New Talking Method

Name: CrazyFastNight

Suggestion: Implement a new way of talking such as GSpeak

Implementation: So this May sound dumb but listen, we all know Gmod audio sucks and I’d you think it doesn’t you are lying to yourself. Delays ruin roleplay, audio levels hurt ears let’s fix it. I have been playing a lot of arma with my boy Max lately, and they use Task Force radio but that doesn’t work for Gmod. But there is a thing called GSpeak where we all are in the same channel of teamspeak and it detects when someone is near you. If you want to talk to your battalion, we can implement radios. 

Lore: Mouths were made to speak

Workshop content if applicable: 

https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/1656

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=635535045
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

• Agree 2
16 minutes ago, Regional said:

My ears don't hurt when people talk to me ever. 

And my battalion/everyone else uses teamspeak to talk to eachother :/ 

I'm not trying to fuck with a in game radio to say the same shit in TS

Same -1

3 hours ago, Regional said:

My ears don't hurt when people talk to me ever. 

And my battalion/everyone else uses teamspeak to talk to eachother :/ 

I'm not trying to fuck with a in game radio to say the same shit in TS

If you took ten seconds to look at what he linked you would see that it literally uses team speak as in game voice. It basically allows us to use teamspeak for everything it makes our life easier.

2 hours ago, OneNiner6719 said:

-1 would kinda ruin teamspeak comms, and also gmod is getting updates over time, which will update the voice codec, kinda defeating the purpose of this.

There is literally nothing to confirm what you've stated anywhere. 

Lastly this gets a massive +1 from me. This can lead to increased RP where battalions have to actually use radio comms, similarly to task force radio in arma 3. Lastly it provides the way better audio quality of teamspeak vs garrys mod shit voice comms.

• Winner 1

Okay I finally understand the suggestion but its a -1 from me chief.

If we have to delete all of the battalion channels to do this, I instantly disagree because we need those channels and sub channels for a multitude of reasons:

Trainings

Tryouts

Private conversations

Meetings

Also trading teamspeak channels for radio comms is way less secure because say you want to have a private conversation or private meeting with someone. Anyone can join that radio channel and listen in or disrupt the meeting because there's no password protection/talk power restrictions stopping them from doing so.

its not the Gmod audio that sucks its the quality of the mics that some people have that people are annoyed by. This doesn't fix the problem. If someone has a shit mic you're gonna hear a shit mic regardless of what audio system you use.

I refuse to give up the convenience of password-protected battalion teamspeak channels for way less secure in-game radios. 

5 hours ago, OneNiner6719 said:

-1 would kinda ruin teamspeak comms, and also gmod is getting updates over time, which will update the voice codec, kinda defeating the purpose of this.

Idk if you've realized it but Gmod is not gonna update their voice codec. They had the chance for years, but they just don'y want to. xD 

Peaaaaaace

37 minutes ago, GM-3022 Havok said:

Okay I finally understand the suggestion but its a -1 from me chief.

If we have to delete all of the battalion channels to do this, I instantly disagree because we need those channels and sub channels for a multitude of reasons:

Trainings

Tryouts

Private conversations

Meetings

Also trading teamspeak channels for radio comms is way less secure because say you want to have a private conversation or private meeting with someone. Anyone can join that radio channel and listen in or disrupt the meeting because there's no password protection/talk power restrictions stopping them from doing so.

its not the Gmod audio that sucks its the quality of the mics that some people have that people are annoyed by. This doesn't fix the problem. If someone has a shit mic you're gonna hear a shit mic regardless of what audio system you use.

I refuse to give up the convenience of password-protected battalion teamspeak channels for way less secure in-game radios. 

From what I've read you wouldn't have to give up any of the things you mentioned, and your statement is incorrect the voice codec for gmod is shit the sample rate is currently 11025 you'd start to have decent sound at 32000.

9 hours ago, Old Spartan said:

From what I've read you wouldn't have to give up any of the things you mentioned, and your statement is incorrect the voice codec for gmod is shit the sample rate is currently 11025 you'd start to have decent sound at 32000.

First off, most people don't even notice the difference because not everyone pays that close attention to gmod audio.

Second, the OP stated that everyone had to be in the same TS channel. That's not going to work because we are all in separate TS channels at all times unless its a community meeting. Which means you would have to delete all battalion channels and just put everyone in 1 TS channel, and he also stated to implement radios for speaking to your battalion only, and I already stated why that is a bad idea.

2 hours ago, GM-3022 Havok said:

First off, most people don't even notice the difference because not everyone pays that close attention to gmod audio.

Second, the OP stated that everyone had to be in the same TS channel. That's not going to work because we are all in separate TS channels at all times unless its a community meeting. Which means you would have to delete all battalion channels and just put everyone in 1 TS channel, and he also stated to implement radios for speaking to your battalion only, and I already stated why that is a bad idea.

You saying we have delete all channels makes no sense. You have obviously never played on a Arma Life Server. Its basically everyone in 1 channel but with local muted and you can only hear people close to you but way better audio. It also adds in Radios ETC. If you want to talk privately you disable the plugin and you talk in your private TS Channels. Its really that easy but would probably affect the population severely