Suggestion To Increase the Run Speed of Medics.

Billsiff

Name: Rancor ARC MEDL MAJ Billsiff

Suggestion: To Increase the Run Speed of Medics.

Implementation: Increasing the speed of the medic class for all battalions.

Lore: N/A

Workshop content if applicable: N/A

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: Change (Not sure if this counts.)

I have recently become the MEDL of my Battalion and I am looking to improve the almost dead population of Medics in Rancor.

The thing I have been struggling with the most is an incentive to offer to the players to join on as a Medic. I have recently went to many other leads and have been told many different things varying from, players not joining Rancor to become Medics , and players not seeing any benefit for themselves when joining MED.

I see this a issue not just with my battalion, but also an issue that may eventually plague another battalion. Someone who might join Doom's Unit might completely ignore the medical division and just want to be on the front lines and shoot a big gun. There needs to be a larger incentive for players to want to be the Medic class besides just having a Bacta Kit. 

I am suggesting a battalion wide speed boost for Medics as an incentive to join and also as a tool to use as a Medical personnel.

Medics will be able to reach more troopers much faster and provide aid to others on a much wider scale. We will be able to respond to pleas over comms much faster and more effectively, along with being able to run to cover with haste.

Please consider this and give me positive feedback that will help improve on this idea.

Banned

-1 just position yourself better

unknown.png

i made this in MS paint

if you put yourself there, then you will have to run over and it will be slower

unknown.png

if you're running in between pieces of cover, you can heal yourself and heal the wounded dude at the same time.

so, you're tanking damage and healing people

Edited by Spooky
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

-1 I don't think its needed for them to be faster. With the fully boosted run speed in the F2 menu you are fast enough to be the most effective you can. Being fast does not mean a good medic however, knowing your surroundings and your squad makes a good medic.

-1 Giving medics a speed buff would ruin the 91st's and 41st's special trait, along with this other classes may want a passive buff if medics received the passive speed buff. The incentive of being a medic should be about healing and helping others along with med rp, not a speed boost. 

-1 a speed boost shouldn't be a incentive to be a medic. being a tank and being able to run into battle yoloing balls out, tank dmg, and heal you and the boys in the front is. and if you think that medics need a boost to get to cover to cover to heal bois, then your boys need to learn better positioning and not get pinned down. being a medic also adds a frick ton of passive RP in medbay. if i wasn't a lore character  i would be a medic for the reasons i just stated.

Edited by royer
cant spell