CWRP Jesse/Richard's Ban Appeal

Richard

RP Name/Steam Name: TR 501st TC ARC SGM Richard/Jesse
Steam ID:  STEAM_0:1:153665088
Date of Ban: 10/27/18
Length of Ban: I have been banned for 3 days.
Offense: I was banned for "ERP".
Banned By: I believe it was Dragon.
Why should we unban you/shorten the ban period?: I think I should be unbanned for a few reasons. The first reason is that although the staff is not required to give people a warning for ERP before banning, a warning would have been nice to clarify if it was actually ERP or not. This goes into my second reason I've had a couple of people such as Hudson  I believe said that licking was not ERP and so wasn't kissing as long as it was not erotic hence the name Erotic Role Play. I also showed the bind to Hammer and all he did was laugh it off and make a couple jokes off of it. What I was doing wasn't meant to be an erotic thing it was merely a joke and at the least could be classified as FailRP which should've either gave me a warning or an AOS. Also, this is my first offense in the area of ERP, I wasn't given any fear or worry that the bind was not going to constitute as a bannable bind. I can understand how some people would consider this as ERP and if you don't agree with me that is fine but anyways thanks for reading my ban appeal I hope you come to the right decision. I will not be salty over the decision that will be made and will take this into account and learn from this whatever the outcome is.
Evidence to support your claims: Mixed in with my reasoning why I should be unbanned.

I will provide my actual bind for you guys to decide: "TR 501st TC ARC SGM Richard licks whatever/whoever is in front of them with the wrath of an ARC trooper like he's tryna get to the tootsie center."

Edited by Richard
Had to clarify something.

+1

So far with the experiences I've been with you, you genuinely seem like a nice guy and everything.

According to your Ban Appeal, it looks like you didn't mean for this to happen. (Even though I wasn't even there)

It looks like you genuinely didn't know that you were going to get banned and if a Regimental Commander told you that it was fine I believe that you should be unbanned.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47autk0ajbcj5rtkhc86

Former: Delta Pilot 42 | WO Appo | 501st 2ndLT ScarZ | Naval LT Patrick

We had a conversation about erp in team speak where you didn’t listen to me and look where it got you, take this break and learn from it. -1

-TRO 501st ARF CSM Kronos.

• Agree 1

Ex HA | VA | SA | A | NA | GMC | GMM | GMO |
GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Just now, ✞ [SR] Havoc™ [A] said:

+1

So far with the experiences I've been with you, you genuinely seem like a nice guy and everything.

According to your Ban Appeal, it looks like you didn't mean for this to happen. (Even though I wasn't even there)

It looks like you genuinely didn't know that you were going to get banned and if a Regimental Commander told you that it was fine I believe that you should be unbanned.

He talked about doing so in the TS channel, just an fyi, when I reminded him of the rules and punishments he disregarded it.

GM | GH | TRO x4? | TR | RTR | Hunter | Darman | Mereel | Fixer | Etain | Anakin | Hett | Base ops Commander | Forum Mod | Ahsoka x2| Tyzen Xebec | cooker | Jesse | Tup | warthog - Everything else i was

Also for further reference, in server rules and questions like this don’t go to a high ranking member in game go to a high ranking staff member. :)

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, BigBurner said:

-1 just because this isn’t your first run in for immaturity and reference to that kind of stuff. You were yelled at multiple times last night for naming your self dick and got yelled at by SA’s. But I will make sure this sort of confusion never happens again and I will work with a few staff on a reform package of ERP rules so this sort of gray era doesn’t happen again. I will submit a server suggestion to ERP and broaden the scope of what is considered erp

I was actually talking to Sanchez about that whole name situation and his name is literally Richard. Dick is short for richard. People just jump to conclusions and look for the smallest things to yell at and assert dominance over other players for and he told every one of them to calm down and go away. As for the other stuff you're saying, you do you but it's usually pretty obvious when someone is doing ERP.

As for the appeal itself, licking isn't something that I would have ever banned for and I dont think others should either. As you said, it should be classified as FailRP because that is more what it is. If something else was involved in the kicking, then that is a different story. There should have been a warning involved and if the issue persisted then action could be taken but based off of this appeal, I am going to give you a +1 for an unban. Good luck my guy.

• Agree 2
6 minutes ago, BigBurner said:

It’s not the context to the name but the fact that he refused staff orders 2 times to change his name. Also I was the one who told Sanchez that name is fine but higher staff were complaining so he was asked to change it multiple times. I have no problem with his name as dick the point that was annoying was staff yelling at him and his refusal to listen. Next on to the licking part. I would classify it as fail rp and ERP because I don’t know one person in the show who is a clone that would lick and kiss another clone. That’s litteirly erp in a nutshell 

Kissing isn't part of the bind.

Short and simple, ERP is sexual in nature, licking something randomly is failrp. Dick isn't a bad name, any other form of the male genitalia should be considered ERP from what I can tell. Context is all and this was mishandled ban wise.

(Staff members enforce rules, not their will. If the name is fine, he doesn't have to listen.)

+1

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

Bruh Like ERP is hardly a well constructed thing it's really not set out well, wether licking is classed as ERP is uncertain. The name doesn't matter at all Dick is a real name. And 3 days is a long ass time for this shit 

+1

• Agree 1

The most fuckable person on Synergy Star Wars RP~

For those of the people that don't know, this:

erp.PNG

This is what ERP is defined as and punishable as on the staff punishment guidelines. I don't know if people want to comment on this but going off of the definition and length banned it is a lot.

12 minutes ago, Egg said:

For those of the people that don't know, this:

erp.PNG

This is what ERP is defined as and punishable as on the staff punishment guidelines. I don't know if people want to comment on this but going off of the definition and length banned it is a lot.

okay Egg you got me... I changed my vote and I won't comment further. From now on I won't comment on ban appeals. I gotta admit though that strategy is effective.

Edited by BigBurner

changing my stance to in favor of shorten to the guidelines ban, (1 day), not a full unban. For he broke a server rule bottom line.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Richard said:

I also showed the bind to Hammer and all he did was laugh it off and make a couple jokes off of it.

Hammer here, 3 days sounds a bit rough for the bind. However, I wouldn't say you're right when you said :

What I was doing wasn't meant to be an erotic thing it was merely a joke and at the least could be classified as FailRP which should've either gave me a warning or an AOS.

It is rather FailRP, but I'd say licking the heck out of someone comes a bit close to kissing another clone and it's pretty weird regardless.

I wouldn't say it's fine, more than it is somewhat tolerable - and I'm a fairly tolerant guy so that's a factor. That said, for the bind itself:

"TR 501st TC ARC SGM Richard licks whatever/whoever is in front of them with the wrath of an ARC trooper like he's tryna get to the tootsie center."

... we totally don't teach you anything about licking strength in ARC training; Stop that and be a better ARC , lol.

Verdict:

If you delete the bind and stop licking your fellow troopers, +1

..otherwise -1 and serve your time.

Edited by Acid Bunny

Well, this is an oof if I ever saw one.
1st. guidelines weren't followed regarding punishments for this sort of thing that's an oof
2nd. We have said time and time again to speak to people before banning and gauge if they are actually trying to be malicious.

Richard, as a general rule, is a good idea to not have binds that affect other people unless it's for RP purposes.

You have already served 4 hours and your ban will be changed for an additional 2 hours. so you will serve a total of 6 hours for your ban

This ban appeal has been accepted
@BigBurner Don't be afraid to voice your opinion just because of forum rep that dumb
// Moved to Accepted Appeals //

• Agree 2
  • Winner 1
  • Friendly 1