do about it tho. The only thing WE can do is rate the events, and give feedback. I can that events have gotten shittier since my days in 41st. Back then events were super fun. Now, people just need some new material, but that’s hard because now coming up with new ideas is hard . It’s just the times we are in

Former: Liaison

20 minutes ago, Pythin said:

There is nothing we can do about it tho. The only thing WE can do is rate the events, and give feedback. I can that events have gotten shittier since my days in 41st. Back then events were super fun. Now, people just need some new material, but that’s hard because now coming up with new ideas is hard . It’s just the times we are in

I get there's not much we can do, but SURELY people aren't just limited to randomly having CIS attack, usually deployments is where they shine, idk why there aren't at least a deployment for each batt during the week or over 2 weeks 

3 minutes ago, Ket said:

I get there's not much we can do, but SURELY people aren't just limited to randomly having CIS attack, usually deployments is where they shine, idk why there aren't at least a deployment for each batt during the week or over 2 weeks 

Because people have small pp brains. They can’t do that. I think what GM’s need to do is instead of trying to one up each other. Work with each other to come up with good events, and that way with more GM’s there can be bigger events, and have different things involved, but people won’t do that. Another thing is that main server events need to be way better. Problem is all the content is the same, so it is hard to come up with original ideas.

1 minute ago, Pythin said:

Because people have small pp brains. They can’t do that. I think what GM’s need to do is instead of trying to one up each other. Work with each other to come up with good events, and that way with more GM’s there can be bigger events, and have different things involved, but people won’t do that. Another thing is that main server events need to be way better. Problem is all the content is the same, so it is hard to come up with original ideas.

I think there are some fucking GOOD GMs, one of them being @Scribbles, if people just decided to use a few different resources like the fog tools, music, the NPC ranges as well as lore and creativity then we'd have some solid events, and yes, working together is a major part. Focus on quota > quality rn for some gay reason >:(

2 minutes ago, Ket said:

I think there are some fucking GOOD GMs, one of them being @Scribbles, if people just decided to use a few different resources like the fog tools, music, the NPC ranges as well as lore and creativity then we'd have some solid events, and yes, working together is a major part. Focus on quota > quality rn for some gay reason >:(

I agree. Their are great GM’s. Problem is... their isn’t a lot. People need to just focus on quality instead of quantity, yet they can’t ever happen. I use to be a GM, and I had some good ideas, but it gets to a point where you do a certian Number of good events, then events where to gotta reach quota. It’s really hard. 

@Ket
We all know you miss my events Ket, you goofball. I actually did two of them recently and plan to pop in and do some good deployments for the server, however do know my time is quite strained already lmao. also the GM program is being reformatted by Lighig and I, to help control the quality and the amount of events going on.

I will not fight for quality encounters, Encounters are there to honestly shoot some shit up or do some good old Passive RP, in all honesty. Encounters are not meant to be long at all, so the quality expectation in them shouldn't be high at all. it just gets the server to do something rather then afk or staring at a wall in bunks.

However the quality of the deployment or main server events for some Gamemasters could change in various ways all due to 

1) Lack of Gamehelpers (I know this for a fact myself)
2) The Quality in a Gamehelpers Roleplay skills
3)  A big opps that is made on the battalions (Such as killing someone of high value and importance and thus causing the GM to adapt, thus lowering the quality.)
4) Battalions not cooperating each other. (seen it happen before and they take it out on the event)
5) PASSIVE RP EVENTS NOT BEING PASSIVE (meaning that a good majority of troopers are blood thirsty and are eager to detain the closest living organism and put a blaster bolt into the skull rather than do some simple RP)

This are just some instances, not always the case but some, and i'm not saying all troopers are like this, however it is the case that the troopers that are, ruin it for others.

Main event servers always tend to have the problem of having some low quality events, it happens all the time just like with Endor, WHAT WOULD HELP GREATLY is if we get more various races and such to play as (twi'lek, Turgrota, etc.) but regardless, the GM's can only do so much before the appearance of an enemy before it becomes repititieve, the only thing that could make it interesting of course is the backstory and plot of the event, but I'm not going to bash the GM's extremely hard, cause most of their brain is fried from school, and you can't expect everything out of them. some of them lack motivation from the community or inspiration. 

But do know we are working hard with the new system fix the issue.

Also there was the same question of this in the "ASK THE STAFF" section of the forum page where i explained a good amount of the ongoings if you were interested in reading it.

• Funny 1

Retired:  OG of Synergy | Head Admin | Game Master Chief | Senior Attack and Defense Brigade Commander | #FirstCommanderAppToBeAcceptedOnTheForums.

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

@Ket
We all know you miss my events Ket, you goofball. I actually did two of them recently and plan to pop in and do some good deployments for the server, however do know my time is quite strained already lmao. also the GM program is being reformatted by Lighig and I, to help control the quality and the amount of events going on.

I will not fight for quality encounters, Encounters are there to honestly shoot some shit up or do some good old Passive RP, in all honesty. Encounters are not meant to be long at all, so the quality expectation in them shouldn't be high at all. it just gets the server to do something rather then afk or staring at a wall in bunks.

However the quality of the deployment or main server events for some Gamemasters could change in various ways all due to 

3)  A big opps that is made on the battalions (Such as killing someone of high value and importance and thus causing the GM to adapt, thus lowering the quality.)
4) Battalions not cooperating each other. (seen it happen before and they take it out on the event)
5) PASSIVE RP EVENTS NOT BEING PASSIVE (meaning that a good majority of troopers are blood thirsty and are eager to detain the closest living organism and put a blaster bolt into the skull rather than do some simple RP)

This are just some instances, not always the case but some, and i'm not saying all troopers are like this, however it is the case that the troopers that are, ruin it for others.

Main event servers always tend to have the problem of having some low quality events, it happens all the time just like with Endor, WHAT WOULD HELP GREATLY is if we get more various races and such to play as (twi'lek, Turgrota, etc.) but regardless, the GM's can only do so much before the appearance of an enemy before it becomes repititieve, the only thing that could make it interesting of course is the backstory and plot of the event, but I'm not going to bash the GM's extremely hard, cause most of their brain is fried from school, and you can't expect everything out of them. some of them lack motivation from the community or inspiration. 

Also there was the same question of this in the "ASK THE STAFF" section of the forum page where i explained a good amount of the ongoings if you were interested in reading it.

Thanks for the informative and actually defined answer. And yes I do miss being targeted by bombers on my turret ;( . And yes, it is both a player issue as well as a game master/staff issue, the recon guys are doing something spicy and good which is what I like, hopefully after that's done others will be motivated to do the same :^)

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

@Ket

Shut you stupid retard. Either way I agree with joe 

as well as saying it is really hard rn due with no new material. I promise once the update comes. New event ideas will be popping out, and it will be great. Hopefully. 

• Funny 1

I remember once Endor came out, the entire point of "Encounters" was so that patrols who were leaving the base would "encounter" something on the patrol. You couldn't attack the base and everything was regulated to the outside world. I feel like the change of this to basically a low-effort event with no feedback really fucked with things.

@Joe My honest question here is what happened with the old encounters? Why the change? Is it because people weren't leaving the base? You can't even rate them so the GM will never know if they did bad unless they're flamed in OOC for it, which is something I highly disagree with.

• Agree 2

The Reprehensible Ratio!

#RemoveJedi

#RenameRancorToARC

@Ratio

To be honest, I was never tracking that encounters were like that or used to be like that, I rejoined the server during the time of the Endor map and didn't go into the GM Program until later, However I can definitely bring this up with the GMM's and see what they have to say about it. as for the community being able to give feedback on encounters, I would have to talk with the HoD and see what he wants to do about it, cause that would either mean making an Encounter AAR which to me seems like way to much work for something that is suppose to be short and not really meaningful. But I'll look into it some more though, also Thank you for the concern and if you like, feel free to poke or PM me on TS or Discord if you have any other question, comments, or concerns, or I guess post them here? lmao.

• Agree 1

Retired:  OG of Synergy | Head Admin | Game Master Chief | Senior Attack and Defense Brigade Commander | #FirstCommanderAppToBeAcceptedOnTheForums.

1 hour ago, Ratio said:

Why the change?

I can probably answer a little bit of this.

Back when endor had encounters, the whole point of encounters were to get people to hop on EJ's to interact with players and have some fun, along with with the sith too. However it got to the point where people did not want to hop on jobs to do encounters as people themselves wanted to get involved, so it eventually grew to the point of the allowance of NPC's being used as encounters. 

It kept growing larger and larger till (I believe the rule was) you may make an encounter however you wish, as long as it didnt include a lore job. I.e Dooku, ventress etc. 

Correct me if im wrong though

Edited by Scribbles
Banned

Events will always be the same in some fashion

• Winner 1

Sanchez trembles at the mention of my name.

Just now, Sanchez Resident said:

Events= capitalism 

You all control quality of events in some way 
GRADE HARDER DONT BE EASY ON THEM I see 10/10 for super basic events come on guys manipulate the market 

My dudes if you feel it deserves what it deserves do it. Don't listen to this insolence that comes out of this mans mouth. jkjk He is right look on the grading system read the ratings compare them to the event and give it your opinion respone but reasonable. Although all my events were 10/10 @Sanchez Resident

Well most of us might not find it fun due to the fact that basically all events are going to have similarities in a way since basically most have you shoot shit in CY and that’s been a part of events since Endor, hell even on extensive they they were similar,  Newer people might find these fun, but people who have been here for a while start to get bored of them 

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

All I can honestly say is to grade events honestly using the chart posted at the bottom of AARs. Constructive feedback helps a ton when we're putting events out there. 

d9f249f35937db020ed6d92e3ba44fae.png

21 hours ago, Ket said:

don't be scared to ask the BCMDs or high ranks of a battalion about cooking up a deployment with a few others,

With regards to what you said there, I'll make a personal note of that. Feedback can be useful not just after events are completed but before they even begin as well. Finding out what those who will be participating are interested in doing at that time can prove incredibly helpful to structuring a deployment or even a main server event that will appeal to the audience. 
As a Game Master, it's our responsibility to adapt to the playerbase. It's similar to being a Dungeon Master in Dungeons and Dragons. Your players will, quite inevitably, fuck up your entire storyline. You need to find a balance between railroading and wasting hours of time on pointless ventures. 

I've got nothing to do with the upper management of changing the rules and such but I will heed the complaints here and try to at least work to improve my events as much as I can.

@Ket no need to fear Abeloth is here! 

I plan on doing at least 1 main prime time US event due to my work schedule and possibly a small - medium size encounter before then to get people ready. The lack of events and creativity is one of the reasons I joined back to help re spark the life into the GM program so expect a lot of fun events with some good time and planning into them. With lots of good side RP for everyone to do from ENG to EOD, TECH, medical etc. that is one thing a lot of people forget to do and include from what I have see. Everything is just shoot shoot ez pz republic wins but with my events trust me the republic won’t win or barley will 

Current: Kevin Colt leader of the Colt Crime Syndicate | Alpha-69 Dennis 

Former: BCMD Doom x3| Havoc Squad Brimstone x3 | Base Ops CMD | Delta Jedi | BCMD Colt | BCMD Bacara | Specialized Regimental Commander x2 | First Count Dooku and creator of the CIS | Rear Admiral Orson Krennic 

With the events ive done i've tried to do some fun ideas mainly relating to passive RP but I understand alot of people like passives that result in shoot em ups. Instead of pushing out events I try to come up with a good idea for it or just not do it, however when any GM does do an event and nobody leaves feedback, there is no way to know if people enjoyed that type of event or if it was disliked by everyone due the general idea or just its execution. Also when you give feedback don't give just a number, a sentence or two explaining your feedback is extremely helpful. Sorry if this comes off in a negative manner, I do agree with you on the lack of events, hopefully with the new system that was put in place there will be more events, but as I know right now theres not exactly a quality control over events.

Mainly due to lack of ideas, IMO. If you think of a reasonable event, it's probably already been done already and "shoot em ups" are just a cancerous as some "role play" events. Lack of ideas will lead to bad events, and then bad execution. 

Most go with easy events like shoot em ups and role plays because its easy to fall back on.

I myself wasn't a good GM back in the day, but I took some ideas from the event suggestion and built on one. Im not sure if the post exists anymore but you get idea. While most of the event suggestions are kinda meh, there are some good ones that can be worked with. 

Main server events, generally are just straight cancer because of the population and lack of new ideas, event server events can be great given the time and execution of the event.  

8 hours ago, Lucky said:

VIP gamemasters is still an option XD

We have any issue with staff right now, and you think that giving non-staff, staff powers is the best choice. do realize how that doesn't work?  

If players have an idea for an event they can bring it to a gamemaster.

1. Give actual feedback on the AAR -- No feedback, no way GMs can improve.

2. If you have good ideas, share it with a GM and get it to happen. You'll still receive credit for the idea.

3. A lot goes into making an event. It takes a lot of time to set up, and so many things can go wrong at anytime -- especially with more people involved.

4. GM attempts to RP --> People don't RP and get mad. GM attempts shoot em up --> People get bored and say quality of events go down. Damn if you do, damn if you don't. Kind of goes back to point 1, Solid feedback is needed.

5. We just gained a new wave of GH/GMs that are very promising -- as well as myself, we will create higher quality events.

If there's anything else you can think of that can help the situation, please share!

• Winner 1

"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end." 

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZTMETl7Ga0&list=PL5Og0VYg8k2TnPDvarJa9Ijipx7W0Or0x