Recon Commander Grum Report

RP Name: TRO 187th MEDL WO Hayley

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:90950366

Suspected Player's Name: Recon Commander Grum

Suspected Player's Steam ID (If applicable): Couldn't get it as he left the server.

Rule Suspected Player Broke: Made a false AOS/Abused his power

Explain to us what happened: Technodad was doing his PTS that he got granted during a debrief. Technodad was talking in character the whole time, and was then arrested for FAILRP. Grum made an AOS on him, because he apparantly had too long of a PTS.  I then went to higher ups and asked them what the rules for a PTS are. I was told there is no time limit, and it is not FAILRP if the PTS is in character and is relevant to the situation.

Evidence (If applicable): May ask anyone on the server/Check public arrest logs/Ask Shock

Banned
Just now, Alexz said:

I think whatever happened has been resolved or is in the process of being resolved because I saw that they just opened recon reg position. @Carter I think you may know more about this. It seems Grum is no longer Recon Reg.

Grum is still recon reg its just his term is nearing its end. 

Also, I think this was blown way out of proportion. 

r4ymo.gif

14 minutes ago, Hayley said:

Couldn't get it as he left the server.

The weird part is he left right after this went down. I am cautious and will remain neutral till I hear more of what happened. This is very vague on what happened and I would like to hear from more people before I vote and also why he dc'd right after the issue happened.

7 minutes ago, Hayley said:

The PTS wasn't useless. He was talking in character, never once did he go out of character. The PTS was useful.

just because something is in character, doesn't mean it isn't useless and wasting everyone's time

Sitting there and listening to someone drone on for 15 minutes about things entirely unrelated to the event and going on several different tangents while doing it, is NOT useful and is almost the definition of a useless PTS.

I actually don't think this was a misunderstanding but was also just kind of a jerk move.

Edited by Egg
Further explanation of my points
  • Agree 7

For honest opinion if someone thinks their is abuse of power they should be able to express themselves on the forums things dont change unless someone says something regardless of the outcome just hating on something is not right.  Also for a pure fact in regards to technodads pts I was there he was in character and he talked about the event pointing out pros and cons.  If that isnt what a debrief is for then i guess people just want a promo ceremony then.

In no way am I trying to get him removed. I did not see him online, on the server. So I made a report, as this needs to be dealt with. If there are certain rules about a length of time in debrief that no one but a few are aware of, there is some sort of miscommunication here. And it needs to be made clear. I do not believe making a report was out of proportion. I as a player have the right to report, that's why there is a tab for it on the forums right?

And people saying Technodad does this on purpose? I don't think so, he was talking about the pros and cons of the event/troopers, this was all relevant to the situation. What happens if one day I do a long PTS because I have a lot to say? Will I get arrested for FAILRP?

Edited by Hayley
Just now, Hayley said:

In no way am I trying to get him removed. I did not see him online, on the server. So I made a report, as this needs to be dealt with. If there are certain rules about a length of time in debrief that no one but a few are aware of, there is some sort of miscommunication here. And it needs to be made clear. I do not believe making a report was out of proportion. I as a player have the right to report, that's why there is a tab for it on the forums right?

I do agree you having the right but you couldve either waited next day to talk to him as well as you couldv spoken to HC if they were on about the situation instead of resorting to a Report. I do not mind you making a report I just dont mind the fact that you didnt try other ways of resolving the situation but instead instantly doing a commander report!

4 minutes ago, Hayley said:

And people saying Technodad does this on purpose? I don't think so, he was talking about the pros and cons of the event/troopers, this was all relevant to the situation. What happens if one day I do a long PTS because I have a lot to say? Will I get arrested for FAILRP?

fyi hes on rn

Just because you don't want to listen to what Technodad says doesn't make it useless. 99% of the time, he says: Facts, things from experience,  pointing out the good and bad that he saw during the event, giving info on how some stuff could have been done better/differently, bringing up some points that when looked at are actually decent.

Technodad doesn't go up there to waste your time on purpose, he is trying to enlighten people as he has a whole lot of years both with GMod Star wars and actual Star Wars lore, he is even able to bring up tiny bits of lore info that are true but you'd think twice because it's such obscure information.

Honestly, if you can't stand Technodad, then just AFK. He is fully acting properly and within the limits of using his PTS at a Debrief; Considering his PTS' are way more thoughtful that 9/10 other people.

As far as the report itself, I see it as a Regimental Commander misusing his power and judging a situation wrongly. Can only assume that due to logging off right after that it was the end of the night for him and he just couldn't stand hearing Technodad blabber on so he arrested him from possible stress or thinking nothing of it. Of course, this is my own assumption and may be wrong.

• Agree 1
  • Winner 3
  • Retired Founder

This was a simple misunderstanding and miscommunication between Grum, Neyo, and Technodad, There is no punishment needed, just a simple clarification of actions.

This is closed and locked.

• Agree 2
  • Winner 1