Better NPC Weapon Variety/Balance

[ - Name - ] 104th PLTO CSM Keldeo104th Jedi G ACE KoC Commander Kellyn

[ - Suggestion - ] New NPC Weapons

[ - Implementation - ] As it stands at the moment, there is little weapon variety when it comes to the NPC Spawning. You have the regular E-5 SMG Blaster Rifle, the T-21 Machine Gun, the standard Republic Weapons, and that's about it. As such, you don't get much variety with them.

Just recently I saw Avavel post a suggestion for new Droid Models and NPCs. I myself was going to suggest them along with a new Star Wars NPC Weapon Pack. It was created by a good friend of mine, and I've been testing it about as long as it has existed. The weapons are much more balanced and lore accurate, as well as having a massive variety of weapons to choose from. It would pair well and bring a bit more life to the battles.

[ - Lore - ] Standard Weaponry Used During the Clone Wars

[ - Workshop Content - ] 
     - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727905714
          You can see from the page the wide assortment of available weapons at the Gamemaster's Disposal, from a wide array of Clone Weapons, to Droid Weapons including things such as Magnaguard/Shock Trooper Shock Staffs. A good number of the Required Items are not even really needed for the Addon itself to function (such as V-Fire or iNPC). Things that are needed could simply be added to a content pack, as is the usual Server Tradition.

8 hours ago, Sanchez Resident said:

I agree that new NPC"s can be very beneficial but, honestly weapons arent that big of a concern and its more of how you use the npc's and there placement Neutral 

Yes but as you know with the current system. Or NPC’s have a weapon range on which they can fire, so a majority of clones sit back and snipe everyone out of range. These weapons have infinite range. It will make events more immersive and you won’t need as many NPC’s 

+1

I would +1, but the addon itself is 89 MB along with all of the required items. I understand some may not be needed but even with that it's still very large and we don't have the rights to repackage these addons without risking a DCMA Takedown. Neutral until these issues are addressed.

3 minutes ago, [SR] Clank [NA] said:

I would +1, but the addon itself is 89 MB along with all of the required items. I understand some may not be needed but even with that it's still very large and we don't have the rights to repackage these addons without risking a DCMA Takedown. Neutral until these issues are addressed.

spacer.png

(Taken from the required Z-6 Addon)

• Retired Founder

I would like to point out, that whilst the damage from the NPCs is low, but that's to accommodate newer players that don't have max skills like some of the older players do.

However, +1 for a variety :) 

17 minutes ago, GM-3022 Havok said:

oh god, imagine NPCs with flamethrowers, or Z6's with perfect accuracy? Or worse yet..... An army of B2s armed with rocket launchers?

+1

You know we can do that already. However the weapons drop if they die

+1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

What Clank said, -1 also all these weapons are already in the NPC Tool & The Clone weapons are just kinda dumb considering we dont use friendly NPC's often times. Not to mention all the other content you need to have as it states on the right side.

Edited by Josh Schneider

I am aware that it is possible to give them weapons via the NPC Spawner Tools. However, most of those weapons were not made with NPC usage in mind at all, and thus when used in that way they end up buggy and sometimes just don't even work.

And again, if they reupload other content that specifically states it shouldn't be reuploaded, if this is added they will likely do the same. I brought up the same concern but it was glossed over.

• 3 months later...
  • Founder
Founder

Unfortunately this suggestion is going to have to be denied due to the massive file size as well as other file requirements that are needed in order for this addon to operate correctly.