Handheld Radio

Piff

Name: Piff

Suggestion: Adding a Handheld radio which can be used to change frequency’s to communicate with other people around the base as well with other battalions without being in their Teamspeak and for other RP reasons.

Implementation: Basically like I said, it is a radio device that the frequency can be changed and adjusted to a certain frequency so whatever the frequency is that is needed to be on for example to communicate with BCC or other battalions during a mission of command during a deployment, you could change to that frequency for that time and than just turn the radio off when it’s not needed. It would be something better than always typing and chat and looking in it, instead you could have for example a event job say go on this certain frequency and communicate from there, maybe something for the sith to do is to infiltrate republic frequency’s and leach information. It can be used for various other things as well. There could also be assigned radio frequencies for things like ATC, BCC Gate control, Communicating with shock, etc.

Lore: None

Workshop content if applicable:

I didn’t find any workshop things that would suit this that well but i did find something on the GMod Store

https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/5478

Edited by Papa Piff
  • Agree 1

“I’m not toxic, It’s just hard not to treat you like an idiot” ~ Logic

spacer.png

-1 it’s just gonna be abused and toxic

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Changing how we use comms is something that could take the server to another level of realistic RP. This could drastically help with communication in events by allowing unit leaders or even battalion commanders to communicate and coordinate their movements without having to completely remove themselves from talking with their men by changing teamspeak channels. Also you wont have the increased chaos of having multiple battalions in one teamspeak channel even if they have strict battle comms. We  could actually move and function like real military units instead of a horde of autistic children sprinting at what ever they want. Further more there was a similar suggestion using a different plugin on the Gmod store that used teamspeak, this addon would eliminate the issues other people had with that previous plugin as it wouldn't take over our teamspeak. I cant +1 this any harder, I think its time we added something to help move the server forward.

+1

• Disagree 1

When I was over at IFN MRP, it wasn’t usually AIDS on the radio regardless of how many minges were on the server, we were able to adjust the radio frequency to our own liking, so the Base Ops can do that as well, which yes it might be abused a few times but at the same time you can deal with those people who are minging and spamming the radio, and I also don’t think a radio will cause lag XD, it’s literally something being used for VC, and as well mic spamming doesn’t even happen that often on the server, and new players won’t even know how to work it if I’m being honest. And it’s not like the people around them can’t hear them speaking, they can still be heard out loud, so they wouldn’t just be heard on the radio but on radio and surrounding areas, so staff could easily deal with mic spammers.

• Agree 1

spacer.png

You mean that whackass radio that Icefuse used to have way back in the day? When I first joined I had no fookin clue of how to use that thing and my ears were constantly being raped until I finally found someone nice enough to tell me how to disable it. If we do add it  then it should be disabled by default. Also it should be integrated into the commlink thing that everyone has for immersion purposes.

+/- Neutral

Edited by GM-3022 Havok
7 minutes ago, Yung Kanna said:

Neutral
The idea is pretty cool, but the frequency should be randomized at first, so that the CC and CT's don't get their ears destroyed as soon as they join the server.

The frequency can be changed like I said, that’s what makes it better and like said before prevents meta gaming, also the radio shouldn’t be on unless you turn it on yourself, so that shouldn’t be an issue for CT’s/CC’s

24 minutes ago, GM-3022 Havok said:

You mean that whackass radio that Icefuse used to have way back in the day? When I first joined I had no fookin clue of how to use that thing and my ears were constantly being raped until I finally found someone nice enough to tell me how to disable it. If we do add it  then it should be disabled by default. Also it should be integrated into the commlink thing that everyone has for immersion purposes.

+/- Neutral

And it’s a different one than the one Icefuse has, they have a shitty one, I went through and searched for a good one that the frequency could be changed At any time, so it doesn’t always have to be on one frequency and can be changed at any time. Also you can change to a certain frequency and if you don’t have a mic, you can use the actual chat but it will be assigned to the frequency chat so only people on the same frequency can see the radio chat for that frequency 

Edited by Papa Piff

spacer.png

I also recommend actually looking at the link for the radio because it gives a lot more detail and some things to expect in the future from the radio like radio jamming and frequency intercepting

spacer.png

Honestly. Different frequencies would be neat. 

/radio already exists in the server as text chat, and you can set different frequencies for secure chat and comms. Not a lot of people know this. 

+1  This is just the voice version of the text we already have. 
Because whenever there's a mis-communication, people say they never read chat and end up looking like fucking retards. Maybe this will get through rather than forgetting to read chat. 

Just be wary as if you look at the comments, it tends to be weird when configuring it apparently. 

And for people who say "Lag", literally just cleared up a huge chunk of data with the removal of a lot of old models. 

However if this causes problems in the test server it will get removed.  

Edited by Scribbles

+1 will allow your battalion to talk in Teamspeak and allow the leads of battalions to talk to each other in-game so you don't have to do /comms anymore + the game masters can interrogate someone for the radio freq and listen to the comms without rping that they don't see it in chat