Reconnaissance Droid

Name: CFN

Suggestion: Reconnaissance Droid

Implementation: Can he used by Recon Battalions or maybe even Naval, sometimes attack on deployments. It is a droid sent out who can scout areas. Made by the people who made the Holocomms.

Lore: The Arakyd Industries R-4 recon droids[1] were equipped with a repulsorlift for propulsion and was armed with a blaster. In addition to this, these units were also equipped with an internal orbital strike beacon that could be activated remotely by the droid's owner. This beacon could call upon a small orbital strikefrom any ally starships in orbit. The device required a few seconds to power up, but the R-4 was completely mobile even when it was activated, allowing it to evade incoming blaster shots from enemies during the time it is activated.

Workshop content if applicable: 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1665149066&searchtext=Gone+droids

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1665149066&searchtext=Gone+droids
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Management
Management

Why send a droid to do a Clones job. If I was a Recon Battalion I would be like hell no if they suggested a droid to go do my job. 

• Agree 2

ezgif-4-6f1b17d05a.gif

i am literally captain tukk

the idea is kinda cool. If it had a timer to how long it could be in the air would make it a bit better and more fair for all my recon battalions but i do agree with everyone else, there is no model for it but a block. Also with that being added in, it completely counteracts all the recon battalions. For example, if that is added, you no longer need to send a recon battalion in to gain information and scout when all you have to do is send the attack battalions in, give one person that block and call it a day. That takes all the fun of learning stealth and how to scout away. Also if you are going to make a suggestion to add or change something to a battalion or an entire specialization, you REALLY need to speak to the one leading it (Me or any of my bcmds along with naval) before you even think about posting the suggestion.

3 minutes ago, Grum said:

the idea is kinda cool. If it had a timer to how long it could be in the air would make it a bit better and more fair for all my recon battalions but i do agree with everyone else, there is no model for it but a block. Also with that being added in, it completely counteracts all the recon battalions. For example, if that is added, you no longer need to send a recon battalion in to gain information and scout when all you have to do is send the attack battalions in, give one person that block and call it a day. That takes all the fun of learning stealth and how to scout away. Also if you are going to make a suggestion to add or change something to a battalion or an entire specialization, you REALLY need to speak to the one leading it (Me or any of my bcmds along with naval) before you even think about posting the suggestion.

This is not for recon,, it can be used by recon, so I didn’t ask

-1 I like the idea, it would certainly be a lot cooler if it looked like the droid from ATOC that brought those slimy poisonous Kouhuns to assassinate Padme.  At the moment though the addon looks very unfinished and might I say rushed.  Maybe if devs are willing to try something with it, but I just doubt anything like this will work well, now that were going to be on a Venator for a while!  Apologies!

People Who Put Their Former Ranks In Their Signature Are Idiots!

spacer.png
Community Liaison - Discord Boo Radley#2719

Feel free to message me if you're having any issues!

-1, We have Recon Battalions for that job. No use to replacing what they literally do.

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope