Recon

Kip

28 minutes ago, Doc said:

What I have the impression of is basically because of the SO having cloaks, the main point is to use them to scout forward positions and recon more closely while cloaked. It can of course be argued that they should be in specialized cuz of cloaks but there’s already a higher amount of batts in specialized and as for SOBDE thats most likely or definitely no as that is currently entirely null/RC

I have never seen SO in my time of being in recon do "recon". They would operate better in SOBDE in my opinion, just because of their cloaks and actual use in lore. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_shadow_trooper/Legends

• Agree 1

Former Positions: 

• 41st XO
  • 41st Green Leader
  • 41st Faie
  • Temple Guard Manager/Cin
  • Overseer
  • Gamemaster

Here's the thing. We do recon yes but we also do alot of differnt things. We just did a hostage rescue with wookies and used our cloaks. We also sometimes sneak into buildings for sabatoges and spy on enemy's.

7 hours ago, J.Jefferson said:

I have never seen SO in my time of being in recon do "recon". They would operate better in SOBDE in my opinion, just because of their cloaks and actual use in lore. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_shadow_trooper/Legends

Isard created the shadow troopers as a reconnaissance unit,

It says they were a reconnaissance unit, so that's why they don't operate under SOBDE. SOBDE usually worked under orders directly from the senate as they were assassins outfitted for most tasks that came at them because of their physical training during their upbringing as pretty much all other clones had programmes run in their heads for training. Meaning they'd all be outfitted for different specific reasons.

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, Fours said:

Isard created the shadow troopers as a reconnaissance unit,

It says they were a reconnaissance unit, so that's why they don't operate under SOBDE. SOBDE usually worked under orders directly from the senate as they were assassins outfitted for most tasks that came at them because of their physical training during their upbringing as pretty much all other clones had programmes run in their heads for training. Meaning they'd all be outfitted for different specific reasons.

Except we aren't shadow company anymore

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, Kip said:

Here's the thing. We do recon yes but we also do alot of differnt things. We just did a hostage rescue with wookies and used our cloaks. We also sometimes sneak into buildings for sabatoges and spy on enemy's.

When? 

Edited by J.Jefferson
  • Agree 1

Former Positions: 

• 41st XO
  • 41st Green Leader
  • 41st Faie
  • Temple Guard Manager/Cin
  • Overseer
  • Gamemaster
19 minutes ago, Rocketpackgolem said:

Except we aren't shadow company anymore

You still hold the exact same role as Shadow Company, if you wanna change yourselves completely from Shadow troopers then the cloaks would be gone too. A name change of a unit does not determine or differentiate the role they hold, which is reconnaissance.

EDIT: If you still believe you all should be SOBDE because of your name and cloaks, make a server suggestion, but the lore will not be there. And await the replies.

Edited by Fours

" Since the numbers of the Advanced Recon Commandos were dwindling, Isard created the shadow troopers as a reconnaissance unit, who, with the benefit of greatly modified and expensive armor, could operate covertly and undercover "

It is literally in there DESCRIPTION "RECONNAISSANCE UNIT", but I will bullet some of the reasons why they should NOT be in SOBDE

• They are NOT special, you worse special ARMOR, but were not like RC or Null, you didn't have the same traits, qualifications, or standards as an RC, stop trying to be some "Elite" task fore. You are black clones who go invis, thats it.
  • The point of the cloaks were to be able to efficiently RECON. Literally in the description.
  • It has even been said by Joah and the Directors that SOBDE will be for SQUADS only, not for battalions, so like...

Hopefully this can shed some light on the issue, and why they SHOULD be in Recon

• Agree 1
14 minutes ago, J.Jefferson said:

When? 

It was eggs event. We went with 41st and RM to rescue some wookies so we cloaked and untied them. In the event we had yo rescue General x2 we spied on someone for intel

9 minutes ago, Washington said:

" Since the numbers of the Advanced Recon Commandos were dwindling, Isard created the shadow troopers as a reconnaissance unit, who, with the benefit of greatly modified and expensive armor, could operate covertly and undercover "

It is literally in there DESCRIPTION "RECONNAISSANCE UNIT", but I will bullet some of the reasons why they should NOT be in SOBDE

• They are NOT special, you worse special ARMOR, but were not like RC or Null, you didn't have the same traits, qualifications, or standards as an RC, stop trying to be some "Elite" task fore. You are black clones who go invis, thats it.
  • The point of the cloaks were to be able to efficiently RECON. Literally in the description.
  • It has even been said by Joah and the Directors that SOBDE will be for SQUADS only, not for battalions, so like...

Hopefully this can shed some light on the issue, and why they SHOULD be in Recon

I was more thinking specialized not SOBDE. Because if where in recon I don't under stand the name change 

Gonna be real, the regiments practically mean nothing and are just a way to divide up the server for the most part to be split among regimentals. Yes, they are put into groups based on similarities and tasks, but at the end of the day its not something to make a fuss over. For example, when we had the defense the only defined "defense battalion" was Doom's Unit. Changing regiments for the most part won't affect the gameplay except for some deployments and who your high command is.

• Agree 1