Selling/Buying VIP

Rolenth

Name:Chief Librarian Jocasta Nu

Suggestion:Ban people buying or selling store item with in game credits(Not actually ban them in game, just the option for people to do it).

Implementation: Just make it a rule that it isn't allowed. It takes from the funds to develop the server. Also the amount of people crying for someone to do it in OOC is about to make me pop another testicle.

Lore: Absolutely none.

Workshop content if applicable:
(If no workshop content, suggest a developer or put "Require Development")

WAS MEDIC

-1 some people on the server cannot pay with PayPal, maybe because of their age or just because of their parents. This gives them a chance to get VIP using in game credits. This is also a bonus for the server as a lot more money comes in now.

-1 it doesnt decrease funding for the server, it INCREASES it.  whether vip is sold in game or not, someone still buys it.  People buying with in game credits will actually cause more vips to be bought, because otherwise, those certain people offering credits (given they cant pay for it through paypaal) would have no opportunity at buying VIP.

• Agree 1

+1. If you guys want to settle buying shit for petty in-game credits don't fucking bring it to OOC. If you wanna pm somebody in teamspeak about it by all means. Just keep that shit out of game because it's sad, stupid, annoying etc. Just keep it out of the game and I'll be fucking golden.

-1 to this. The server gets paid the money anyways, so it's not like they are losing money due to this. Some people who are less fortunate, especially if they are younger with poor parents, can't afford to spend money on a server item within a game. As long as they aren't actually spamming /ooc, this is where that sort of message is supposed to go...

10 hours ago, Medic said:

Implementation: Just make it a rule that it isn't allowed. It takes from the funds to develop the server. Also the amount of people crying for someone to do it in OOC is about to make me pop another testicle.

It doesn't take any funds away from the server? If anything, it creates an actual monetary value for ingame currency. If someone else buys me VIP, then they server still made the $25, it's not like they lost that money because I didn't pay it myself. As for the /ooc spam, if they are actively spamming the chat, it should become a staff matter at that point.

• Agree 1

I don't think you people understand. This buying/selling tac inserts/vip is just spammed in ooc now. It's getting to the point where I just want to fucking disable the damn thing. It's irritating and useless. I know the server gets the money, but its the fact that they are BEGGING IN OOC....................

Just now, Fours said:

I don't think you people understand. This buying/selling tac inserts/vip is just spammed in ooc now. It's getting to the point where I just want to fucking disable the damn thing. It's irritating and useless. I know the server gets the money, but its the fact that they are BEGGING IN OOC....................

You are 100% right its okay to ask about it but not when you fucking spam it like 100 times with a new beg text... :) 

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Tango said:

Well then we should put a rule about spamming ooc rather than banning it. 

2 hours ago, Fours said:

+1. If you guys want to settle buying shit for petty in-game credits don't fucking bring it to OOC. If you wanna pm somebody in teamspeak about it by all means. Just keep that shit out of game because it's sad, stupid, annoying etc. Just keep it out of the game and I'll be fucking golden.

I suggest we make a rule about spamming it or just have them pm it to people. I don’t really see the reason to ban it totally. What is the point ??? Sure it makes some not annoyed. We should just restrict it not totally remove it

-1 I don't think the problem is that people are buying VIP using in game credits. I think people are more annoyed by the fact that people beg for it on OOC. if that is the case and it bothers a lot of people make a rule "No advertising for VIP selling in chat".

Edited by Alfa

Neutral I agree that it's annoying in OOC and I have had people ask multiple times about it and I'm gonna say it needs to stop. However it's not anyone else's money then the one paying.  So. Maybe like said above. A punishment more excessive asking but.  We are in no way in control of what someone else wants to do with their money.  

• Agree 1

This post, as seen by the responses above, raises some controversy and diversity with peoples opinions. For someone who can’t afford it or is to young to obtain the money in the necessary form this happening has been a blessing to them. However for those of us who can and have bought it, it has gotten to the point of annoyance. Their is a great possibility that if this is allowed to continue many people could be scammed and this create bigger controversy. Also problems could happen where payments don’t go through correctly and someone payed for something the other person didn’t get.

A few recommendations I have is that their could be a ts channel for this sort of thing so that both the people who are selling credits for vip can communicate, cause let’s be honest it has gotten overwhelming in ooc. However their is still the possibility of people getting scammed if this continues. So in light of this I recommend adding a ts tag that designates someone as a trusted donator, this is only if a ts channel is implemented. What this tag represents is someone who is a man/woman/whatever else you identify as, to be seen as someone who can be trusted. Now with this to obtain the tag 2 people must witness the person making the transaction and approve that everything is done fairly. 

In conclusion I agree that the constant request in Ooc is a bit much and needs to stop however a system can be set up to make this work.

-1 Why remove this option, you can't afford VIP irl so you buy it from someone that hopefully you trust. This in no way hurts the sever infact, it increases income if anything. I haven't personally seen the ooc spam, but I understand how it could be annoying, but then again if they're spamming it's a staff issue. 

Edited by Scarn

Just ban it from chat just like you've done with "Execute Order 66" (Maybe not ban them the first time but mute them and give them a warning).

+1 banning VIP deals in OOC

-1 to outright banning people from trading IG credits for VIP.

| Another one of those pesky OGs |

| Forums residentsleeper |

Am I the only one here who does not find it annoying when people ask for VIP or anything along those lines? It is not very annoying.... If someone spams it and is breaking a rule that is different.

As for those of you who say "do not use ooc" or anything along those lines, where else is the person supposed to ask for it? ooc is the only way they can technically ask for it and not get in trouble for failRP.

My second point is for those of you who tell them to PM people and ask for it. That is probably one of the most redundant and obsurd things I have ever heard. You are basically saying that they should go person to person over and over just to see if someone will buy it for them. That will waste so much time for the person who just wants to enjoy the server more as well as risk the chance of the person asking someone multiple times by accident. I know I for one would lose track due to the fact that there can be 128 people on at once as well as people connect and disconnect. Some of these suggestions are not thought out and a waste of time.

Edited by Keo (old Pheonix)
  • Agree 1
  • Retired Founder

ɪᴛ's ғɪɴᴇ, sᴏᴍᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴀғғᴏʀᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴄᴛᴜᴀʟ ᴄᴀsʜ.
ᴛʜᴇ ɪᴛᴇᴍ ɪs sᴛɪʟʟ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴘᴀɪᴅ ғᴏʀ.

ɪᴛ's ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴀʟᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ.

ᴅᴇɴɪᴇᴅ.

• Agree 2