Slightly raise Jetpack Speed

Marion

Name: Marion

Suggestion: So the jetpacks got nerfed in the latest update, which I think most of us agree was needed. However, I feel like they've been nerfed too much. It shouldn't be a multi-attempt challenge to get on top of the walls, or impossible to get up the hills. Recovery from stalling out at a height is nearly impossible. Talking to a couple other people who have been playing with the Jetpacks since the update, the consensus is to pretty much buff the Jetpacks to some kind of in-between point of the old and new Jetpacks.

Implementation: Just slightly reverse what was done to bring them down for the update.

Lore: Jetpacks were capable of flying to great heights with relative ease. Episode III and the events of the Clone Wars show demonstrated this.

Workshop content if applicable: N/A
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Change Jetpacks
(Any job modification requires all this information)

Job: All troopers with Jetpacks

Slots:  N/A

Pay: N/A

Description: N/A

Model: N/A
(Provide the model string if on server Ex. models/player/synergy/cblake/ls_squad/ls_trp/lstrp.mdl (Get this from the Q menu))

Weapons:   N/A                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          (If you want a modfication to a weapon/saber you must put the weapon string in the suggestion. Ex. tfa_e5 (Get this from the Q menu)) 

Other: N/A

• Agree 1

+1 I agree with reducing them, but at this point, trying to get on top of high places (the primary purpose of the jetpack) is far too difficult to accomplish. I don't know if you can change the up and down speed separate from the directional speed, if so it would help just to raise it.

Just now, Baxter said:

The Jet Packs were so fucking annoying. We don't need people zipping across the map like Sonic again please.

Which is why I said strike a balance. They are borderline useless right now, which takes away from those who chose to specialize in that.

-1 The jetpack is fine right now. If it is taking you multi-attempts to get on a wall I think you just need to learn how to use the new jetpack. In-between the new and old jetpacks would still be overpowered and fast as fuck. spacer.png

13 minutes ago, Marion said:

It shouldn't be a multi-attempt challenge to get on top of the walls, or impossible to get up the hills. Recovery from stalling out at a height is nearly impossible. 

2 minutes ago, [SR] Greek [SA] said:

-1 The jetpack is fine right now. If it is taking you multi-attempts to get on a wall I think you just need to learn how to use the new jetpack. In-between the new and old jetpacks would still be overpowered and fast as fuck. spacer.png

Have you tried using them? If not, then you don't get the point. They have effectively no vertical mobility which is what a Jetpack is designed for

+1 I agree that they were overpowered before, but like he said, it’s nearly impossible to get up the hills and to high places that can offer good overwatch points, which is what jet troopers have chosen to specialize in. Every jet trooper I’ve talked to has said the same.

-1 Hi, Prominent Jetpack user here. Jetpack is basically fine at the current moment. You just need  to aim for slopes in the ground to get to higher up areas. It actually requires skill to use now and cant go super fuckin fast unless you know how to actually use the source engine to your advantage 

Edited by Snadvich
  • Agree 1

So a big point in all this is when you take into account events. Sure you can EVENTUALLY get somewhere. But during the pace of an event when you need to get overwatch or to high ground quickly, you're more likely to die in the process or be irrelevant by the time you get there.

4 minutes ago, Marion said:

Have you tried using them? If not, then you don't get the point. They have effectively no vertical mobility which is what a Jetpack is designed for

5 minutes ago, Marion said:

Yes I have tried using them and "no vertical mobility"? The vertical mobility is fine you just have to be skilled to use it now and if you hit a hill correctly you can hit some good speed. Also how can you not get on a wall you just go over the wall and press s let go of your space for a bit and then hold space again so you take no fall damage. 

• Agree 1

-1 I used to abuse jetpacks while using the flamethrower to the point where sith with force leap couldn't outrun me because I would just fly right behind them with it. also it took me like 5 seconds how to figure out how to use them its not hard

+1

it might be possible to use the jetpacks now, but it's not fun. Everyone agrees that the old ones were way too op, but these got nerfed a little too hard. 

• Winner 2

|Longest Serving Attack Regimental Commander||Thigh High Connoisseur|

j5VeS9D.jpg

• Retired Founder

Jetpacks aren't items that are meant to keep you airborne 24/7. They're meant to propel you in a direction in which you get to in a short instance. as refrenced by all clone wars episodes. You can hover with them. etc/ but they always quickly fall back to the ground. This is denied.

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 2