Zyner

Suggestion:

Some maps to switch to before planetside map

Implementation:

Switching the main server map to another map

Lore:

The Republic had Venators

Workshop content if applicable:
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

rp_redeemer_sr
Can't find it in the Workshop. Maybe Modz or someone else still has it up. I have it downloaded as well.
The classic, already optimized from our previous use. Not much needs to be said about this map.

Yuka
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=810043326
A map once considered to be the main map when Synergy first started, apart from Rishi Moon. This map has plenty to offer as well as a brief snow planetary biome before it all melts away. Tying it into a story, we may as well say that our Venator crashed and we are stranded here until re-deployed to an FOB (the new map). Could give in-character explanation to new players as to we are here.

Venator AR
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1127302256
Similar to our old map while having some differences as well. Nice pre-built DB. Old school citadel with NPC spawner & well as another large SIM room with kill houses and obstacle courses pre-built.  Brig with camera & multiple cells. A small Jedi temple. A large SIM room with pre-built obstacles and buildings. Pre-built mess half and small Medbay with some rooms. Some new rooms here and there. One of the complaints for it will be a rather awkward engine room, it's just a laser and a large fan, both which can be turned off.

Kamino Extensive
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=774517123
Some are already used to getting to be on Kamino whenever the Main Server goes down, may as well fully immerse ourselves going back to Kamino for some time. As some may know, this includes all of Kamino Standalone, as well as the old Jedi Temple we had plus the Acclamator is now in the air with an LAAT that can take you to and from it as well as escape pods.

These are just some I had a look out and found justified to bring up as suggestions, there are plenty more I looked over that did not fit well.

Please make sure to +1/-1 with a reason each specific map to pick a favorite. Feel free to download and try them out yourself.

1 hour ago, Fours said:

Honestly I'd prefer these maps as event server maps. We currently don't have a venator map on the event server.

I had asked Joah to include the Redeemer in the event server and he did for some time but then it got removed.

I like the map we are on now. I feel that until we get a new custom Venator we should keep this one. I will second the vote for another Venator but I really do like this map. Also I feel like we should keep a ship for the main server map and whatever map for events...

Personal Opinion: Some more maps could lean towards better events and more creativity, who doesn't like that?

Tester Opinion: Size is pretty good for map standards, they are new and possibly could lead to more events.

Pros: New Maps, Good Sizing, more creative and better events.

Cons: None.

Overall: +1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Retired Founder

ɴᴏɴᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ᴏʀ ɴᴇᴇᴅᴇᴅ.
ᴀʟsᴏ ᴡᴇ ᴍɪsᴘʟᴀᴄᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴅᴇᴇᴍᴇʀ.

ᴅᴇɴɪᴇᴅ.