Add a Resizer for staff.

Scribbles

Name: Scribbles

Suggestion: Add a resizer tool for staff to make their Events more immersive, unsure how this will affect server stability but i want opinions on this. 

Implementation: adding the resizer tool for staff to use during events. 

Lore: None, this is for staff.  

Workshop content if applicable: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116892991
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

If you are asking to add or change a job, fill out the following

Add or Change: N/A

Job: N/A

Model: N/A

Weapons:  gmod_tool

Other: This does not work on ragdolls/NPCs, only props. The hitbox doesnt change either i believe so it would just make it for objects that wouldnt involve shooting or contact. (i.e ships in the BG or something)

Edited by Scribbles
Banned

+1

"WAC-47, you've grown!" @Venom

Edited by Spooky
1 hour ago, Korm said:

I'll test this and let you know.

Thanks B. If this is buggy and you may think it will cause alot of lag (it only increases objects visually i think) then feel free to deny this straight up or something.  But hopefully this will make a great addition

Edited by Scribbles

+1 It wouldn't work on vehicles but we could get the prop for it instead of the actual ship. I have tested this before and I am not sure how it would work on the server because of how things work. The resizer changes the size of the prop, its not just cosmetic. Lets see how this pans out. Also, @Qal, if we had accurate sized ships they wouldn't be able to fix anywhere in the skybox.

+1 
J3QjlDG.png

Spoiler

2ndACS SGM BadDog

Former:   Head Admin |TCO Commander Kix Mechanized Regimental Commander Obi Wan Kenobi Battalion Commander Cody | Wolfpack Commander Comet |104th Jedi Master Plo Koon |TRD |GMD | Overseer | 2ndAC Commander Barlex SO Major DU Commander |Waxer Foxtrot Adi Gallia Quinlan Vos Skywalker Consular leader Shadow leader Guardian Leader Gray Jedi Master Commodore Wilhuff  tarkin 

The resizer does not change the hitbox of the object, i went into singeplayer and tested this out. 
as per example here.  But i have taken a few screenshots to make the object larger, The first image is a normal Ship that isnt resized, the second is 3x as big. I think this would be a fun little tool for admins to play around with.  This is all upto the devs/testers though. 
3579AE82DA507BCD824292CFED64263CA42EF16D49C14DAA38E69183CB5EFDBE73CCEC8512E52433

Edited by Scribbles

Ok, so it works on props and NPC's.

Personal Opinion: It'll be okay, if used properly.

Tester Opinion: Same as Personal.

Pros: Make things a bit bigger for immersed events.

Cons: Used on NPC's causes them to look dumb and can lag your game/server and crash your game/server

Overall:

+1 FOR PROSP ONLY

-1 FOR NPCS, IT CAUSES LAG AND GAME CRASHES.

4 minutes ago, Korm said:

Ok, so it works on props and NPC's.

Personal Opinion: It'll be okay, if used properly.

Tester Opinion: Same as Personal.

Pros: Make things a bit bigger for immersed events.

Cons: Used on NPC's causes them to look dumb and can lag your game/server and crash your game/server

Overall:

+1 FOR PROSP ONLY

-1 FOR NPCS, IT CAUSES LAG AND GAME CRASHES.

If this is the case then make it availble for senior+