Temp map Change

McFisher

Name: McFisher

RP Rank: COL

Suggestion: I Don't Know If People Will Or Wont like This. Personally I really want this, and so does all of base ops. I've heard some people do and some don't but I might as well see what the people want. so we've been on this endor map for around 6 months, since December as I know of. we swapped maps for around 1-2 weeks. and when we swap to jimbos map, we will be on that for around 6-7 months id say. so that's a whole year being on a ground map. I feel like a change for a little bit would be good. events are becoming repetitive, the same things happen etc. so I think we should lift of the ground and move up to a Space/Ship map, such as Extensive Or SLG. Now I'm not sure as SLG has IFN Content, but I'm pretty sure it all came from the workshop. still, I know it will be shitty for sith, and it would increase or event deployments, increase rp and make more original things happen. now as I've said, I'm not sure if people wanna change. some do. some don't. I just wanna know if people don't wanna change, or if they do, they can here. and there's no way we wouldn't change map if no one did this. so yeah. Sorry if yall really don't want it. just seeing if the community wants a bit of variety. I also know we will be on it for like 2 months, but it will be better than sitting around waiting. 

Implementation: changing the map for some variety.

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1619909280&searchtext=SLG+Venator

*Edit*
Lore wise It Makes More Sense aswell. in TCW, there was more Ship Battle, Space Battles Etc Than The Republic, On endor, being attacked by sith

Edited by McFisher

Imagine Putting Your Old Ranks And Roles In Your Bio

I Went from Mas Amedda and VA to Blacklisted from every single thing except CT and Jedi :)

4 minutes ago, Anders0n said:

-1 Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope.... please good no... I  H A T  E  SLG. I get people have good memories on there, but its pure shit. It looks horrible and I believe the performance side of stuff was horrible. 

I only linked SLG cus it was the only one I could find and had a little something for the sith. but as carvis said, any ship map would do though just for a change for like 2 months

I Went from Mas Amedda and VA to Blacklisted from every single thing except CT and Jedi :)

Just now, Nightmare said:

-1 Listen I know not everyone likes it but it has everything for BO, Jedi, Sith, and other battalions, we got like 2 months I think we can survive it.  These map changes are starting to get on my nerves

agree with this -1

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

-1 Listen I know not everyone likes it but it has everything for BO, Jedi, Sith, and other battalions, we got like 2 months I think we can survive it.  These map changes are starting to get on my nerves

It has 2 gates for BO, I mean if we count it up, this maps good for recon. ships are good for BO, Support Batt, and does the same for ATK batts. its only good for the sith and jedi

10 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

let’s be real when we had the extensive venator Naval numbers where through the roof.

1 hour ago, McFisher said:

It has 2 gates for BO, I mean if we count it up, this maps good for recon. ships are good for BO, Support Batt, and does the same for ATK batts. its only good for the sith and jedi

You guys have the main base, Alpha, Bravo there are so much RP and creative things you can do with this map I can't believe somebody didn't step up and do innovative things. This is Gmod try to do creative things and then maybe there might be a spike in BO numbers

Just now, Nightmare said:

You guys have the main base, Alpha, Bravo there are so much RP and creative things you can do with this map I can't believe somebody didn't step up and do innovative things. This is Gmod try to do creative things and then maybe there might be a spike in BO numbers

No matter what we do though, Naval Will Be better Than Base Ops. Easy

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, McFisher said:

No matter what we do though, Naval Will Be better Than Base Ops. Easy 

That's true but there has been many a time when Naval were inactive but still you've got to think of the rest of the server as it would cause issues with the sith yet again battalions have less to do Jedi have a nice planet but I am not sharing that with the Sith

38 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I agree with this. -1

52946061-6923-4AFC-AEBA-9E28ED2BA75D-5.g

-1 I honestly feel like the benefits in terms of Main Server events being actually fun and main server RP being a thing is way more enjoyable than having a ship with pretty much nothing to do for Recon, Jedi, Sith and game masters. The only people I see benefiting from a Venator are Naval who are a pretty dang small group honestly.

1 hour ago, Alexz said:

-1 we were on a ship for longer before we got our ground maps. A space station would be cooler then a ship though tbf

Yo this might be the first time I actual agree with Alexz.

Ship maps are very repetitive event wise because of the small size of the ship there’s only so many things you can do!

A large space station map would change things up and change the dynamic of RP (Ventator event server deployments for space battles would be dope)

imagine running a border station that has equal amount of civilian, military and diplomatic traffic. (Public space port area for with/EJs to wander and make main server events accessible to all factions, ventilations tunnels, military section, etc)

tl;dr really like the idea of a space station more than Ship.

• Winner 1
2 hours ago, ttv.TheMedicTV said:

Son let me explain to you something about being on a ship....you'll get bored in about 2 weeks. Ship events are always boring and trash.

fml I actually enjoy ship events.

+1 I hate this map, even though this is 100% going to get denied LOL.

Edited by Brem
50 minutes ago, Carter said:

Ship maps are very repetitive event wise because of the small size of the ship there’s only so many things you can do!

A large space station map would change things up and change the dynamic of RP (Ventator event server deployments for space battles would be dope)

imagine running a border station that has equal amount of civilian, military and diplomatic traffic. (Public space port area for with/EJs to wander and make main server events accessible to all factions, ventilations tunnels, military section, etc)

Time to make that space station happen lets go boyos

• Agree 1

I was in Dooms Unit for a little while.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Well I would Never

+1 

I want Gm_Construct

I also agree with others, but the Jania map was big and all, but every time events got too big. if fucking C R A S H E D.

I just want a map that cool, and is fit with everyone, but it’s gonna take some looking. I just hope that Jimbo and can get that map out sooner, but hey. Gods take time

Edited by Pythin

Former: Liaison

2 hours ago, Carter said:

Come on Carterrrr I bet there has been something before but for real I guarantee you would increase server traction if you had a space station because no other server does it. It also adds something unique to Synergy that gives people on the server more to do that can be original. I would be impressed though if a map like that exists on gmod since I’ve never seen one. Just food for thought for people looking for a new map.

Tough it out. Ship events are doo doo. And although we may have been here for a while. It gives a hell of a lot more to do than any ship map.

Atleast there can be consistent encounters on an open map. Vehichle trainings can't be hosted on a ship map (other than pilot trainings). But moving to a ship map pretty much takes away the appealing buffs of 104th, 41st, and 91st.

Also, it's not the lack of opportunity for people to do stuff on this map, it's people's lack of initiative to do so.

You have to remember that Base ops is a small group on this server. A switch that pretty much only benefits Base Ops / naval as @Llama/Yoda said, is detrimental to the rest of the branches on the server. A switch to a ship map will leave a majority of other branches with jack shit to do. Everybody is effected by a map change.

• Friendly 1

327th Papa

spacer.png

Attack Regimental x1

Bly x2

Venator maps are fucking trash. All the events are the fucking same are it gets boring after like 1 or 2 weeks.

You won't be able to please everyone, no matter what map you choose. Some group of people are always going to complain about some about the map.

The Endor or whatever base is fine for right now. Suck it up buttercup.

• Funny 1