Make Rockets actually useful

Nade Jones

Name: Nade

Suggestion: Make Rockets actually useful

Implementation: A number of ways, First of all I just want to say that today we fired 114 rockets at a single frigate during an event, it took a couple of minutes then gamemaster just flew the frigates away because we ran out of rockets, I like the whole "blasters shouldn't damage the ships" rule although for it to work it should all rocket based weapons need a  buff, theres no real point to them if a CIS tank spawns its not even worth switching to a rocket because by the time you do it will already be down, and as for frigates as I've said you need over 120+ish to destroy a frigate which is ridiculous, I think the rockets should be buffed in damage and a rule should be placed so they can only be used on vehicles and frigates and not regular droid infantry to keep it balanced.

Lore: I mean pretty sure rockets were used on vehicles and not so much on frigates but since we can't shoot them with blasters its all we have.

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

Just now, Fizzik said:

The ship was probably a prop lol.

I don't think it was it moved when hit

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561

Former: Commander Cody (x2), ATK Regimental Commander, SOBDE Regimental Commander, 212th XO, Omega Squad Lead Niner, Foxtrot XO, General Kenobi, HA (x2) TRM, GMM, RUS MP Commander 

Your hand-held rockets wouldn't do anything to a Frigate regardless. Even the firepower of Frigates against other frigates takes a few shots to take them down, specially with shields. Pertaining to lore, blaster fire or any Trooper-based attack at that, has always been futile against Frigates. People just shoot at it because within the realm of being a game you can do damage but because that's how the game is designed.

I do believe that if you freeze the Frigate then it becomes immune to damage so that may have been a part of it but not too sure anymore (I've seen it happen a few times but perhaps fixed now or different circumstances).

I would add to the suggestion that usage of rockets against anything but vehicles/frigate should also result in an immediate FailRP+Arrest then if they are to be buffed because they can't take down frigates (which they really shouldn't be able to do.) but enforcing this will be difficult. You will waste minutes yelling "Who shot that rocket" and everyone just looking the other way.

Have to also take into account the size of the Frigate - it is not accurate to the vehicle that is spawned on the server. To get a better representation, go into Singleplayer and put the Frigate in the Skybox then look at it from the ground. If you still think hand-held rockets could bring that down, specially with a shield, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm neutral on the vote, result would rely on a Director commenting if they will encourage rockets being only used against vehicles and approve the punishing of people who fail to follow such rule(s) or Nade stating within his suggestion this to make it a part of it.

Neutral.

Edit: Frigate for scale - 35fb5c53600e7652908d9a7d9024ec19.jpg

Galactic Marine boarding for scale -1815a1fe61e6f09283aa23d60737fd95.jpg

Edited by Zyner
  • Agree 3
  • Winner 1
Banned

+1 Good luck

Sanchez trembles at the mention of my name.

You know, its a good idea to actually put what kind of buff you want for rockets instead of just putting a suggestion to buff rockets.

Personally, IMO I think rockets should do 1000 damage per shot. (Its a fookin rocket dude)

But for concerns about the server and game balance, I think it should do the actual 400 damage it says it does. I shot a group of NPCs and the damage numbers said 150 maximum, like why are the stats lying? It should deal 800 damage on a direct hit and 400 in a radius this way a group of goddamn b1s who are supposed to be weak AF don't tank a goddamn ROCKET. Also makes them actually useful against tanks and armored vehicles.

8 minutes ago, GM-3022 Havok said:

You know, its a good idea to actually put what kind of buff you want for rockets instead of just putting a suggestion to buff rockets.

Personally, IMO I think rockets should do 1000 damage per shot. (Its a fookin rocket dude)

But for concerns about the server and game balance, I think it should do the actual 400 damage it says it does. I shot a group of NPCs and the damage numbers said 150 maximum, like why are the stats lying? It should deal 800 damage on a direct hit and 400 in a radius this way a group of goddamn b1s who are supposed to be weak AF don't tank a goddamn ROCKET. Also makes them actually useful against tanks and armored vehicles.

I get you but you should leave the stats to those who know what to do with them, I'm no expert I'm just raising the issue.

tenor.gif?itemid=6231561