[DIRECTORS] Usage of /comms & and how it should be changed.

SR_Kangaroo

Name: Kangaroo 

Suggestion: Changing the usage of /comms. By meaning, having the /comms being limited to each teams in category. Sith, Republic with Jedi Order.
Meaning only allow those in the job sith related to be able to see their own /comms messages without any interference from others such as individuals not in the job itself to see what the sith are up to unless it is adverted or used by some sort of open comms command. Applying this for the otherside as well which would be the Republic with Jedi Order, allowing all republic members to see their own friendly comms  as they are one whole republic. I believe this will reduce the amount of any ideal issues with "oh this guy is meta gaming,etc". 

Implementation: make seperate comms so it can be viewed by certain jobs or team. Sith vs Republic w/ Jedi Order. | Uncertain about event jobs tho. 

Lore: N/A

Workshop content if applicable: N/A 
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If it is possible to be done, I don't really see any reason why it shouldn't be. (Other than that it would maybe be a lot of work, idk I'm not a GMOD dev.)

It won't eliminate the metagame issue entirely, but it would be  a step in the right direction.

+1

Edited by Baxter
  • Agree 1
Forum Admin

+1

• Friendly 1

I added the Pepe emojis onto the forums

2 hours ago, Arroyo said:

Wait but what if rp wise someone takes the enemies comms. How would we see what they say 

Well RP wise lets say its encrypted so not just anyone can pick it up and listen in, cus its gay that people pick up comms anyway

• Friendly 1

I'm not toxic. You're just making it really hard to not treat you like an idiot.

+1 

I think this can help with RP an d out a further emphasis on communication between battalions. Because personally I dislike having to pretend that I don't know what is going on. Or having to wait until something lands on my lap is annoying. Although I understand that it has its complications. I believe that this could further advance and assist the server in solving its issue with roleplay seriousness.

• Winner 1

327th Papa

spacer.png

Attack Regimental x1

Bly x2

+1, PLEASE, I HATE BEING META-GAMED WHENEVER SITH ATTEMPT TO TAKE AN OUTPOST

• Friendly 1

Current: Rancor Panda | Honorary Consular

spacer.png
Ex: Delta 38, Kom'rk Skirata x2, Mereel Skirata, A'den Skirata, Omega Squad Fi (XO), Foxtrot MDMK, 327th 1stLT, 501st 1stLT, 212th MAJ, 41st WO, Alpha ARC 22 WO 'Aven', 212th 1stLT Lycanthrope

• 1 month later...

oh this suggestion is still up

We decided on no. While it would help with the meta-gaming issue a little bit, in the end it could cause more issues (I.E, staff related where we can't see a sith spam comms)

Again, if people are metagaming, AOS/Report them to staff. We don't need to add a whole new level of development to CWRP when we're already so deep into other things. If you believe people need a system to hold their hand and prevent them from metagaming, then it's quite obvious who the problems are.

DENIED